Great NCL Pearl Cruise Package

Hi Everyone - We received an email from our TA (Gold Coast) late on Tuesday afternoon with a great deal for a 40-day cruise package on NCL Pearl from Miami to Seattle in April/May 2014. It is actually 4 cruises - Western Carribean, Panama Canal, US West Coast and Alaska, but also included Qantas air both ways, 2 night's accommodation in Miami and 1 night in Seattle.

I don't know whether it was marketed in other parts of Aust, but our TA sold their allocation in 2 days and the offer was suspended by the cruise line two days earlier than first advertised.

Anyway, we thought it was such a good deal that we jumped straight in and have paid our deposit to secure our mini suite ( really just a slightly larger balcony cabin) on Deck 11.

The real purpose of this posting is to let other Aussie cruisers who might also have booked this package know that a Roll Call has been started for this cruise and to invite you to join in our chit chat on there.

If you also took advantage of this offer, please come over to the Roll Call and say "G'day".

Hi Everyone - We received an email from our TA (Gold Coast) late on Tuesday afternoon with a great deal for a 40-day cruise package on NCL Pearl from Miami to Seattle in April/May 2014. It is actually 4 cruises - Western Carribean, Panama Canal, US West Coast and Alaska, but also included Qantas air both ways, 2 night's accommodation in Miami and 1 night in Seattle.

I don't know whether it was marketed in other parts of Aust, but our TA sold their allocation in 2 days and the offer was suspended by the cruise line two days earlier than first advertised.

Anyway, we thought it was such a good deal that we jumped straight in and have paid our deposit to secure our mini suite ( really just a slightly larger balcony cabin) on Deck 11.

The real purpose of this posting is to let other Aussie cruisers who might also have booked this package know that a Roll Call has been started for this cruise and to invite you to join in our chit chat on there.

If you also took advantage of this offer, please come over to the Roll Call and say "G'day".

You will love the Pearl. We cruised Alaska on her in June 2011 and are back on her this September in the same mini suit on Deck 11. Our cabin is an Aft Mini Suit 11650.

Enjoy

Any hints on who to search for to check this deal, sounds good.

We're thinking of going back to Alaska in 2014 so this may be the deal for us.

Its a repositioning cruise. NCL have to get their ships from Alaska to the Caribbean. I think from memory they have about 4 ships doing this cruise or variations thereon.

They do it every year and then the reverse also applies later on when they have to get them back to Alaska.

Check out the NCL web site and register to be notified of any specials. You can sometimes make up your own package a lot cheaper than the agents, sometimes not. Depends how quick off the mark you are.:D

Other cruise lines do this as well eg HAL and Princess.

Any hints on who to search for to check this deal, sounds good.

We're thinking of going back to Alaska in 2014 so this may be the deal for us.

It was a great deal. We are basically just paying for the cruise. Return air fares (Qantas & American Airlines), 2 nights accommodation in Miami and 1 night in Seattle, plus the daily Service Charges are bonuses.

Unfortunately, the special deal sold out in under 48 hours. Then the cruiseline withdrew the offer. I think because so many of us Aussies "jumped" on the deal. Our TA here on the Gold Cosst sold 200 (not sure whether this is 200 pax or 200 cabins).

Misicorn - Thanks for the "heads up" on the Pearl. We have not sailed on NCL before, so it's nice to hear good reports. We are also on Deck 11.

Unfortunately all the aft mini suites had gone so we are portside, just aft of midships - same cabin for the entire cruise.

We are really looking forward to it.

And the total cost is?

Hi Les - The total cost is $5,219 (AUD) pp in a mini suite. I might add that a mini suite on NCL is really just a slightly larger balcony cabin - none of the perks that go with the "real" suites. But we thought it was a pretty good deal for a 37-day cruise (really 4 btob cruises), incl airfares, 3 night's accommodation and the daily service fee ($12pp per day) all included. We haven't sailed with NCL before. Hence I was particularly interested in Musicorn's comments in a previous post.

BTW - I see that you are from BB and also a golfer. Before we moved to Qld 15 1/5 years ago, I was on the Board at Catalina. I guess that is where you play. Love the course and still miss my friends from down there.

I hope you enjoy the Pearl, we were on there last May for Alaska, in a mini suite and we loved it. Their way of cruising def suited us, and we were spoilt with lovely weather and animal spotting on this cruise - the Pearl would now top our fav cruiseship list.

We love the comfy seating and beds up on the top floor, and lots of nice places to eat - even the midnight chocci feast.

Not bad pricing at all for your package cruise.

Enjoy.:)

Archived