Anybody ever got some OBC or discount by asking Royal for it?

Hi,

Has anyone who booked a lot of cruises at once ever managed to get some OBC or a free speciality restaurant package etc thrown in by asking Royal directly?

We have booked 3 cruises, an Alaskan cruise/tour with 1 week on land then the Hawaii cruise & a repositioning to Sydney which are B2B's, a total of 39 days with Royal.

But we didn't book onboard because they well selling out fast so thought we would miss out if we waited a few months to our next cruise (which turned out to be the right move), plus T/A's in Australia don't give you any perks like I've read a lot of US T/A's do, zip, nada, zero.

We are C&A gold (4 days short of platinum) but will be Emerald by the time we finish the 3 cruises (only 15 days short of diamond).

Needless to say we are spending a lot of money in one hit with Royal & we feel a bit let down that there is no multi cruise discount or something to acknowledge the loyalty just because we didn't book onboard or in the USA.

We would have qualified for $500 OBC if we had been able to book onboard.

No C&A savings certificates in this first quarter for any of our cruises either, so maybe next quarter.

Considering someone can book a 7 day cruise onboard & get something I'm wondering if it's worth writing to Royal & asking for some OBC considering our rather large investment with them?

What do you think, worth a try or a waste of time?

Did you book it in the last couple of days? The wow sale had onboard credit, according to this link http://www.bestcruises.com.au/information/newsletter/newsletters/25-03-2012.html.

EDIT Sorry this is last years. Still worth seeing if there were any current offers when you booked

Do some googling to see if the Wow sale in Oz had these perks and then ring them.

Good luck

we started using a US based agent for these reasons. We get price drops and he also gives us OBC. You can google to find some cruise outlets, we communicate by email but could also by phone if needed :)

avalon007, good luck with that.

We are looking at doing something similar next year ('14) either Rhapsody or Radiance. I am interested in what sort of deal you may have got for flights & hotel in Seattle/Vancouver?

Cheers, Neil

we started using a US based agent for these reasons. We get price drops and he also gives us OBC. You can google to find some cruise outlets, we communicate by email but could also by phone if needed :)

Hi Bekka - very interesting. Have you had any problems with doing this and how many times have you tried it. (any recommendations for choosing a US based agent?)

Thanks for any info

Hi,

Has anyone who booked a lot of cruises at once ever managed to get some OBC or a free speciality restaurant package etc thrown in by asking Royal directly?

We have booked 3 cruises, an Alaskan cruise/tour with 1 week on land then the Hawaii cruise & a repositioning to Sydney which are B2B's, a total of 39 days with Royal.

But we didn't book onboard because they well selling out fast so thought we would miss out if we waited a few months to our next cruise (which turned out to be the right move), plus T/A's in Australia don't give you any perks like I've read a lot of US T/A's do, zip, nada, zero.

We are C&A gold (4 days short of platinum) but will be Emerald by the time we finish the 3 cruises (only 15 days short of diamond).

Needless to say we are spending a lot of money in one hit with Royal & we feel a bit let down that there is no multi cruise discount or something to acknowledge the loyalty just because we didn't book onboard or in the USA.

We would have qualified for $500 OBC if we had been able to book onboard.

No C&A savings certificates in this first quarter for any of our cruises either, so maybe next quarter.

Considering someone can book a 7 day cruise onboard & get something I'm wondering if it's worth writing to Royal & asking for some OBC considering our rather large investment with them?

What do you think, worth a try or a waste of time?

You can always give it a shot but I’ve never heard of RCCL throwing in some OBC or meal package just to be nice ( some have gotten some 0BC after complaining about some sort of issue) .

Keep in mind that many customers have hundreds of days on board a RCCL ship, with numerous future cruises book. Unfortunately you are likely not at a level to be awarded any extra freebies. At 700 points you will be given a free cruise.

Enjoy your cruises.

M

I reserved a 7 day cruise once, and received a call from RC trying to get me to book it. I told them I was going to wait and they offered $100 OBC and a bottle of wine so I took it and booked. But in my case, I had yet to book. Since you have booked already, I don't know if they would offer anything, but it doesn't hurt to ask. I would try.

Mark.

Thanks for all the replies.

I will give it a go.

I know we are not diamond C&A etc but quite often you can get discounts of some sort for multiple purchases at once on many products like cars, furniture, white goods etc which can all be as expensive or more expensive than cruises.

Plus we aren't talking about three 5 day cruises here booked throughout the year, or just a few thousand dollars either.

It's more disappointing to me that if we had waited & booked onboard Voyager in Jan we would have got $500 OBC, but because we couldn't do that we get nothing despite booking BEFORE we went on our next cruise.

But with a one off repositioning cruise & cruises needing to match up involved, we couldn't afford to have left it or we would have missed the boat - literally! :)

Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained. I'll post back if I have any success.

Archived