No Motorbikes (Scooters) On Ferry to St. Georges

dotsofunn

I am looking at a new 2013 Ferry schedule and it looks like you are Not able to take your motorbike from Dockyard to St. Georges on the Ferry. I had read on previous posts that this was possible??? Did this change?

This doesn't sound right -- many Bermudians take their scooters on the ferry, it's not just the tourists.

I think njhorseman is right - I recall them mentioning in the media the ferry that will be making the Dockyard-StGeorges run this summer will be the leased ferry, which probably does not have space for scooters.

I called the ferry office.....and no one seemed to know. They asked me to call back after April 15th and they hoped to have more information then. I will post again after the 15th when I call them back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

No motor scooters permitted on the Dockyard- St. George's ferry last week but I saw a few wheelchairs. I would guess a scooter needed for mobility issues would be permitted. The crew and ferry staff always boarded those in wheelchairs before everyone else.

Archived