Assigned Concierge Class or Guaranteed Aqua Class

dresterj

Thanks all for your inputs. After finding a couple of other friends (total of 4) are going and also are in Aqua/Blu I decided to take a chance and went with the Aqua guarantee. Hopefully I will get a good assignment since there are currently 9 A1s and 15 A2s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am sure you won't regret it. We were in an A2-1636 and it was perfect. Great position for going anywhere and as the ship is big, we didn't feel much movement at all especially as we had two rough days crossing the Tasman Sea with winds of over 70 knots and all outside areas closed.

Jennie

• 2 weeks later...
good luck with the assignment.

Please post when you get your assignment.

Again, thanks to everyone for your input. I received my assignment today - 1503 (A2). It is very far forward. However, reading comments about it I learned that a positive with this cabin is that there is no extreme overhang like the farther back cabins on this level. I am not prone to seasickness, just residual dizziness/sealegs/landlegs (not sure of proper terms) after (not during) the cruise sometimes. This may not be a sympton of being too far forward as I just looked up the room from my first cruise and it was pretty center but I still experienced this phenomenon.

Here is my next question. I noticed that 1650 is also A2 and is still available. Should I give up the front with no extended overhang and extra sunshine (I figure in AK I will want all the sunshine I can get) for a near rear with extended overhang? If I decide to make the change can I call X or will I have to go through the TA that I used?

I really appreciate your advice!

After working with one of (or actually the largest) Celebrity TA, I was told by a VP of Celebrity that I could not change from C2 to A2 because it was the same price...however if it was just $1 more, I could change. That IS their policy.

I can confirm this experience - Exactly same thing happened to us last Spring.

Again, thanks to everyone for your input. I received my assignment today - 1503 (A2). It is very far forward. However, reading comments about it I learned that a positive with this cabin is that there is no extreme overhang like the farther back cabins on this level. I am not prone to seasickness, just residual dizziness/sealegs/landlegs (not sure of proper terms) after (not during) the cruise sometimes. This may not be a sympton of being too far forward as I just looked up the room from my first cruise and it was pretty center but I still experienced this phenomenon.

Here is my next question. I noticed that 1650 is also A2 and is still available. Should I give up the front with no extended overhang and extra sunshine (I figure in AK I will want all the sunshine I can get) for a near rear with extended overhang? If I decide to make the change can I call X or will I have to go through the TA that I used?

I really appreciate your advice!

I'd read the reviews to be sure there are no major noise issues (especially when I expect to be sleeping) from the gym above for cabin 1503 vs 1650. Librarylady's S class cabin reviews should be very helpful. If motion is a major concern, I'd move bacause the aft seems to move less than the bow. Unless there is excessive motion or noise concerns at bothersome times, personally I'd stick with 1503 for now.

Regardless, I would check A2 cabin availability a couple times a day...if I saw one I wanted, I'd either call my TA immediately or put it on hold until I could reach the TA. I often see well placed cabins come available in the final weeks (cancellations or upgrades, I assume).

On the Inaugural Reflection cruise last fall the prices dropped after final payment. We were originally booked in Concierge in a nicely located midship room. Our TA upgraded us to Aqua at no cost but ended up in a room second from the front of the ship. The officers in the control room protruding out the front could see right in our room.Would think twice about doing that again unless our room was located midship. The one positive was being able to eat in Blue. :D

Archived