Norweigen cruise line- lawsuit filed

So glad you saw this thread and added your own personal experience from this particular cruise...

:rolleyes: Hello All...........Just wanted to put my 2 cents in on this subject. I am happy to be one of the "WAVE RIDERS". YES I was on that sailing when the ship was hit by a 72 ft. rouge wave at 6:30 in the morning. An NO I am not one that is part of this so called law suit. The storm that we were in was a storm of great magnitude. It was a storm that was headed west as we were sailing north towards home. There was no way that we were going to be able to out run or divert from this storm. It was a wide front. Yes it was frightening but I myself have to say that the Captain did a wonderful job. It was not his fault that this WAVE was there it just happened. For 30 hours we were in 24 - 42 ft seas.We did a lot of rocking and rolling. But in the end NCL did offer us a 50% refund and a 50% cruise credit off of our next cruise. Were we hurrying home to visit with Mr. Donald Trump as some think? Your guess is as good as mine. We will never know will we. All I can say is that I will be traveling on this same ship the Norwegian Dawn in March of 2006.Hopefully it will be a much quieter journey. As they say "LIGHTENING NEVER STRIKES TWICE IN THE SAME PLACE". Hope this is true. In the end NCL did not have to extend to us what they did, as weather is something that no one can predict. An we all know that the SEA can become your enemy in a matter of seconds, it really has no mercy. So this lawsuit really has no bases other then to put money into already wealthy pockets of the lawyers. The people who want something from NCL will in the end receive far less then they think.

I guess that this would put to rest the old saying: "A bad day on the water is better than a good day at work" Whoever came up with this saying obviously never weathered a storm! :eek:

Hey, even if we can't all agree on the merits of the lawsuit, I bet we can all agree that the last thing any cruise line would do is knowingly put one of its $500 million vessels in harms way and not only risk human lives and injury, but their ship as well!!!

I understand that there are some that sue frivolously. But the only way we will know if this is a frivolous law suit is if we get all the information. The only way we will get all the information is if there is a law suit. I will hold judgment until I see all of the evidence.

I understand that there are some that sue frivolously. But the only way we will know if this is a frivolous law suit is if we get all the information. The only way we will get all the information is if there is a law suit. I will hold judgment until I see all of the evidence.

Actually, in this brave new world of the internet, we pretty much have all of the evidence, including the views of quite a number of people who were on the ship, the finding of the Bahamian review board, etc.

Was the ship hurrying back for a media promo? Depends on your view, I suppose; if it had been a few hours later, it would not have been hit by the rogue wave, but that was just chance to begin with. In any event, the acceleration of the schedule was not the proximate cause of the event.

And the final answer is this : Unless the Master of the vessel has a a death wish - why would he put his career and the ship on the line. I am sure if he suddenly took leave of his senses - the Staff captain would be on the horn to HQ and relieve him of command. So maybe in the future NCL should sail with a Lawyer on board in addition to the rest of the crew. Can you imagine the old love boat crew - Doc, Isaac, Capt. Steubing. Hi I am Julie your Cruise Director and I am Snidley Whiplash your cruise Lawyer - I will be soliciting any lawsuits you may happen to want to file.

Guest OBAYbee
"LIGHTENING NEVER STRIKES TWICE IN THE SAME PLACE".[/color] Hope this is true.

I was with you until the lightning post. Prepare to be disappointed! LOL

My home has been struck by lightning THREE times!..ok.. now, I have heard all the "my gosh what did you do that made God so angry that many times?" jokes etc.

We were hit over a span of 10 years. It blew off doorbells, fried our phone lines, our hot tub, some TV's and our Linksys wireless router.Even some surge protectors!

Actually, in this brave new world of the internet, we pretty much have all of the evidence, including the views of quite a number of people who were on the ship, the finding of the Bahamian review board, etc.

Was the ship hurrying back for a media promo? Depends on your view, I suppose; if it had been a few hours later, it would not have been hit by the rogue wave, but that was just chance to begin with. In any event, the acceleration of the schedule was not the proximate cause of the event.

The Internet does not get into NCL's private files that might prove that they asked the captain to hurry home to get the ship on TV.

No, I don't think there was any expectation of a huge wave. I don't think the captain is responsible. I think if there is a fault (once again I am still undecided) it lies at the corporate level. Are you telling me that a corporation won't put passengers through some discomfort (that's probably what they were expecting) to get a free advertisement? you bet your sweet ___ they would.

That is why I think this law suit might be valid, but then again it might not. We will see.

:eek: OBAYbee....So sorry for your misfortune...I hope the saying rings true, but you never know. Really don't want to be in that position again.

:) hermang....(Can you imagine the old love boat crew - Doc, Isaac, Capt. Steubing. Hi I am Julie your Cruise Director and I am Snidley Whiplash your cruise Lawyer - I will be soliciting any lawsuits you may happen to want to file)...Love this idea.. What a hoot that would be.

:confused: Ericknow 32.....I really don't want to think that a major corporation would do anything like putting a mega million dollar ship and her crew and passangers at such a risk. your post makes one wonder if you would of been one of those people that would want this lawsuit filed even though you say you will withhold judgement until all the facts are out. It sounds like you would of been one of the first to talk to Mr. Snidley Whiplash the onboard cruise lawyer. (LOL)

In The navy I experinced storms far worse than the Dawn saw. So, I know where there coming from. But I didnt Bitch about endlessly ( Not like I could :) )

But i believe the Captain was in the right and believe me when I say that most of the cruise ships can take a beaten and still kick on moving. There Hull is very thick and the Safety Screenings are insane and the Fines arent something to mess around with. From my experience If I had a Choice I would prefer to onboard a Liner than a Naval ship.

1) Naval ship sit low on the Horizons. so they dont have huge super structures like Cruise ships do.

2) yes they can take the Beaten but the crew is tossed about like eggs

:confused: Ericknow 32.....I really don't want to think that a major corporation would do anything like putting a mega million dollar ship and her crew and passangers at such a risk. your post makes one wonder if you would of been one of those people that would want this lawsuit filed even though you say you will withhold judgement until all the facts are out. It sounds like you would of been one of the first to talk to Mr. Snidley Whiplash the onboard cruise lawyer. (LOL)

Come on!!! You must be kidding!!! Your belittling me for being reasonable!!! YOUR POST WAS KINDA SLANDEROUSE, MAYBE I CAN GET MY LAWSUIT AFTER ALL. (LOL)

I read a posting by one of the people in the front of the ship who had their window broken on the NCL boards right after the wave. She said there was just a couple inches of water in her cabin and that she was assigned a new cabin after the wave. She didn't seem upset and was happy with the refunds.

I enjoyed your posting. I remember when the weather channel was talking about a horrific storm off the Carolinas that weekend. I never thought about any ships though. Glad to hear the Dawn did so well in those seas. I would have enjoyed a stop in Charleston on my Dawn cruise last December--without a wave. I love that ship and look forward to freestyle dining again in the Fall 2006. First we have to pay off our RCL Jewel of the Seas cruise in October and the Carnival Triumph in February. It's not easy budgeting for more than one cruise in a year. Today I have to go take money from one bank and put it into another to payoff the Jewel. Wonder if hubby will notice the drop in his savings account today. I'm sure he will, but he will be happy come October. Now I am just hoping there are no leftover hurricanes the last week in October.[quote name='CruiseDiva1'][b]:eek: OBAYbee....[/b]So sorry for your misfortune...I hope the saying rings true, but you never know. Really don't want to be in that position again.
[b]:) hermang....(Can you imagine the old love boat crew - Doc, Isaac, Capt. Steubing. Hi I am Julie your Cruise Director and I am Snidley Whiplash your cruise Lawyer - I will be soliciting any lawsuits you may happen to want to file)...[/b]Love this idea.. What a hoot that would be.
[b]:confused: Ericknow 32.....[/b]I really don't want to think that a major corporation would do anything like putting a mega million dollar ship and her crew and passangers at such a risk. your post makes one wonder if you would of been one of those people that would want this lawsuit filed even though you say you will withhold judgement until all the facts are out. It sounds like you would of been one of the first to talk to [b]Mr.[/b] [b]Snidley Whiplash[/b] the onboard cruise lawyer. [b](LOL)[/b][/QUOTE]

Archived