8 Ships in St. Maarten

I just checked out the port calendar for a cruise I would like to take.

Fort Lauderdale- 7 Ships

Nassau- 6 ships

St. Thomas- 7 ships

St. Maarten- 8 ships

Fort Lauderdale- 8 ships

Oh my gosh! Do these little islands just gridlock with this many passengers? The most we have had is 4 in the Saints.

I may book an adventurous excursion in St. Maarten and stay onboard the rest of the cruise! Traffic is not vacation!!!

I've been in Nassau with 6 ships, it's managable. St Maarten would be tough. When are you going, The end of April is the end of the busy season. We are the only ship in St Maartin on May 2nd.

Fort Lauderdale- 7 Ships

Nassau- 6 ships

St. Thomas- 7 ships

St. Maarten- 8 ships

Fort Lauderdale- 8 ships

Oh my gosh! Do these little islands just gridlock with this many passengers? The most we have had is 4 in the Saints.

We have been in port with 7 ships before and it wasn't bad at all. It really depends on which ships you are talking about. Some have 2,000 and others have over 6,000. Just book your excursions early and give yourself plenty of time getting back to the ship so you don't miss it because of traffic.

Fort Lauderdale- 7 Ships

Nassau- 6 ships

St. Thomas- 7 ships

St. Maarten- 8 ships

Fort Lauderdale- 8 ships

When are you sailing?

We have been in port with 7 ships before and it wasn't bad at all. It really depends on which ships you are talking about. Some have 2,000 and others have over 6,000. Just book your excursions early and give yourself plenty of time getting back to the ship so you don't miss it because of traffic.

Totally agree with this poster. You need to look at WHAT ships are in port, not necessarily how many. We were in St. Maarten on Explorer with 6 other ships in port, one of which was Oasis. To be honest, I expected it to be crazy busy, but it wasn't at all.

Looked at the 4/5th for FLL and Nassau. Still 6 in St Thomas 8 in St Maarten and FLL

FLL won't be an issue, except maybe a delayed boarding if they are having delays with prior passengers clearing Customs with decreased agents.

Your biggest problems with St. Maarten and St. Thomas will be lines at the popular attractions, such as the water taxi in St. Maarten or the Paradise Point skyride in St. Thomas.

I was in Nassau with 6 ships in port and you didn't really notice it other than seeing all the ships which I was able to get a good picture of them all from Fort Charlotte!!

A little off topic but I love seeing people's pictures of multiple ships in a port.

In my defense the thread title made me think I would see that here....

:p

A little off topic but I love seeing people's pictures of multiple ships in a port.

In my defense the thread title made me think I would see that here....

:p

I will post my picture shortly! :cool:

St Maarten has crazy traffic each time we have been there. It is one island on which I only take excursions thru the cruise line..which paid off in September when we were 15 minutes late getting back to the ship. There were 30 of us on an awesome tour and the driver was able to communicate our late arrival to the proper folks. One little fender -bender on those winding roads ( we were heading back from the Westin) and it can totally screw up your day. We were the only ship in port.

Yeah, according to this site, these ships will be in port that day for a total port load of 23,102 cruisers! :eek:

Norwegian Gem

Carnival Dream

Westerdam

Ventura

Oasis Of The Seas

Freedom Of The Seas

Celebrity Reflection

The whole Island only has 77,000 people. That is an increase of a third. wow.

Archived