bed configuration on Jewel

BusyBlond

CAn anyone tell me what the bed configuration is on a cabin for 4 on the Jewel? We are looking to take a family cruise and one cabin would have my 70 year old Dad, myself and 2 of the grandkids ages 12 & 10. Do they have 2 upper bunks and 2 lower or is it a trundle bed situation? None of us would be thrilled with the whole trundle popped up between the bottom bunks that makes a wall to wall bed for 3. LOL

Inside and ocean view you get one bunk and two twins and a trundle. Balcony 2 twins, single sofa bed, and bunk. Mini suite two twins and double sofa bed.

Correct/perfect response. Let me add some flavor.

The bunk in balcony rooms folds down from the ceiling and blocks access to the balcony door. The sofa bed is underneath the bunk, between the main bed and the balcony door.

Here is a picture of the set-up in a mini (sofa bed for 2). It's a much nicer setup than the balcony room, unless you have two people that are uncomfortable sharing a bed (ignore Santa on the right) :)

IMG_3926-vi.jpg

Edited by sdmike

Thanks for your replies. We are looking to book just a standard inside. I would really have preferred two bunks, but we'll just have to make do with whatever we get. A crowded cruise cabin is better than a week at home. LOL

Here is a picture of an alternate arrangement that your cabin steward should be able to do...the trundle bed goes against the short wall, making a "U" shaped arrangement and keeping the beds separate.

1101054154_4bedsincabinlayout300.jpg.b6ed75a58a33a7550859dd2bbc684ebe.jpg

These are the options for four people.

This set up isn't that nice, the trundle is up at night and down during the day.

attachment.php?attachmentid=124468&d=1247534732

This gives you more floor space, but the trundle bed would stay up all the time.

attachment.php?attachmentid=124469&d=1247534753

Here is a picture of an alternate arrangement that your cabin steward should be able to do...the trundle bed goes against the short wall, making a "U" shaped arrangement and keeping the beds separate.

Thanks for the pic, that would definatley work better for us.

Thanks for the pics...we will be in an ocean view on the GEM in May with four in our cabin - I'm guessing the set-up will be the same - just with the trundle across the window? Our first cruise.

• 6 months later...

Can anyone tell me the bed configuration for an obstructed ocean view on the Jewel that is designated as sleeping 3? Specifically cabin, 8550.

I noted in an earlier post in this thread that it was indeed a bunk on the 3 person inside. I hate to "assume" it's the same for the obstructed view OV.

Hoping the 3rd is a bunk bed and not a trundle.

We will be in an obstructed ocean view on the Jewel, 8588, in about a month. I'm assuming that our cabin will have a bunk, as it says it can fit 4 people.

I'm thinking of seeing if my sister can join us and if so, I'm printing out that pictures of the beds in a "U" to give us space in between the beds to walk around.

Can anyone tell me the bed configuration for an obstructed ocean view on the Jewel that is designated as sleeping 3? Specifically cabin, 8550.

I noted in an earlier post in this thread that it was indeed a bunk on the 3 person inside. I hate to "assume" it's the same for the obstructed view OV.

Hoping the 3rd is a bunk bed and not a trundle.

Cabin for 4 will have a bunk. Cabin for 3 just the trundle bed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

After seeing those pictures I know where the saying packed in like a can of sardines comes from. :eek: Reminds me of an old I love Lucy episode too :D. Do you issue each sleeper a catheter? Getting up in the middle of the night could be an issue.

• 6 months later...
Correct/perfect response. Let me add some flavor.

The bunk in balcony rooms folds down from the ceiling and blocks access to the balcony door. The sofa bed is underneath the bunk, between the main bed and the balcony door.

Here is a picture of the set-up in a mini (sofa bed for 2). It's a much nicer setup than the balcony room, unless you have two people that are uncomfortable sharing a bed (ignore Santa on the right) :)

IMG_3926-vi.jpg

Is the sofa bed for two big enough for two adults? I can't tell from the photo which direction they would sleep. In other words does the bed open like a traditional sleeper/sofa or does it open futon style?

Edited by Irene7