Was it something I said?

rp1973

Hi.

Last week, I posted a message seeking information about the company "Cruising For Love." This is an agency that apparently coordinates and sells cruise packages for single travelers.

Today, the entire post has been removed. Was there something inappropriate about this post?

Sorry if I offended anyone. That was surely not my intent.

Ryan

Clearwater, FL

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rp1973:

Hi.

Last week, I posted a message seeking information about the company "Cruising For Love." This is an agency that apparently coordinates and sells cruise packages for single travelers.

Today, the entire post has been removed. Was there something inappropriate about this post?

Sorry if I offended anyone. That was surely not my intent.

Ryan

Clearwater, FL<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There was a link to that agency which is not allowed under our community guidelines-- check out Cruise Critic's Community Guidelines at the top of the message boards. You can't post a link to a travel agency, contact information (phone number etc.) here on the boards but people can certainly answer with the name of the agency, what town it's in etc.

Host Caroline

<font SIZE="1">One can never have too many days at sea...</font> icon_smile.gif

Sept 04-Royal Hounds Mariner of the Seas

Feb 05-Partae Pirates Carnival Miracle

Gotcha. Thanks.

Since that "Community Guidelines" link is so well hidden, maybe the powers that be could make it a little more obvious.

I understand you have a tough job as moderator of this busy board, but perhaps instead of wiping away a post, you could just remove the "offending" hyperlink.

That said, the "no links" rule appears to apply only to those trying to get free advertising. I was not seeking to advertise a company through the link, but use it as a frame of reference. Since I have never purchased a cruise before, perhaps having that reference could have assisted others on the board whether or not I would be making a mistake.

Thanks anyway.

I'd like to clarify a little bit. Links to agencies are not allowed and will be removed. Contact information, including city or town the agency is in, also is not allowed. If a question is asked about a particular agency, all answers must be about that one agency.

If you have any other questions, feel free to email me directly.

Host Miriam

Community Supervisor

ldrscruisemir7@aol.com

<font face='Comic Sans MS' color=6B8E23><font size="2">

<marquee width=40%>Until Mariner Reali-tini Cruise</marquee>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=6B8E23&cdt=2005;10;16;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

<center>realltblue.JPG

smbanreali.gif

bb1.gif

</center>

Archived