The Process of Upgrading/Upselling Suites?

Can anyone give me some insight to how this would work? Our cruise is 3 weeks away. We are in a Crown Loft Suite. Currently, the Royal Loft Suite, Aqua Theatre Suite and 4 Crown Loft Suites are still open. My hope is that we can get into a Skyloft or Royal suite for a good upsell deal. (Currently, these categories are sold out). Do you think they would offer the Royal Loft Suite to occupants in the sold out categories and if by chance someone takes the offer, would they now offer the skyloft or royal suite at a discounted price? BTW, I am happy where we are but would like to suprise hubby with a nicer room. Thanks

Can anyone give me some insight to how this would work? Our cruise is 3 weeks away. We are in a Crown Loft Suite. Currently, the Royal Loft Suite, Aqua Theatre Suite and 4 Crown Loft Suites are still open. My hope is that we can get into a Skyloft or Royal suite for a good upsell deal. (Currently, these categories are sold out). Do you think they would offer the Royal Loft Suite to occupants in the sold out categories and if by chance someone takes the offer, would they now offer the skyloft or royal suite at a discounted price? BTW, I am happy where we are but would like to suprise hubby with a nicer room. Thanks

To upgrade, call and pay for it. Free is not impossible but very unlikely. Free upgrades usually go to Diamond + members and above and are still rare

I know I can call and pay but my question is,for instanceif the people in the skyloft suite get an upsell to the royal loft suite at an unbelievable price and they take it, would their skyloft be available at a discounted, upsell price for the people in the crown lofts?

I was in a GS and up to 2 weeks before there were tons of CL and some SL and above. We were hoping for a upgrade or upswell, none came. 2 in our M&M got upgraded from balcony to CL. I talked to the concierge and he said he rarely sees an upgrade from one full suite to another. They need to fill all the quarantee balconies.

I was in a GS and up to 2 weeks before there were tons of CL and some SL and above. We were hoping for a upgrade or upswell, none came. 2 in our M&M got upgraded from balcony to CL. I talked to the concierge and he said he rarely sees an upgrade from one full suite to another. They need to fill all the quarantee balconies.

So am I understanding correctly? They will give a suite to a guarantee balcony before upgrading someone already in a suite?? (this could be good for me since I have a balcony guarantee) :o

So am I understanding correctly? They will give a suite to a guarantee balcony before upgrading someone already in a suite?? (this could be good for me since I have a balcony guarantee) :o

Unless you are Diamond plus, it's a distant dream

I've been on 18 RCL cruises and have never been upgraded

The upgrade process is complicated. It starts off with the revenue department, and if they feel that opening some balconies (or other categories) will generate more sales, then they will move those guests to higher categories. Once the revenue department is finished with their upgrades, then the remaining staterooms (if any) are given to Crown & Anchor to do upgrades based on C&A point level.

I know I can call and pay but my question is,for instanceif the people in the skyloft suite get an upsell to the royal loft suite at an unbelievable price and they take it, would their skyloft be available at a discounted, upsell price for the people in the crown lofts?

If you really want the RLS I would suggest paying for it. There are 25 CLS and 2 SLS. The chances of being the lucky one choosen would be like winning power ball. If you got it I would be SOOOOOOO happy for you, but I doubt it will happen. Not to mention the D Plus and other things that would influence their choice of upgrades. I doubt they would move suite guests around that much as the guest would have paid for the room of their choice, unless it was a suite guarantee.

We have stayed in the RLS on two occasions. The first time we self upgraded 3 weeks prior to the sailing from a CLS. The second time we self upgraded 6 months prior to the sailing. We had two cabins (OS and a GS), so this way we could all be in one cabin. In each of those situations the RLS appeared on the RC webpage, just like your situation. TA didn't mind me calling her at home to book it either ;).

Deck 17 is wonderful, but whatever cabin you are in have a great cruise. :)

The answer is "no". Only because I am on the same cruise as you are and am also in a Crown Loft suite and they are going to pick me first. :) (I hope you realize I am just kidding.)

Seriously, we sailed on the Allure at the same time last year and were booked into a grand suite. About this same time, Royal offered a grand suite guaranty. I think they must have overbooked it because soon thereafter we got an email from Royal telling us about our "new reservation" and it was for an aft facing Crown Loft Suite. I figure that our upgrade was the perfect combination of what Bob was explaining. Revenue could sell the grand suites more easily than the Crown Lofts and since I was a D+ in a grand suite, I got picked for the upgrade.

I would be surprised if they did an upgrade or upsell into the RLS. I bet they could generate far more money offering it as a bingo prize.

P.S. Hi, Bob!

I would be surprised if they did an upgrade or upsell into the RLS. I bet they could generate far more money offering it as a bingo prize.

On Oasis and Allure I have only once seen them bingo a suite for a room upgrade. They "bingo offed" a CLS on the second day.

I am like you in thinking too... you won't get the RLS as an upgrade cause they are giving it to me.:p Great joke as it would never happen.

Andrew

On Oasis and Allure I have only once seen them bingo a suite for a room upgrade. They "bingo offed" a CLS on the second day.

I am like you in thinking too... you won't get the RLS as an upgrade cause they are giving it to me.:p Great joke as it would never happen.

Andrew

Hey Andrew! In 5 weeks we'll be spending the week in a cabin you previously were in on the Oasis. I hope the mirror stays on the wall!!

Just curious - has it been your experience on the Oasis that the concierge contacts you via email shortly before your sailing? Do they typically have the ability to set aside a remaining over the water cabana at Labadee? (I've heard that all are not available online prior to the sailing so that people can have a shot at them once onboard) For suite guests, are the cabins not available (to drop off carry on luggage and such) until about 1 pm?

THANKS!

Tom

Hey Andrew! In 5 weeks we'll be spending the week in a cabin you previously were in on the Oasis. I hope the mirror stays on the wall!!

Just curious - has it been your experience on the Oasis that the concierge contacts you via email shortly before your sailing? Do they typically have the ability to set aside a remaining over the water cabana at Labadee? (I've heard that all are not available online prior to the sailing so that people can have a shot at them once onboard) For suite guests, are the cabins not available (to drop off carry on luggage and such) until about 1 pm?

THANKS!

Tom

Tom,

WOW, you must have great memory or you searched on the room on CC. Yes I hope the mirror stays on the wall for you. Attached is a picture if anyone is curious about the mirror comment.

Where is ended up coming to rest in the middle of the night, not the type of excitment I was looking for in bed.:p

Oasis--Day4059.jpg

Where it should be.

Oasis--Day4058.jpg

As for your concereige questions.

Yes they typically email 5 days or so in advance. In the two times doing the Western sailings we have luck in getting cabanna's previous to being on board. Only once we got the one we wanted, but I do appreciate the shade, so I would take any cabanna.

We knew another suite guest who had an over the water cabanna and it was nice. The beach cabanna we had on the waters edge is nice too, espically the one that views the ship better. As the tide varries it is almost over the water. The ones in the trees are private with a great view, but can be awkward with the stairs. Got to visit one of those as well. We also had a cabanna that is set back and closer to the buffet. It was good, close to the bar and buffet but further from the water. When emailing with the concereige have a map of labadee from on-line, it will help with your choices.

This picture is taken from a hill top cabanna. The near cabannas are over the water ones, as well as the further ones. They have also added acouple of extra over the water ones on the far side. If you look on the beach the beach front ones are on the sand a few feet up from the waters edge. There is another one that is nearer, but is hidden by the over the water cabannas. That is where our one was, and we had a great view of the ship, and the water. With the tide you can see how the water comes underneath them.

IMG_1121.jpg

As for your cabin 11240, it won't be ready until 1pm. Check the mirror by the bed to see if it is a every so slightly wavy, like a sideshow circus mirror. Don't lose any sleep at night over it, espically if you sleep on the other side of the bed.;)

Enjoy your cruise,

Andrew

It took us 87 cruises to get an upgrade. :rolleyes: Hope it works for you. :)

Tom,

WOW, you must have great memory or you searched on the room on CC. Yes I hope the mirror stays on the wall for you. Attached is a picture if anyone is curious about the mirror comment.

Where is ended up coming to rest in the middle of the night, not the type of excitment I was looking for in bed.:p

Oasis--Day4059.jpg

Where it should be.

Oasis--Day4058.jpg

As for your concereige questions.

Yes they typically email 5 days or so in advance. In the two times doing the Western sailings we have luck in getting cabanna's previous to being on board. Only once we got the one we wanted, but I do appreciate the shade, so I would take any cabanna.

We knew another suite guest who had an over the water cabanna and it was nice. The beach cabanna we had on the waters edge is nice too, espically the one that views the ship better. As the tide varries it is almost over the water. The ones in the trees are private with a great view, but can be awkward with the stairs. Got to visit one of those as well. We also had a cabanna that is set back and closer to the buffet. It was good, close to the bar and buffet but further from the water. When emailing with the concereige have a map of labadee from on-line, it will help with your choices.

This picture is taken from a hill top cabanna. The near cabannas are over the water ones, as well as the further ones. They have also added acouple of extra over the water ones on the far side. If you look on the beach the beach front ones are on the sand a few feet up from the waters edge. There is another one that is nearer, but is hidden by the over the water cabannas. That is where our one was, and we had a great view of the ship, and the water. With the tide you can see how the water comes underneath them.

IMG_1121.jpg

As for your cabin 11240, it won't be ready until 1pm. Check the mirror by the bed to see if it is a every so slightly wavy, like a sideshow circus mirror. Don't lose any sleep at night over it, espically if you sleep on the other side of the bed.

Enjoy your cruise,

Andrew

Thanks for the thorough reply! A sideshow circus mirror --- Cheryl will love that! ;) Is it the kind which makes you look short/fat or tall slender?! :D

BTW - you have about as many things to plug in there (at the dresser) as we do! Did you find ample outlets elsewhere in the cabin?

Tom

Thanks for the thorough reply! A sideshow circus mirror --- Cheryl will love that! ;) Is it the kind which makes you look short/fat or tall slender?! :D

BTW - you have about as many things to plug in there (at the dresser) as we do! Did you find ample outlets elsewhere in the cabin?

Tom

Tom,

Yes we did find enough outlets to use. Black Berries were plugged in at the living room as well as head set chargers. There was mirror debries on out stuff, but house keeping did an amazing and thorough job cleaning up. Took them an hour with two cleaning.

As for the wavy mirror you really have to look close, but perhaps they changed it since then. Who knows, maybe it fell again:p. Yes, it was like the ones that make you look tall and skinny or short and fat. It was no where near pronounced as the ones on the board walk by Zoltar though.

Andrew

Unlike our cruiselines rccl does not have an upsell fairy

I have seen a few posts here where Royal called and offered a better cabin at a discounted price. One of the posters I think was cruisingator and I think the upsell was on Allure or Oasis.

On NCL back in '08 we had an aft jr. suite and I bugged my TA IF there was a chance for an upsell to let me know. We got it...for $300 from the Jr. Suite to a PENTHOUSE with an enormous (I mean enormous) forward balcony. We could have put 30 people on there!

I don't think RCCL does it often. Too bad. It's a nice thought.

The answer is "no". Only because I am on the same cruise as you are and am also in a Crown Loft suite and they are going to pick me first. :) (I hope you realize I am just kidding.)

And all this time I thought I was getting the upgrade :confused:

I guess if you get the RLS I would be okay with taking your CLS:D

Unlike our cruiselines rccl does not have an upsell fairy

Yes she does but she has to call you. Unlike NCL where you can call her and offer a price for an upgrade.

2 months ago we received the call asking us if we wanted a JS from a D1 for a $100 total on the Jewel 5 nights.

Archived