Discounted wine with Bev Package, does it include gratuity?

happy cruzer

Hi, since you pay the gratuity on the beverage package up front, I wonder if that includes by the bottle. If you buy a bottle of wine at the discount offered by having a package, does it include the gratuity? Saving 20 per cent (classic package) and then adding 18 per cent for the gratuity would seem to be strange. Anyone bought wine by the bottle with the packages?

thanks.

It does not include the gratuity.

They give you a discount on the price of the bottle if you have the Classic package. You pay 15% gratuity on top of the price they charge for the wine. I don't know where you came up with the 18% gratuity, it's 15% on wine.

Example:

Wine at regular price $60, plus 15% gratuity = $69

Wine at discount price (80% X 60) = $48 plus 15% gratuity = $55.20

It does not include the gratuity.

They give you a discount on the price of the bottle if you have the Classic package. You pay 15% gratuity on top of the price they charge for the wine. I don't know where you came up with the 18% gratuity, it's 15% on wine.

Example:

Wine at regular price $60, plus 15% gratuity = $69

Wine at discount price (80% X 60) = $48 plus 15% gratuity = $55.20

Doesn't look strange to me. It would be strange if you paid a gratuity on the not discounted price.

OP, what seems strange to you?

So I assume that if you have the premium package and you buy a drink that is more than the limit you will pay the difference and a gratuity on the difference?

Ok I now understand how they do it on the discounted wine. I guess the strange part to me is that if you drank more than the value of the package in one day, they don't add more gratuity but if you order more in wine then you do. But at least it is good know how the discounted wine works.

Thank you for the clarification.

So I assume that if you have the premium package and you buy a drink that is more than the limit you will pay the difference and a gratuity on the difference?

Ok I now understand how they do it on the discounted wine. I guess the strange part to me is that if you drank more than the value of the package in one day, they don't add more gratuity but if you order more in wine then you do. But at least it is good know how the discounted wine works.

Thank you for the clarification.

I am not 100% certain that we paid a gratuity based on the difference above the $12, but I believe we did.

I understand your point. It is based on the individual bottle's or drink's cost and not the volume.

Ok, I know I am thinking about this too hard...

But does the bottle purchased using the package and the discount have to be consumed by the purchaser only? Can they share it with someone who does not have a package? with their table in the dining room?

Ok, I know I am thinking about this too hard...

But does the bottle purchased using the package and the discount have to be consumed by the purchaser only? Can they share it with someone who does not have a package? with their table in the dining room?

Sorry but is someone going to stand over you while you finish your bottle ? NO so share it.

happy cruzer

Yes, you are thinking about this too hard. The purchase of the package allows you to buy wine at a discount. You can do anything you want with that wine -- take it back to your stateroom, give it to another cruiser as a gift, share it with your tablemates, heck, you can even pack it up and take it home with you!:):):)

Seriously, I'm guessing that it's time for a cruise!

Thanks. I guess I got confused by all the posts that jump on people who ask is it ok for their spouse to taste their beverage that came with the package when the spouse did not have one.

I am interested in a NA package. DH would like the classic A; just checking to see how the wine by the bottle would work. I don't want to purchase the packages and "break the rules".

I think I have the info I need now, Thanks! :)

Thanks. I guess I got confused by all the posts that jump on people who ask is it ok for their spouse to taste their beverage that came with the package when the spouse did not have one.

I am interested in a NA package. DH would like the classic A; just checking to see how the wine by the bottle would work. I don't want to purchase the packages and "break the rules".

I think I have the info I need now, Thanks! :)

Great. Now, go and enjoy your cruise.

Archived