Disturbing review on the Breeze

MsMot

Is that your dog or just a pic that you liked? Every time I see it, it makes me laugh.

Thanks. That is truly my dog (and Tapi is her name) :D

My thoughts,

We all differ in likes, dislikes, time management, and everything else in the world. This review was hers, that it. No more no less.

On my last PC cruise last fall, DH and i ate ONCE in the main dining room. This was on HAL. The night we ate there the dinner took about 3 hours. WE decided that it was not worth the wait. Our cruise was great, staff was great, ship was great, we just did not wish to wait for the dinners.

We are all different! I do not see why a 'bad' review is posted extra.

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE.

I always look at it this way....for every negative I try to find 5 positives. It's a vacation, would they be complaining if they were home and working.

Great advice! Wherever you are and whatever you're doing ... there will always be negatives ... such is life. So why not focus on and relish in the positives?? (and in my experience -- I find I'm virtually surrounded by positives while on a cruise ship!)

Give it a rest lady. Carnival is like Southwest Airlines without the safety record.

They enable you to get from here there at a price that enables you to go from

here to there. I like Carnival, and all I ask is halfway decent food and to get me

there and back safely. Every cruise I go on I hear this constant litany of complaining

about this are that. Someone is taking you around, making your bed, cleaning

your bathrooms,feeding you and keeping you safe for probably less per hour than

you spend on your laitees and still you got to do the boo-hoo boogy. Cruise Ships are

studies in the efficient use of space. How else do they get a small city on a confined

floating surface. I personally thank heaven when the elevators don't work cause then

I will have an opportunity to walk off some of that excess food I've been eating.

Really life is too short to be complaining that the sun's too bright. As my mother use

to say .. if that person had been at the last supper they would have been asking of

ham and eggs. With a little luck there will be one less b*%#@tcher on the boat.

Thank you Carnival for bringing the cost of cruising down to the level that I can afford

to enjoy it.

JT

Edited by jtwanabe

Hi!

One of the shows was a hypothesis. Wow. That is a very new and different idea for a show. Did the CD just go up and write the hypothesis out on a whiteboard and then let the audience peruse it and come to conclusions or was there a game where everyone got to participate in proving or disproving the hypothesis? :rolleyes:

Can't quit laughing - love it!

I've read some Dream reviews that might worry me, but that isn't one of them.

The beds are rock hard - that would be better for me because my back does better with as firm a mattress as possible.

Complaining that there are more production shows now than before? I would much rather see singers & dancers than a magician or one of the dreadful audience participation shows.

If you have a port day that goes late, and early seating - you will need to use one of the dining venues other than the MDR. But the times they are open are set - they don't close early to attempt to keep people from eating. Besides, if you are in port for an extended time why not try a local dining place. At least for a bite to eat. That's one of the highlights of traveling to a new place. In ensenada I got a delicious tostada with fresh black clams for $1.25 at La Geurrerense. The cruise ship is going to have frozen seafood, you can't get food like that on the ship.

Edited by CanWeGoYet?

We have cruised about 24 times on all different lines. We've only done Carnival a handful of times and are going again this summer on the Magic. There are differences in all of the cruises and we have always felt Carnival was geared towards a younger crowd. But remember, you get what you pay for here. The new huge ships RCCL has look amazing, but they also charge more for those cruises. If your looking for a nice balance between price and cruise ship, then I think you are good with the Breeze.

Also remember... Every cruise ship out there has good and bad reviews. Everyone has different expectations. I always laugh when someone pays $350 per person for a 7 day cruise and then complains when the cruise wasn't a Four Seasons experience. Really?? If price isn't an issue then you can certainly find some wonderful cruises in some very exotic places. Some of the high dollar cruises have far fewer passengers and the food is like a 5 star restaurant.

Edited by whciv

• 7 months later...
...can this person be making a mountain out of a mole hill? Our travel group of friends and family area anxiously awaiting September 2014 itineraries. We range between 30 and 72 years of age. With all of the recent turn of events lately, there is a good percentage of our group who don't want to cruise on Carnival again. It is going to be a sell when the time comes to say yay or nay and the bad reviews are making me nervous. . They want to sail the Oasis or the Allure, but I am confident (I think :confused:) that we'd all enjoy the Breeze.

My concern is reviews like the link attached. DH and I are easy going people. Give us good food, decent service and the serenity deck, and we are on our kind of cruise. We take mishaps with a grain of salt with the understanding that ship happens and the crew are humans who can have an off day. I noticed the cutbacks on my Freedom cruise, but has it really gotten worst?

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=217555

Our cruise on the Carnival Breeze was in late February, 2013. The entertainment is limited, the comedians (4 overall) were very entertaining. We are foodies, and find that our opinion seems to match up the vast majority of the time with chef's and other foodies. We felt that the Carnival Breeze had the best food overall of any of the 30+ cruise ships we have cruised. The MDR was good and we enjoyed the food. The daytime food was the most extensive with remarkable freshness and taste. The service was outstanding. :):):):)

IMO I don't think you should just go by just one review. There are a lot of good reviews out there. I'm planning another cruise and I was reading reviews on it and a few on the same cruise date were saying the complete opposite to one another. Its kind of funny. If you go with an open mind and go just to have fun you should be fine. I do have to say I am a Carnival fan but I do intend to sail on Allure. Its just so massive.

...can this person be making a mountain out of a mole hill? ===> Ya THINK?!

My concern is reviews like the link attached.

This is one of the best/worst? most "affected" Fake Reviews I've ever read. :D

This fussy, high-quality person should be cruising Cunard

to get the sort of quality levels they expected of mere Carnival.

Why were they slumming it on Carnival? :cool:

P.S. Don't know why you bother reading reviews:

they're never accurate, whether good or bad.

I've always found them to be badly mis-leading!

Edited by Aplmac

What I love is that her title is about Carnival cutting corners "to save a buck".

Yet, she is sailing on Carnival "to save a buck".

Whenever people complain about Carnival cutting corners....they really should remember why they chose Carnival over any other cruise line.

What I love is that her title is about Carnival cutting corners "to save a buck".

Yet, she is sailing on Carnival "to save a buck".

Whenever people complain about Carnival cutting corners..

..they really should remember why they chose Carnival over any other cruise line.

Ah yes.. but you don't understand how this is supposed to work, see?

Carnival is who is gonna cut back, but I must see no difference in product offered and consumed!

Not sure how that's supposed to work..

where customer pays for cut-rate cruise

but customer expects Crystal or Regency Seven Seas quality and frills. :)

You get what you pay for?

Naaaaah. You get what you grumble about

Just remember that the biggest single cause of "ruined" cruises

is unrealistic expectations.

Edited by Aplmac

Just off "Breeze", and I too had a fantastic time aboard. Could I figure out how to walk through the photo gallery? Yep, as long as you're not trying to rip off any photos, you can walk right through with no problem at all. (HMMMM,,,I wonder?) Anyway, I don't hesitate to recommend "Breeze" to anyone, any age, and from any place. GREAT Ship, and wonderful cruise. ;)

"SKY"

...can this person be making a mountain out of a mole hill? Our travel group of friends and family area anxiously awaiting September 2014 itineraries. We range between 30 and 72 years of age. With all of the recent turn of events lately, there is a good percentage of our group who don't want to cruise on Carnival again. It is going to be a sell when the time comes to say yay or nay and the bad reviews are making me nervous. . They want to sail the Oasis or the Allure, but I am confident (I think :confused:) that we'd all enjoy the Breeze.

My concern is reviews like the link attached. DH and I are easy going people. Give us good food, decent service and the serenity deck, and we are on our kind of cruise. We take mishaps with a grain of salt with the understanding that ship happens and the crew are humans who can have an off day. I noticed the cutbacks on my Freedom cruise, but has it really gotten worst?

I don't read the reviews on here. I read SO many bad things about the fascination....but it was opposite when I sailed her. I read SOOOOOOO many great things about RCL's freedom of the seas and brilliance of the seas...can't say I cared for either one...I thought the food, service and entertainment on carnival was better. I haven't really noticed any of the cutbacks, but then, I don't look for them. look at cost between the ships, ports etc. base your decision off that. some people complain about extremely minor things. people have no problem writing bad reviews, but nobody hardly writes about the good. read some of the good reviews too. I haven't sailed on the breeze yet....but it is at the top of our cruises for next year list

It's not fair to compare the Dream to the Breeze they are really like night and day. The Dream doesn't have all of the upgrades that were added to the Magic and then further expanded on the Breeze.

As for the beds, I don't find them any different.

The food always good IMO. After 31 cruises I can still say that I've only ever had one dish that I didn't like, and one steak that I thought was underseasoned and tough.

The Marketplace Buffet is open every evening from 6 - 9:30pm, and Late Night Snacks there from 11pm to 1am, the Plaza Cafe is open until 12:30am, Bonsai Sushi is open until 8:30pm, Pub Grub is available in the Red Frog until 1:00am. The deli is open until 11pm. And then there is Ice Cream, Pizza and Room Service open 24 hours.

With or without that review, if your family wants to sail on Oasis or Allure, go for it! The difference between a cruise on the Breeze and one of the Oasis twins will be like night and day. It's absolutely amazing. We sailed on the Dream (Breeze's sister) and the Allure the same year, and the Dream was a nice cruise, while the Allure was a "Wow! This is amazing! Once in a lifetime" kind of cruise.

About the link to the review you mentioned, the poster does have some valid points but in my opinion, they are a bit exaggerated. Entertainment is definitely not as good (with more passenger participation activities and less professional entertainment) but you can still be entertained. Food selection is there (and there are still some excellent dishes) but they have cheapened out on others, so it is hit or miss. And the beds, while not as heavenly as they once were when the Comfort Bed System was introduced, are far from being rock hard.

Feel free to read and compare my two reviews below. Hope they help you decide.

While I love RCL cruising experience I thought going to Carnival was a very good change. The first 3 times I loved the food, beds, and disco. This past cruise, the food ranged from great to uneatable. I thought I was getting old but the bed was not as heavenly as I remembered it to be. The disco was rocking and I didn't mind the Hip Hop music since I listen to it everyday in the car with my teen daughter. My last cruise was a huge drop in experience from just 6 years, maybe even 3 years ago. No, I was not expecting the cruising experience from the good ole days, but give me 2007, even 2010. I am sure that I paid less in 2010 than I did 2013 but around the same in 2007. The change might be more noticeable to me because I don't cruise several times per year or even yearly. I also enjoy switching between lines so next back to Princess. It was Carnival Magic over RCL because it was a new ship. The price difference was within the range where it would have still worth it to pay for RCL, if not for needing a change.

Edited by Blk_Amish

We were on the Breeze ( actually the Inaugural) and B2B with a 2 day.. with several members of the BreeZer's Beez..

This was by far the best cruise we have ever had.. excellent food, service and lots of fun..

The ship is huge , well lit and well spaced.. You can not tell you are sailing with 3999 other people. Never felt crowded in at all, no kids issues.. and the CD Butch was incredible.

The way I look at cruises is simple.. a Cruise is what you make it not what someone makes it for you.. If we listened to all the reviews many would not want to cruise.. Opinions are like finger prints( not what I was going to put) everyone has them but they are all different.

The Breeze has set the cruise level high for us.. it will be hard to find something close to it..

GO Cruise.. have a great time and don't take the reviews to heart..

We sailed on the Breeze in September and we loved it! We booked her again for next September!

It's true that not everything is always perfect...you just make the best of it. After all, your on vacation!

Barb

Not long ago (2007, and 2010) it used to be such a better vacation and not so much need to make the best of. I loved cruising Carnival, it delivered and no need to feel I had to make the best or most of it. When a teenager is vowing not to eat out again because of too many bad dining experiences you know things are iffy. Ok, that was short lived and he is the said kid that said a month on Europe was the worse month of his life.

Edited by Blk_Amish

We have cruised about 24 times on all different lines. We've only done Carnival a handful of times and are going again this summer on the Magic. There are differences in all of the cruises and we have always felt Carnival was geared towards a younger crowd. But remember, you get what you pay for here. The new huge ships RCCL has look amazing, but they also charge more for those cruises. If your looking for a nice balance between price and cruise ship, then I think you are good with the Breeze.

Also remember... Every cruise ship out there has good and bad reviews. Everyone has different expectations. I always laugh when someone pays $350 per person for a 7 day cruise and then complains when the cruise wasn't a Four Seasons experience. Really?? If price isn't an issue then you can certainly find some wonderful cruises in some very exotic places. Some of the high dollar cruises have far fewer passengers and the food is like a 5 star restaurant.

I disagree with your premise that Carnival is less expensive. I just got back from an 11 day Southern - Eastern Caribbean cruise with NCL for less than Carnival is charging for a 8 day cruise. I also booked a cruise with RCCL on the Allure on a balcony for next year for half of what Carnival wants for a 8 day. I'll continue to shop. I like paying $600+ for a Ocean View balcony on the Alllure. I used to like Carnival's pricing but now they seem to be trying to make up for their incidents and all those renovations they've embarked on. No more Carnival for me until their prices are back in line with other lines.

If you read reviews on all the cruise lines you will find more than 1 review that was horrible and excellent. One sailing wife and I took we missed 2 ports, had r ude servers, rude tabke guests and that cruise was our best cruise yet. Don't remember going to any shows..lol

Take a vote and let the majority rule.