The wait is killing me!!

hladygirl

We booked the dawn for 14 night out of Boston in nov 2013. We were booking a cruise once a year for the last few years. 2012 we had to skip due to finances. This years cruise we booked 13 months in advance. Still over 7 months to go. I can not stand the long wait until this cruise. How do people book so far out all the time and tolerate the wait?

Blink and its Christmas!

Just booked one at 681 days out and in the interim, I will do some research for it but for the rest of the time, live life. I love to cruise, but everyday happens in between them and I don't want to miss those either.

I find that as long as I don't start packing, I can contain my excitement. I will usually check on my roll call a couple of time a week. Also, read the reviews for your particular ship/itnerary. I also try not to think about it all the time until I get about 2 months prior then that is all I can think about. Have a great time

We booked the dawn for 14 night out of Boston in nov 2013. We were booking a cruise once a year for the last few years. 2012 we had to skip due to finances. This years cruise we booked 13 months in advance. Still over 7 months to go. I can not stand the long wait until this cruise. How do people book so far out all the time and tolerate the wait?

We're sailing in May 2014 which seems like an eternity but life does go on outside of cruising and it will be no time before it is here (I keep telling myself that but it doesn't help much:o).

In my case... Not well? ;) I'm down to just over 90 days, and it's excruciating. I feel your pain.

How do I cope? Believe it or not, early planning and packing. One of the two big suitcases we're taking aboard is already packed. Shrug. It keeps me relatively sane, so I go with it.

DML

Oh...for the record...I booked it more than a year in advance, as well.

I booked D.W. Fiftieth birthday cruise as soon as it was put up for sale as she wanted an Aft Balcony . Could not stand the wait .:eek: Now we are blessed that we can sail last minute. I LOVE booking and sailing the same Week .:D:D

I booked my April 2014 cruise in December of 2012. I bought it to give to my wive as a Christmas present in 2013. That means I have to keep it a secret from her for a full year :eek: I am at the point I am looking at cruises for 2015 just so I can talk about having a cruise booked :rolleyes:

I booked my April 2014 cruise in December of 2012. I bought it to give to my wive as a Christmas present in 2013. That means I have to keep it a secret from her for a full year :eek: I am at the point I am looking at cruises for 2015 just so I can talk about having a cruise booked :rolleyes:

you can do it! I booked Epic for the 2nd time right after we sailed the 1st time. So in January 2011 I booked for February 2013. It was something like 735 days :eek: I gave it to my kids for Christmas in 2012. It was a LONG secret to hold but it was fun and the surprise was worth it. I also booked breakaway in March 2012 for my husband and gave it to him for Christmas 2012. That wait wasn't as long, but I was holding in those secrets!

Now I booked Gem for Thanksgiving 2014 and ... yup ... secret for the kids. It's fun! As far as the wait, I spend lots of time here keeping me excited :)

you can do it! I booked Epic for the 2nd time right after we sailed the 1st time. So in January 2011 I booked for February 2013. It was something like 735 days :eek: I gave it to my kids for Christmas in 2012. It was a LONG secret to hold but it was fun and the surprise was worth it. I also booked breakaway in March 2012 for my husband and gave it to him for Christmas 2012. That wait wasn't as long, but I was holding in those secrets!

Now I booked Gem for Thanksgiving 2014 and ... yup ... secret for the kids. It's fun! As far as the wait, I spend lots of time here keeping me excited :)

I am so glad to see someone sailing on the Gem with a larger countdown than myself:).

Thats why I love coming here so much. The best part o the suprise is the wife will only see the confirm for the balcony cabin I originally booked and cancelled. She won't know about the suite until we get to the ship :D

I booked our upcoming cruise in April, in April of 2012. So a little over a year out - I am so ready to go. Been visiting the boards more recently since February I guess and seeing more information for the Breakaway. Though being a new ship not a whole lot of research I can do in advance.

Have been killing the time with researching things for us to do in London, etc during our four day stay there.

I am also booking a cruise on Disney for May of next year and that wait will kill me too!!!!

Thats why I love coming here so much. The best part o the suprise is the wife will only see the confirm for the balcony cabin I originally booked and cancelled. She won't know about the suite until we get to the ship :D

I will have to remember that trick!:)

I am so glad to see someone sailing on the Gem with a larger countdown than myself:).

and now I'm stalking all the Gem posts even though it's 600 days away. LOL!!! I'm really excited to be doing a 9 day itinerary - never did one longer than 7 before.

Our July 2013 Med Cruise on the Spirit was booked in August 2012, and here we are, today, hitting double digits at 99 days before we leave for London and the start of our trip. :D

It is amazing, actually, how fast the time has gone. I've spent the time planning, researching, organizing, reading, thinking, and dreaming of the trip. It's so much fun to plan, I don't know how I would feel booking a trip last minute and just leaving right away.

LOVE It! When we sailed the Gem for our anniversary in 10/11, we booked a balcony - it was just the 2 of us and didn't wanted to spend the extra. But we got upsold to a suite a few days before and I didn't tell my husband. So we got to check in and went to the VIP area. He didn't get it. Then we started talking to the concierge about the spa and restaurants. He finally said "oh my God - are we in a suite?" It was so fun surprising him!!

and now I'm stalking all the Gem posts even though it's 600 days away. LOL!!! I'm really excited to be doing a 9 day itinerary - never did one longer than 7 before.

Right there with you, if it has Gem in the subject line I'm clicking on it. (Of course we are only taking a 7 day itinerary, but the day will come when we can take a longer one).

Our first cruise was a 15 night Caribbean. Hard to think of anything less than 2 weeks. We did an 11 night last cruise and decided it was too short. Booked for 14 night this fall in Caribbean. Don't try anything longer than 9 days because you will never be able to go backwards.

Archived