Canadian Caesars on cruises?

BoPippy

Just wondering from other Canadian or other cruisers if the Emerald has real Caesars,not the Crappy Bloody Mary's type.I seem to remember,but could be wrong,that the bar by the International Cafe had them,but no other bars on the ship.The Spicy Clamatto Juice is so good with the other spices,celery or spicy bean.Tomato juice and vodka don't cut it!!!

Just wondering from other Canadian or other cruisers if the Emerald has real Caesars,not the Crappy Bloody Mary's type.I seem to remember,but could be wrong,that the bar by the International Cafe had them,but no other bars on the ship.The Spicy Clamatto Juice is so good with the other spices,celery or spicy bean.Tomato juice and vodka don't cut it!!!

it has been hit or miss if they have clamatto juice or not, we saw it on the Emerald in December and in Alaska last May but not on the Star in October

I hope they do...we are on the Coral for Alaska in July...a whole week without one would be tortuous! Although, I do find any Caesars I've been lucky enough to find while travelling outside Canada didn't quite taste as good as they do at home. Hmmm...now that you mention it, I think it's Caesar time now!

We have been extremely lucky since 2002 when we started cruising.

Always have had genuine Caesars on every cruise.

I hope that we will still be lucky this fall in the Med.

Just finished one that DH made for me, yum.

I had no idea this drink had a name. I just thought it was an interesting twist on a bloody mary that someone adventurous came up with while perusing the juice aisle.

Yum! Can't wait to have one! For breakfast of course. When on vacation...there are no rules!

You may not like Bloody Marys but I dont think you have the right to call them Crappy. Myself, I prefer a bloody Mary, Caesars are too weak for me. Maybe I am a bad Canadian.

On 20 cruises on Princess, since November 2008, I've never had any problems, especially since they smartened up and got the 1.89L containers, instead of the little dinky cans. When the bar tenders find out tat I drink Ceacars, they make sure there is lots of Clamato juice on hand,;) :D

Cato :)

Completed Cruises !

Pre-cruise Days - The Big Red Boat, 1993 ??

1st cruise - Coral Princess, 19 November 2008, 10 day Panama Canal, FLL to ACA

2nd cruise - Coral Princess, 15 May 2009, 3 day Repositioning, Los Angeles to Vancouver.

3rd cruise - Sapphire Princess, 25 November 2009? 7 day Mexican Riviera.

4th cruise - Golden Princes, 12 June 2010, 7 day Alaska. (Golden Anniversary Cruise)

5th Cruise - Island Princess, 04 October 2010, Vancouver - Los Angeles, Repositioning

6th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 05 January 2011, 10 day Mexican Riviera. LA to LA.

7th cruise - Golden Princess, 11 May 2011, 3 day, LA to Vancouver, Repositioning

8th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 14 May 2011, 1 day, Vancouver to Seattle, Repositioning

9th cruise - Coral Princess 19 May 2011 2 day, San Francisco to Vancouver, Repositioning

10th & 11th cruises - Coral Princess 02 July to 16 July 2011, round trip Vancouver - Whittier Alaska, B2B

12th & 13th cruises - Sapphire Princess, x2, Cabins, 18 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning

14th & 15th cruises - Golden Princess, x2, Cabins, 24 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning.

We have now reached Elite status with Princess Cruise Lines

16th cruise - Oasis of the Seas, 26 Nov. 2011, 7 day, Western Caribbean, Ft. Lauderdale, Ret.

17th & 18th cruises - Crown Princess B2B, 03 - 10 Dec & 10 - 17 Dec 2011, 14 Days, South & western Caribbean

19th cruise - Grand Princess, 31 Mar. - 07Jun.0212 7 Days, Eastern Caribbean, FLL - FLL

20th cruise - Island Princess, 06-16 June 2012, 10 day cruisetour Vancouver - Wittier

21th cruise - Emerald Princess, 16 day, 10 - 26 Sep. 2012, TA, Copenhagen - New York

22nd cruise - Carnival Ecstasy 10 - 14 January, 2013, 4 Day Bahamas, Port Canaveral Ret.

Future & Hopeful Cruises !

( Already booked )

23rd cruise - Sapphire Princess 30 March - 06 April, 2013, 7 Day Coastal LA - LA

24th cruise - Royal Princess 16 June - 05 July, 2013, 19 Day Inaugural cruise, Southampton - Venice.

25th cruise - Emerald Princess, 06 Oct. - 16 Oct. 2013, 10 Day Cruise, Quebec City to New York City

26th cruise - Royal Princess, 14 November - 01 December, 2013, Eastern Caribbean, Fort Lauderdale Ret.

27th cruise - Star Princess, 20 December, 2013 - 04 January, 2014, 15 Day, Hawaii, Christmas-New Years, LA-LA

28th cruise - Crown Princess, 15 February - 05 April, 2014, South America, FLL - LAX, 49 Days.

29th cruise - Regal Princess, 02 June - 19 June, 2014, Venice - Barcelona, - Venice 17 days

I had no idea this drink had a name. I just thought it was an interesting twist on a bloody mary that someone adventurous came up with while perusing the juice aisle.

Yum! Can't wait to have one! For breakfast of course. When on vacation...there are no rules!

I hate to admit that, at my age, I had never heard of a "Caesar." Thanks for the education and suggestion. I'll be looking for one when we board the Diamond in a couple of weeks.

You may not like Bloody Marys but I dont think you have the right to call them Crappy. Myself, I prefer a bloody Mary, Caesars are too weak for me. Maybe I am a bad Canadian.

Actually,a Bloody Mary and a Caesar have the same alcohol,exactly!so one is no weaker or stronger than the other.I have the right to call them crappy for MY taste.For you they may be great,so enjoy them.:confused:

I consider myself a Caesar aficionado, having learned to make them at the age of 10 (for my dad, not me!)...it was my "job" to have one for ready for him at the end of the day. I taught my OH how to make them when we started dating 4 years ago (he had never tried one!) and dare I say, his Caesar making skills have surpassed mine! For my fellow Caesar lovers, many years ago my dad ordered a "gin Caesar" when we were out for brunch. I scrunched up my face and said "ewwww", and he told the waitress not to bring me my vodka Caesar until I had given his a try...WOW, very yummy...I suggest you give it a try if you haven't before...I have since hooked a number of people on them! A bartender once told me this was called a Jaesar (...sp?)! And yes BoPippy, the "extreme bean" is a must, along with a jalapeño stuffed olive and a peperoncini pepper!

I like my Bloody Mary's spicy, and made with Clamato. What's the difference between that and a Caesar? I've never heard of a Caesar until now. :)

I am with you I didn't realize it had a different name as we have been making Bloody Mary's with Clamato for about 20 plus years. Love the flavor but I like the regular Bloody Mary mix as well.

Not for everyone, but I like a clammy pint now and then. Clamato + beer. Better than it sounds ;)

I used to top my beer glass off with some Clamato after a few sips.Really good.Kind of got away with it.:)

I had an urge for some Caesars about a month ago....purchased the Mott's Clamato (picante)mix at our local Safeway here in AZ....never thought of them as a Canadian bevie but I guess it is. At home in Canada, the Loblaws chain's "President's Choice" offers a Clamato juice product which IMO is better than Mott's.

Archived