Shuttle from Anchorage Airport to Whittier

grumpyfan

We are arriving in the evening into Anchorage airport, and need to get to Whittier that evening

Can any one direct me to a reliable shuttle company that will transfer us from the airport to our hotel in Whittier?

We are arriving in the evening into Anchorage airport, and need to get to Whittier that evening

Can any one direct me to a reliable shuttle company that will transfer us from the airport to our hotel in Whittier?

Why not spend the night in Anchorage and shuttle the next day?

I wasn't aware that there are hotels in Whittier. there is not much there, most stay in Anchorage and take the Princess Transfer. I would ask on the Alaska board. Incidentally, my midnight arrrival in

Anchorage happened at 2:30am, and I checked into my Anchorage hotel at 3:30am. When I dragged my luggage up to the desk, the clerk asked if I was checking out! EM

First off - sorry I thought I was on the Alaska board! My mistake!!!

I would like to stay the first night in Anchorage but my husband is halibut fishing on July 5 so we need to get to Whittier the night we arrive....we may have to take a limo or something....

Thanks!

Check out http://dot.alaska.gov/creg/whittiertunnel/schedule.shtml

This is the summer and winter schedules for the ONE way tunnel from Bear Valley (the Anchorage side) to Whittier.

Summer, it closes at 11:15pm, and tha;'s the last trip from Whittier to Bear Valley, not the direction you want. Last trip to Whittier is 10:30-10:45pm.

The tunnel is only 15 minutes each way once per hour to allow for cars (and some trains) to get through the long tunnel, before changing to the other direction.

So unless you make it to the tunnel entrance (about 90 mins from Anchorage airport) by 10:45pm, you'll be sleeping at the tunnel entrance.

• 1 month later...
Take the train, much better then a bus. :eek:

Colo Cruiser......do you have any information on the train? We are doing a Back to back on the Coral Princess. Do trains run regularly between Whittier and Anchorage? Any info is appreciated. (We are thinking about renting a car and driving to Anchorage, and then back to Whittier.)

Archived