Be sure to thank your TA as they...

Beachdude

I don't know about you all, but I don't feel the least bit sorry when I haggle with the used car salesman and pay a lower price thus reducing his commission, so why would I feel bad doing the same thing with a travel agent?

Car dealers also do not call you back and say the price has been reduced. Neither do the airlines for that matter! TAs have been busting their humps making less money due to these price drops. I could go on and on why many TAs have moved to charging fees but that will get me in trouble!

Car dealers also do not call you back and say the price has been reduced. Neither do the airlines for that matter! TAs have been busting their humps making less money due to these price drops. I could go on and on why many TAs have moved to charging fees but that will get me in trouble!

I dont think most TA's are going to call you when the price has dropped

went through a TA for my upcoming cruise.. was able to upgrade, but wasn't about to get $100 obc back :( but she did spend 30-40mins on the phone w carnival so we thanked her..

btw is there any way we would be able to get obc if we went through a TA?

YES! I give my clients OBC or now we have to do the eGift which is basically the same thing. Your PVP won't give you that.

Well all of those TAs that people are not thankful for will be earning even less money as they help those stranded on Triumph and Dream book their new cruises with those discounts that Carnival gave out and will not be paying commission for that portion of the fare. :mad:

Not always true. I've upgraded my inside 4A cabin to a cove balcony on the Breeze thanks to all the price reductions of late. Being booked ES, I could have received $140 in obc due to 4A price drops, but instead opted to pay the additional $120 for the upgrade. So my TA made more commission thanks to the discounting.

Tony

I just don't understand why people feel that we should feel sorry for a travel agent. It's their job and they know what it entails. There are other professions to go into if they don't like having their commissions drop. :confused:

There is still a travel agency in every mall.

True. There's a travel agency at our closest shopping center. It's had a "Gone out of Business" sign for about 3 years now. :o

That's because TA's call a different number. They don't wait any 45 minutes like the public might

Just tried the TA line I used when I was one.

3 1/2 minutes

Would you mind sharing your "special" number? I am a TA and when the Friends and Family Sale first started, I waited NO LESS than 60 minutes to get through on the TA line. We wait, just like everyone else.

Are you talking about those TAs that you can't talk to at all before 8am (their time zone), after 5pm, weekends and holidays? The ones that fall down stairs and are out of the office for 10 days leaving you with no one to help you? The ones you email and pray you hear back from in no more than 2 days?

Are those the ones you are talking about?

I take it you've had a bad experience. My TA isn't that way. She's an hour ahead of me and I've reached her as late as midnight her time. And when she does go on vacation, she makes sure there is someone that can assist us...now that person is 8am - 5 pm EST, but I will say, she handled things ASAP. I'd email her when my TA was on vacation and she would call me the next day or I'd have an email.

Sorry you've had a crappy experience.

But did you TIP him too. They can't pay the rent with Thank You's. (But apparently with Bitcoins they can)

Hey, everybody else on your cruise gets a tip.:)

The only TIP I gave him was a screen shot of the price drop I found with my past guest number and confirmation number ;)...and I thanked him for taking care of the rest :D.

Archived