Cruise ship transfers vs taking cab in Venice

Ajsis

We discuss this a lot on Cruise Critic. Cruise line transfers and hotels almost always charge per person what you can usally get for two people. Or more. You can almost always do better on your own.

Why do they charge more? Because they are getting the same service you are, but need to make some money on the deal. It is called capitalism.

Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything given the significant difference in price - I thought I read taxi would be about 60 euros. Are there taxis readily available or should I reserve one? We need to be at airport around 10:30 am.

Taxi's vary in price depending on what they want to charge. The cruise terminal (people mover) is not far from buses. If you get on the people mover and get off into venice, not tronchetto parking garage. You could take a bus for 2Euro to the airport. Buses become limited later on at night (after 10pm). I've lived here for two years (vicenza/venice) and taxi's can be very shady, so be careful with that. I'd personally go with a bus or bite the bullet and go through the cruise line.

5.5 euros each about 7$, to Piazelle Roma, once there you walk over to People Mover..I believe the signs say simply PM

.forgot if it was one or two euros each....get off at the stop for the port and walk the rest of the way...a longer walk than I would have liked....but we did it last year and plan to do it again...

http://www.atvo.it/index.php?lang=en&area=ticketonline&filtro=1

If you buy the tix online, ou will get a redemption code. We THOUGHT the macnines were supposed to be in the airport building,,,but you walk out and there was the kiosk to enter your booking code and turn your advance pay into tickets. Luggage under the bus...and easy ride to Venice.

Bernadette

Princess wants $54/pp to transfer from ship to airport. There are four of us. Any idea why it is so expensive. I am thinking taxi would be cheaper. Advice? Thanks!

Take the taxi, much cheaper and it will leave when you are ready to go.

Archived