Email re: Liberty of the Seas on March 30th

This just in :eek:

We are contacting you with important information regarding your upcoming sailing on the Liberty of the Seas on March 30th. Due to recent government budget reductions, U.S. Customs and Border Protection staffing has been affected, creating a longer immigration processing time for departing guests, and the ship has experienced a later clearance time for arriving guests. Therefore, your check-in window is now between 12:00pm to 3:15pm, which is later than the times published in your cruise documents. Please do not arrive at the terminal prior to 12:00pm. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation, and look forward to welcoming you onboard.

They always send emails saying that, go as early as you want.

Have a great cruise, I love that ship, its beautiful.

Ah, no, these have been going out to many cruisers over the past few weeks due to the sequestration since there are fewer customs officials to help clear the ships.

I know the cruise docs used to say get to the port around 1 or 2 and it was normal to ignore, but these notifications are very different. If you want to get to the port early, go for it, but just expect a long delay in boarding.

HI,

Trust me, but I have read many recent reviews of people saying they got to the port at 11am, and were on the ship by 11 30. So you all can go late, but I will be at my ship and eating lunch by 11 30a.

I can not say how I know, but I do.

Have a great cruise.

Archived