Beach recommendation?

SandraLee

I'll be in Cozumel with my DS17 and D14. We are looking for a beach that has a nice pool. All-inclusive is really not important.

We want to be 'close' to the port -- easy taxi. I've looked at Paradise Beach and it seems perfect except a bit too loud and focused on younger kids??

Which other would be a good fit?

thanks,

We like Paradise Beach and did not think it was too loud. In fact, sitting on the beach, I don't remember hearing a lot of music. We are headed back this weekend so I can update you on how loud the music is next week. I do remember music by the pool but it wasn't overbearing.

We always go to Mr. Sanchos...it is fantastic! You do have to reserve, but in my opinion it is well worth it. It is such a relaxing day and they have cabanas there!!

Thanks! I'd love to hear your feedback. Is it necessary to pre-reserve? I'm pretty simple -- all we really want is a few chairs on the beach. :-)

No need to reserve with Paradise Beach or the non-AI side of Mr. Sanchos; both offer nice beaches, water toys perfect for your teens, a pool (the pool at PB is HUGE :D) and good food and drinks. Taxi to either should be aobut $15+tip for all of you in one cab.

Easy to get a cab back when you've had your fill of sun and margaritas. :rolleyes: Good luck! :)

I'll be in Cozumel with my DS17 and D14. We are looking for a beach that has a nice pool. All-inclusive is really not important.

We want to be 'close' to the port -- easy taxi. I've looked at Paradise Beach and it seems perfect except a bit too loud and focused on younger kids??

thanks,

Our family was at Paradise Beach in August. It was approx. a 15-minute taxi ride away from the cruise terminal. We went with our 3 DS's, ages 13, 17 & 20. From the giant 14 foot iceberg to the water trampolines and slides, the boys had an blast somersaulting into the water, slipping, sliding and jumping to their hearts content into the warm ocean water below.

We were not aware of any loud music nor did we notice that Paradise Beach was focused for younger kids.

There is also a large pool complete with a bar and shallow area which allows lounge chairs to sit in the water.

We were able to order lunch right on the beach and it was very good.

Between relaxing under the swaying palms, kayaking, swimming and playing on the inflatable watertoys, Paradise Beach was certainly the perfect place for us to go with our DS's. I am sure you will enjoy it too.

For more information and to see photos of our day at Paradise Beach, please check out my review located between posts #57- #60 in the link below:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1704270&page=3

I have also put together a video which includes more photos and video clips of our time at Paradise Beach.

It's going to be Paradise Beach! Thanks everyone.

One last question . . . When you enter, do they take you to loungers on the beach? I'm guessing you can just keep going back and forth from the beach to the pool?

It's going to be Paradise Beach! Thanks everyone.

One last question . . . When you enter, do they take you to loungers on the beach? I'm guessing you can just keep going back and forth from the beach to the pool?

They have loungers at the pool area, they have loungers just as you enter the beach under large palm trees and then loungers close to the water that have umbrellas. On the day we went, it was a little breezy and we loved just listening to the palm fronds in the wind. Very Tropical!

Also, we sat on the beach for the first 2 hours and then moved to the pool. No issue at all.

thanks,

Just there this past Friday.... it was nice. Don't recall any too loud music. Teenagers enjoyed the water toys - food was good - had cerviche (shrimp) which was good as well as chips and salsa, DS had a bacon cheeseburger, fries.... a little on the expensive side but I only paid $2.00 for a lounge chair and umbrella so I couldn't really complain lol. Enjoyed the day there - clean bathrooms, attentive service, plenty of lounge chairs and umbrellas, very pretty grounds and they were immaculate. Free wi-fi.... beach was nice.

Will warn you about the taxi drivers - they will try to take you elsewhere - stick to your guns and do not pay them anything except the agreed upon fare and pay your entrance fee to Paradise Beach, not the taxi driver. Our driver wanted us to pay him and he said he could negotiate a 10.00 fee for us at Paradise, but we said no thank you because we already knew the fee. Watch it on the way back as well. Negotiate the cab fee both ways. Read the posted fares and be aware of the prices. They tried to take advantage of us coming and going and they drive like bats out of hell!

Thanks for the message about the taxi drivers. I hate that. I usually know what the rates should be but it drives me crazy to know they will take advantage of tourists.

And the cab drivers in Coz are tame and well regulated compared to the ones in Philadelphia! :(

Archived