Just back from Ocean Princess in Tahiti. WOW!

ottawapuppy

Ottawapuppy

Regarding formal nights on the Ocean Princess. Would you say more men wore suits vs. tuxs?

It was mostly an elegant crowd, there were a lot tuxes. I think the limitation that Air Tahiti has on luggage weight affected how well people dressed, we chose to not bring suits becuase of the weight of our bags.

I'd say 1/3 were in real formal wear, 1/3 were in suits, and 1/3 dressed the same as every other night.

It was mostly an elegant crowd, there were a lot tuxes. I think the limitation that Air Tahiti has on luggage weight affected how well people dressed, we chose to not bring suits becuase of the weight of our bags.

I'd say 1/3 were in real formal wear, 1/3 were in suits, and 1/3 dressed the same as every other night.

Were those in smart casual allowed into the main dining room? How about with nice pants, shirt and tie?

Thanks,

Reading this thread has me dreaming of a trip to the south pacific. I don't do well with very long flights due to health reasons, so I like the idea of sailing from LA on the 28 day itinerary, but you don't get much time in Tahiti.

Ottawa Pup: Want to thank you so much for your photos (unbeknownst to you, you did us a huge favor)!. My DD and I are booked on a 14day cruise, Summer 2014, on the Ocean Princess. We did the Tahiti itinerary on the old Royal and fell in love with the small ships. We really wanted a suite for the OP's cruise; however, have been told, repeatedly, that the beds in the aft suites cannot be re-configured into twin beds (neither of us are willing to tolerate a sofa bed for even 2 days, much less 14!). After viewing your pictures, I asked my TA to book the suite and request the twin bed configuration. Apparently, her contact w/Princess "researched" the request and again stated..."can't be done". I then referred my TA to your notebook photos and, voila, success!! Again, THANK YOU a jillion times for your wonderful review and photos. A picture really is worth a thousand words (on deaf ears!)! Made us "homesick" for the So.Pacific, so are now thinking of also booking a return trip to Tahiti. :rolleyes:

Thanks for sharing! Great pics, would have bought you guys drinks in Palm Springs when you were here! Leaving on the Coral in 11 days thru the Canal.....Tahiti now on the list!! Thanks, Jim and Greg

Apparently, her contact w/Princess "researched" the request and again stated..."can't be done".

We were told the same thing and we were ecstatic when we walked in the room and saw twin beds. With my sleep kicking, I would have probably ended up on the sofa bed!

Mike

Archived