Ryndam - where could a small group meet?

kiwicruiser55

Hi there, as there are only a few of us on our July 13th sailing roll call, I wondered whether to just all meet up on our first sea day.

Anyone know a good place for a dozen or so folk to meet.

I know we could organise a Meet and Greet but is seems hardly worth it for so few.

Any advice welcome.

Hi there, as there are only a few of us on our July 13th sailing roll call, I wondered whether to just all meet up on our first sea day.

I know we could organise a Meet and Greet but is seems hardly worth it for so few.

Any advice welcome.

In the Crow's Nest, on the Port side, which is referred to as the Captain's Corner.

There's a few places that would work, if there are no activities going on in there.

Explorers Lounge has the right amount of space and atmosphere, but there will probably be readers spread out in there. There are some couches and chairs closer to the passageway that might work.

If there's nothing going on in The Mix, that's a possibility. But sometimes it's used for "seminars" by the shop people.

A corner of the Crow's Nest would work---if there's no activity using the space. It's a popular place for Trivia, which fills it.

There's a nice area of the Ocean bar, away from the bar area, which would hold a dozen people nicely.

There are two meeting rooms past the Wajang Theatre which would not likely be used by anyone else. They are well out of the way. They are totally inside, so there are no views. But there would be little competition for space, either.

I do think whatever place you want, you should run it by the Party Planner, to be sure it isn't booked by some other private group.

Elaborate plans don't need to me made, but really, you should stake a claim for whatever spot you want.

July 13 is 3 1/2 months away. Quite a few people might join your roll call before then. Some current people may cancel since you are not yet to final payment. Wait a while before deciding on a official Meet and Greet or on just an informal time and place.

I would do an official Meet and Greet arranged through HAL. That way you will get coffee, tea and cookies. You could meet in the Canaletto area of the Lido and get your own snacks.

If you do an official meet and greet with HAL they basically decide the place. It's usually the Crow's Nest. They normally require a minimum of 25 people.

I've booked them well in advance for 25 - roll calls grow quite often. I started with 25 and we are now over 70 for one segment of our cruise.

A lot of things can happen with time.:D

I would do an official Meet and Greet arranged through HAL. That way you will get coffee, tea and cookies. You could meet in the Canaletto area of the Lido and get your own snacks.

Does there need to be a minimum number of guests expected in order for HAL to prepare the coffee/tea/cookies service? I think if the group is really too small they may not do it.

Any advice welcome.

I would still set it up with the person in Seattle who does onboard events. For the Ryndam, I went through Karla Camp (KCamp@HollandAmerica.com ). Between now and your cruise, you may well have more folks sign up...and it's better that you secure a location in advance.

Archived