Book a 2nd person later??

Piecukonis

Hello!!

A friend of mine wants to join in on our family cruise which is great but at this moment wants to book the room herself...then possibly bring someone closer to sailing. I know the rooms are charged by double occupancy but what happens if she books the room as a single then wants to add a person to her booking later? How will that work out financially?

Thanks! :)

The original person booking would have to pay the double deposit. If she adds someone then they would pay the additional fees and taxes like Fire said.

In the past though I have seen where one person booked and went to add their husband later and could not. Even though she had a double room booked the ship was at full passenger capacity and therefore was told she could not add husband. It all worked out in the end but your friend should be aware that it could happen.

The original person booking would have to pay the double deposit. If she adds someone then they would pay the additional fees and taxes like Fire said.

In the past though I have seen where one person booked and went to add their husband later and could not. Even though she had a double room booked the ship was at full passenger capacity and therefore was told she could not add husband. It all worked out in the end but your friend should be aware that it could happen.

It's rare that you can't add second to a solo booking

know the rooms are charged by double occupancy but what happens if she books the room as a single then wants to add a person to her booking later?

I've done this. The cruise rate won't change when you add someone. Like the others said when she books initially she will pay the cruise rate for 2 guests and then taxes/fees for one. Then to add someone she will only pay taxes/fees.

I had a cruise booked solo then my daughter decided to join me, I paid ($79) to add her. That was the cost of taxes/fees for her since I had already paid for the cabin.

Don't wail until the last minute to add that person though because once total ship capacity is reached they won't let you add someone to your cabin, even if that cabin can accomodate more.

However they work that out financially is between them, Carnival doesn't care who pays what.

A few other things to consider, if the person originally booking the cabin has OBC it will automatically be split down the middle between the 2 S&S accounts. Dumb, but that's how it works. Also any room charges (mine bar, missing beach towel, etc) will go on the account of the person who made the reservation.

Yes, it can happen where a 2nd pax cannot be added to a booking. Our family booked a Christmas cruise over a year in advance and my SIL (divorced) wasn't sure she wanted to bring her new boyfriend to the family event. To make a long story short, she got engaged at Thanksgiving and wanted to add him to her booking. Because they accepted so many triple and quad bookings they would not add him to her booking as the ship was at capacity. She was way past final payment and went on the cruise so as not to lose her money. She was miserable the entire time and ruined the trip whining about missing the fiance. They ended up NOT getting married. LOL

Not true. I booked 2 cabins with my debit card for 6 people. My limit is $1000 per day. Last time I booked a cruise, I paid $125pp in deposits. Turns out, it was a 1/2 price deposit promo and the real rate is $250. I really didnt want to lose the room I chose (only 2 on the ship and the other cabin was booked.). I also wanted to book 4 / 2 per cabin. Rep told me to book 3 in one cabin and 1 in the other to hold the rooms. Deposit for the 1 in the room was $250, though the fare was double occupancy. I called back a few weeks later to add one in each of the rooms. I paid the $250 deposits for each person. The room with only 2 people, only the extra fees/taxes ($79) were added to th fare. The added to first room with 4, the price for the 4th person added to fare plus fees and taxes.

No double deposits for the 1 guest.

• 2 weeks later...
I've done this. The cruise rate won't change when you add someone. Like the others said when she books initially she will pay the cruise rate for 2 guests and then taxes/fees for one. Then to add someone she will only pay taxes/fees.

I had a cruise booked solo then my daughter decided to join me, I paid ($79) to add her. That was the cost of taxes/fees for her since I had already paid for the cabin.

Don't wail until the last minute to add that person though because once total ship capacity is reached they won't let you add someone to your cabin, even if that cabin can accomodate more.

However they work that out financially is between them, Carnival doesn't care who pays what.

A few other things to consider, if the person originally booking the cabin has OBC it will automatically be split down the middle between the 2 S&S accounts. Dumb, but that's how it works. Also any room charges (mine bar, missing beach towel, etc) will go on the account of the person who made the reservation.

Last year a co-worker had booked a cabin with her husband. He passed away in May, before the the September cruise. She asked her niece to cruise with her instead and didn't hear back from the niece. So she asked me. Then the niece said yes. All that being said ... we each had separate s&s accounts in our room. I had shareholder obc and obc from a fcc. My coworker had obc because she had booked as part of a larger group. We could each look at our separate accounts and see the appropriated obc on each of our accounts.

I'm not saying that there can't be screw ups in the accounts, but we had absolutely no problems with 3different adults with 3 different accounts in the same room.

I'd gladly share a room like this again since I can get away at times when my husband can't.

LOL...you're so wrong' date=' Bill. :p:D[/quote']

You are so right that I am so wrong. Almost every one of their sales the prices go up right before the sale starts so they are not really sales.

The Friends and Family sale they are having now is really a sale but only because of all the bad press they have gotten over the last month or so.

Bill

Carnival changed its policy in August/Sept 2012 - they now charge double deposit for a solo booking.

I can confirm this as we booked yesterday. The last time we booked one person (single deposit) and added another person later. Yesterday when we tried to do it we were told the policy changed 6 months ago and you now have to pay the double deposit.

Sent from my tablet using Tapatalk HD.

Archived