Sorry I strayed RCCL! Take me back!

sr5242

I found a great rate on HAL for this week and decided to try something new, as the food on RCCL has been so bad lately in October on the serenade I chose to skip meals rather than eat the food. But other than the bad food, I miss everything else on RCCL!

I miss dinner service that doesn't take 2 hours! I miss getting refills on ice tea, I miss being offerred condiments such as sour cream and steak sauce without having to beg multiple times. I miss servers who greet you by name! I miss the friendly and fast service in the buffet. I miss clean linens! They didn't change our sheets all week! They put dirty and stained chair covers out for formal night.

I miss servers by the pool. I miss customer service! At the costa maya port shops, I became separated from my son. I went on board and told the man at the gangway I had lost my son and needed to know if he had returned on board. They told me to step aside and had me wait almost 5 minutes while they checked in returning guests. I finally demanded they stop and check, as I was getting panicked! When I complained at the front desk, enrico told me, what was my problem? They had assisted me! I said they only assisted me after I demanded!

I miss Anthony Fernandes from the serenade! He was awesome! He was the head waiter, and any time we had a problem he jumped on it. The head waiter on HAL has never looked our way!

RCCL, I'll be back april 2014 on the independence!

you will love the independence (just off of her).

We did HAL last summer to Alaska. I felt that it was a fine ship to do Alaska on. (teak and brass, traditional ship). I am glad we went with RCCL for the Caribbean.

Next month the Independence is going in to Drydock for some updating. Can't imagine what needs to be updated! (whipdeedoo, an outdoor big screen tv).

When we were on HAL, the ship was definitely looking weary. (noticeably so from the moment we walked on).

While we were in Port, we noticed the anchors on the Independence were being repainted (primer one day, black paint the next).

We'll do RCCL again any day!

you will love the independence (just off of her).

We did HAL last summer to Alaska. I felt that it was a fine ship to do Alaska on. (teak and brass, traditional ship). I am glad we went with RCCL for the Caribbean.

The ship is fine- it's the service

We did NCL & Princess recently and I am glad I did.

We like them both very much.

Who wants to do the same thing or have the same menus every time?

I am actually looking more forward to those than the next RC trip...

Archived