Prepaying Onboard Items

SusieV

It would be nice if Celebrity allowed paying for onboard items like alcohol packages, shore excursions, and spa treatments when the cruise opened. I would gladly pay for my items in advance for a small discount, say, 10% for cruises more than one year away and 5% for cruises more than six months away.

They'd have my money early and I'd have all my arrangements made and a little more money in my pocket. Feels like a win/win to me compared with the current schedule of not allowing early purchases.

The shore excursions are not available when the cruises are first announced -- they don't become available until about six months prior to the cruise, sometimes less. However, as soon as they are available to view, you can book them on line.

Spa treatments should be bookable when the cruise is opened for reservations.

The beverage packages' booking windows have varied.

You can't prior to six months out, I don't believe. I think less time for the drink packages.

I booked beverage packages 9 months in advance for my Summit cruise. They were offering a 10% discount as well.

For our upcoming Equinox cruise we also booked excursions 9 months in advance.

You can't prior to six months out, I don't believe. I think less time for the drink packages.

You can buy these items as early as they are released for your cruise and we have, on more than on ocassion, bought them more that a year in advance. [e.g. We bought beverage packages for our now cancelled April 2014 transpacific during the autumn of 2012.] You just have to keep watching for them in MyCelebrity. They sometimes disappear again but your purchase stands.

Sue

Archived