Priority check in

My DH and I are traveling on the Radiance to Alaska in May. We are traveling with my best friend and her DH for their 20th anniversary. We were upgraded to a GS (score!) and wanted to know if we can bring our friends with us to priority check in. Is there a policy on this, or is it just a matter of being charming to the check in people? Our reservations are linked for dining purposes, which i suppose does not matter for check in. but we want to have our embarkation photos taken together and would love to get on the ship at the same time. anyone tried this?

Lots of people have tried this. Ask politely and the pier check-in person may say yes. If the answer is no, you can either check in with them in the regular line (it may be shorter, you just never know!), or simply meet up with them before the photographer. No biggie. :)

My DH and I are traveling on the Radiance to Alaska in May. We are traveling with my best friend and her DH for their 20th anniversary. We were upgraded to a GS (score!) and wanted to know if we can bring our friends with us to priority check in. Is there a policy on this, or is it just a matter of being charming to the check in people? Our reservations are linked for dining purposes, which i suppose does not matter for check in. but we want to have our embarkation photos taken together and would love to get on the ship at the same time. anyone tried this?

Uusally not, but you will be able to join them in the regular line which woudl be the way to go to get on at the same time as them.

Our experience has been that those in your traveling party, whether in the same cabin or not, can go with you to check in.

I went on a cruise with my sister in November and she had not sailed with Royal Caribbean before but I had so she was allowed to come through with me, so happy as her line up was huge and there was not one single person in my line. :)

Our experience has been that those in your traveling party, whether in the same cabin or not, can go with you to check in.

This has been our experience also. OP - Take a look at the lines and the number of check-in agents before you head for the priority check-in line. Quite often the regular line moves faster because there are less people and/or more agents checking people in.

Archived