FCC's Onboard

Haven't cruised Carnival in a while but cruising on Legend in May.

Do Carnival let you purchase FCC onboard like Princess do?

We normally don't book a specific cruise until we get home or decide but it's always great to have a couple of FCC for planning ahead.

You can no longer purchase FCC's on board! If you would like to book a future cruise while on board, you will get $100 OBC (that is for a7-day, it is less for a shorter cruise or more for a longer cruise) towards that cruise.

ETA: don't know why the "thumbs up" is there. error.

You can no longer purchase FCC's on board! If you would like to book a future cruise while on board, you will get $100 OBC (that is for a7-day, it is less for a shorter cruise or more for a longer cruise) towards that cruise.

ETA: don't know why the "thumbs up" is there. error.

So do you have to book a specific cruise or can you do an open booking?

Unfortunately the fcc has been discontinued. Dont like to book on board so effectively our cost of cruising is up 100icon13.gif

guess I will be sticking to princess then and will have to purchase more FCC on our Royal TA in the fall. Love the FCC's and more likely to book with a line I have those for than not.

I booked a specific cruise. I'm fairly certain this is the way you have to do it, in order to get the OBC for the next cruise.

If you book on board does your PVP get credit for it? I was thinking about booking to get the OBC.

If you book on board does your PVP get credit for it? I was thinking about booking to get the OBC.

Yes, I confirmed this with my PVP when I returned from my cruise on Liberty. I asked her if it was true that she gets credit for it and she said yes, and that she would have control of the booking. She just recently submitted my first price drop for me :)

Called mine yesterday to check. Yes, book on board and when you get back, call your PVP with your booking number and they will transfer it over.

Called mine yesterday to check. Yes, book on board and when you get back, call your PVP with your booking number and they will transfer it over.

Can you transfer it to your TA instead?

If you change to another cruise do you lose your OBC?

I love the FCC where I didn't have to commit to a specific cruise until I was ready and hope Princess don't go this way too. I wonder what the business reason was for this change?

I love the FCC where I didn't have to commit to a specific cruise until I was ready and hope Princess don't go this way too. I wonder what the business reason was for this change?

I'm not sure about the TA question. I would bet that you would lose the OBC if you switched the cruise. I'm not planning to do this, I always book early saver because DH has certain weeks of vacation that he must choose one year in advance.

I heard that the reason that the change was it had declined in popularity, but I'm not so sure that is the real reason? I also heard that it was just a hassle for the company, so I don't know

I am sorry that I could not be of more help to your questions, maybe someone else will be better able to help you with this information.

Pretty sure that if you change cruise you will lose your obc. Otherwise everyone would do this.

Pretty sure that if you change cruise you will lose your obc. Otherwise everyone would do this.

Guess like you said earlier, cost just went up $100:D:D

I haven't cruised Carnival for 8 years but doing one in May and thought if it was good I would book some FCC's to give us the option but I guess my future cruises for next year will be on Princess:D

I don't understand why they would do away with it if it kept people coming back to the line:confused:

Guess like you said earlier, cost just went up $100:D:D

I haven't cruised Carnival for 8 years but doing one in May and thought if it was good I would book some FCC's to give us the option but I guess my future cruises for next year will be on Princess:D

I don't understand why they would do away with it if it kept people coming back to the line:confused:

Beats me why. Perhaps it was too successful.

I wish they still had the FCC available. We booked next years B2B onboard in 2013 in order to get the OBC. I did go prepared.

We booked it the first sea day on the 2nd leg of our B2B when the loyalty desk first opened. Wanted to make sure we still wanted to book Carnival.

By the end of the week there was a relatively long line.

OK, so can I book one room for myself and get $100 OBC and also book a separate room for DS & DH and get them another $100 OBC for their room, all using the same Carnival Mastercard to pay for the deposits? (They would not be there to make the booking themselves - not cruising this year.) I would want two separate bookings, with two separate booking numbers. We would be on the same cruise next year, but two rooms.

eta: Meant to say booking "onboard" in the title.

Archived