I'm really missing HAL!

penguinscott

I'm about to sail on another cruise line. The only reason I'm doing it is because I'm sailing with a group of friends. But as I make my plans, I keep regretting that I'm not sailing on another HAL ship.

For one, this is a transatlantic sailing. HAL offers laundry rooms. This ship offers a mid cruise special of filling a bag (what they call a large one, but I dissagree) with laundry and they will charge me $25!

I will also miss being able to grab a slice of good pizza any time of the day.

I'll miss the little touches, like fresh flowers in the public rest rooms and the free tour of the galley and the wonderful tea service.

But most of all, I think I'll miss all the little music venues in lounges. Last year when I did this TA on the same line I'm about to cruise on, I just couldn't find a good location for happy hour meetings with friends or find a good variety of music to enjoy.

I miss you HAL. I hope to do a TA on one of your ships one day soon!

Why are you not looking forward to something different? HAL is good but so area my other lines. We have been on 11 lines so far. Each on has an element we consider to be the best In the industry. Go explore. You may be surprised.

Enjoy your cruise. Go with an open mind and have a great time.:)

All the cruise lines have some differences - you might find some things on this one that are better than HAL. who knows? You'll be with friends - you'll have a great time - do come back and give us a report though. It's always interesting to hear comparisons

We spent 2 weeks on O'dam and that ship has no laundry. We also had to send them a bag and pay for it. We bought the two-week unlimited plan. Everything, even underwear, came back neatly folded and fresh and we didn't have to stand in line and kill time using machines. It turned out to be a nice luxury for not much money.

Why am I not looking forward to something different??? Um, that's not it at all. The point of my post is just to say that I miss HAL and wish I were on a TA on HAL instead. I still have more cruise lines to try out, and I WILL! But so far, HAL is my favorite and while I'm looking forward to my cruise and expect to have a great time, just like the last time I was on the other line, I simply wish it were on a HAL instead.

Lighten up, folks. There's no doubt in my mind that I won't be having tons of fun. The other line just doesn't meet as many of my needs as HAL does. There's a ship and a line for all of us. I'm just not currently booked on the one that does it for me.

Some of you get it...thank you. I can't wait for my cruise and I can't wait to be on another HAL cruise!

It will be great to get your perspectives on things once you get back. Hope you plan on a follow-up report. Even us tried and true HAL fans do use other ships when the time and circumstances are right. I know we come back appreciating the HAL differences even more and in a different light after those experiences, but each has been a stand along great journey.

Archived