What Did You Never Take Out Of Your Suitcase??

kendy

We all overpack!! BUT.. What did you take that you never touched? We are 2 adults and 2 teenagers on the Radiance July 2. Then, we drive down to San Francisco the next week....so we are limited to 1 suitcase each and 1 carry-on total because we must all fit in the rental SUV for the week.

We have been on many Carribean cruises, but never had to pack for weather extremes. Thanks for your help.

Your cold weather gear will come in handy in San Francisco. The temperatures here in the summer tend to be on the cool side. In the 50's and 60's in the evenings and no humidity. You'll be glad you have those sweatshirts.

I was on the Radiance in mid-May. While out on deck it was very windy and chilly. And we all bundled up when we went on our excursions. But it might warm up by the time you go.

Have a great time.

Extra sweaters never came out. Did use a few light ones - again, layer, layer. Our waterproof jackets (i.e. Columbia or Lands End) kept us warm when needed; we had no rain, but we had that covered with the same jackets...

Oh - never used the bug spray but don't know if that was a fluke.

I actually wrote this list in my Journal on the Radiance last week:

DIDN'T USE:

3/4 of the clothes I packed!

bath pillow (we had a JS)

First Aid stuff (but that's a good thing!)

My own tea bags

Over the door shoerack (again, JS has plenty of drawers and cupboards)

Pop up hampers (no room in the walk-in closet...too many clothes/shoes!)

Bathing Suit!

Heavy Jacket

We had 3 of us in our JS, we jammed the closet with shoes, clothes, jackets, sweaters, etc., most of which we never used. I lived in 2 pairs of jeans (except for dinners!) We had beautiful weather, didn't need the heavy jackets or sweaters.

Amanda

rain gear-- but we lucked out last week with great weather

dress pants for dining room -- ended up wearing slacks from the days excursion or ate windjammer on port days

extra shoes -- lived in tennis shoes

swimsuit-- DS kept us too busy to enjoy the pool or hottub

Our flash light. I always have one packed "just in case". I've used it many times over the past 15 years -- those mid-West storms knock out power so often. Didn't need it on the Sun Princess -- never lost power like my land vacations :D

Hand and feet warmers, that you shake to release heat. Insect repellant, swimsuit and 1 pair of shorts.

More casual dressing, then on the Carribbean cruises. Also agree rainjacket used, instead of heavier coats or sweaters. We bought breathable rainjackets from Dick's Sporting goods.

Good luck we used 2 suitcases, 1 garment bag and 2 carry ons for 2 people.

I need to pack lighter. Good thing luggage has wheels.

Never used the shoe organizer, had a mini-suite on the Coral Princess last week with tons of storage space. Only used my turtleneck once, could have done without it. Brought too many dinner clothes, should have brought half and worn them twice. Never used bug spray, but didn't do hiking in the woods. Glad I had a fleece jacket, good windbreaker, gloves and earmuffs for College Fjord, very cold that day.

Guest enjoycruises

We did NOT use the mittens, ear muffs, fleece jackets or extra pair of gym shoes. The weather was just terrific last week!

We did NOT use the mittens, ear muffs, fleece jackets or extra pair of gym shoes. The weather was just terrific last week!

Really. That is encouraging. I am going on the Star next week and am just praaying for nice weather! (will bring my gloves just in case!)

Half of the shoes I packed and most of the "smart casual" wear. This cruise was more informal than any other I've taken, maybe because it was Alaska. We did use our bug spray and rain gear on the land protion of the cruise tour. Though we only had one rainy day. One thing I took off my original packing list and ended up buying was a pair of beach thongs.

With the exception of 1 formal night, I wore black pants every night for dinner and just took several 3/4 length shirts to wear with them and the same shoes each night too.(I don't think anyone noticed :-) The day at Hubbard was raining, windy and COLD on the heliopad, but that was the best place to see all and hear the calving. The hot tub thawed us out nicely afterward, so I did wear the bathing suit a couple of times. Juneau and Ketchikan were high 70's and beautiful, Skagway was windy and overcast. Out on deck was always cool and windy. I'm a cold natured person so I always wore a jacket. Didn't need the bug spray, but it was still June and the mosquitos come out in July and August, so I hear.

Archived