Concierge class worth it?

pmacher61

We booked the Eclipse transatlantic sailing from London to Ft Laud in Nov.

I chose an SV (verand balcony) cabin. My understanding it is not Concierge class though priced above many other similar sized verandas.

At what grade cabin does Concierge class begin and what its the usual price differential ? Is it worth it?

Concierge cabins are C3, C2, and C1 with C3 being the lowest level. If you want to snag an oversized wedge balcony on an S class ship, for example, you have to book at least a C2 or C1. Price differential? Depends on the sailing how the pricing goes, so there's really no answer to that question, except that at initial price listings, a concierge cabin is always going to cost more than other non-concierge balcony cabins. Is it worth it? Well, that depends on you, really. Some of the perks might be and others not. If you're wanting to move up the loyalty ranks, a concierge cabin gets you an extra point. If you like a footstool on your veranda, concierge is the way to go. If you like fresh flowers and a small appetizer plate in the afternoon, concierge is for you. The full list of concierge perks is given on the Celebrity website.

We booked the Eclipse transatlantic sailing from London to Ft Laud in Nov.

I chose an SV (verand balcony) cabin. My understanding it is not Concierge class though priced above many other similar sized verandas.

At what grade cabin does Concierge class begin and what its the usual price differential ? Is it worth it?

That depends on you. We upgraded to Concierge for our Trans Atlantic late November from Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale because there was a sale and we got it for cheap; othewise we would have not bothered. Enjoy your cruise.

snacks in the afternoon.......if that's what you can call them. Save your money

Thanks. I meant to describe our current cabin category as SV - sunset veranda, i.e. a rear balcony which I think is nicer than a side one. I don't think more food will interest us. There won't be any shortage.

Unless you need an extra credit to move to a higher Captain's Club level, I would steer away from CC. You also should look at price differentials.

Save the money and head to a specialty restaurant or two.

The only reason I would upgrade to Concierge Class on the S-class ships is if it afforded me a balcony cabin on the angled hump. Otherwise, I'd try for a 1A on the angled part of the hump. Otherwise, I'd stick with what you have.

Cruise Critic regulars hate Concierge Class - they're usually all about Aqua/Blu. They usually sneer at CC.

We book Concierge because we don't care about Blu, and like the C cabin selections. The other perks are nice enough but not what clinches our decision. Works for us.

Cruise Critic regulars hate Concierge Class - they're usually all about Aqua/Blu. They usually sneer at CC.

We book Concierge because we don't care about Blu, and like the C cabin selections. The other perks are nice enough but not what clinches our decision. Works for us.

We agree with you so much!!!! We continue to do CC. We do not care about Blu and our attendants are wonderful and so are the locations of our cabins. Just a personal preference....

Booked CC class because of the Aft cabin selection. C-1 on the stern. On the S-Class ships there are 7 cabins on the stern that have balconies that are about 5 feet wider than the other one's. Also on embarkation CC class has different lines. I don't know about other sailings but on ours the regular lines looked very long. Our line had 2 people in it. From curb to ship, about 15 min. I never did order the afternoon canapes. Our room steward seemed to go above and beyond at every turn also. Had some friends that booked Aqua Class and said that Blu was good but was always crowded and the noice level was very high. This was my first cruise with Celebrity, will probably book CC again.

We have sailed w/ and w/out CC and do not see paying extra because the perks were not worth it TO US. If it is w/in your budget go for it so you can see for yourself and you will know which is what I did. If it isn't, my opinion is that you will not be missing anything.

So true... Agree with your comments. For us the C1 centre aft on the resort deck are the best location for the mediterranean nights. Miss the aft penthouse location with the newer ships as we love the wake.

We were neutral over Blu and AQ class and the AQ cabins did not seem to be prime locations. We like C class primarlily for the expanded room service menu, specifically, breakfast menu. It is nice to have hot breakfast items, eggs, etc. In C class cabin we might have 3 or 4 breakfasts on the balcony otherwise none.

Unless you need an extra credit to move to a higher Captain's Club level, I would steer away from CC. You also should look at price differentials.

Save the money and head to a specialty restaurant or two.

That is why we book the CC. Once we have reached the higher level of Captain's Club we will just book a regular balcony. The perks are really not worth it.

Another vote from us!! Much prefer the cabin locations and we are not interested in Blu.:)

All other things being equal, CC is worth it on the M class, but not on the S class unless there is very little difference in the fare. AQ is far better on the S class than CC.

For us CC is worth it. It is mostly about location and balcony size. On the S class ships we love the C2 cabins on deck 12 that are on a angle. These cabins have oversize balconies. The location to food just up the stairs and str8 out to the pool. These 2 items make the C2 cabins worth the money. As to AQ, we have not tried them. We are going to try AQ in Sept. We are not spa people and not sure of Blu. We can always eat in Select dining. Richard

I agree with those who say that they wouldn't pay a lot more for a CC cabin. The thing is, I have never had to pay much, if anything, more. On our Equinox cruise, the difference was about $50 ($5 a day). On my recent Reflection booking the CC was the same price as a 2A.

I think the big price difference is built into the early pricing. Once you get about 4 months from the cruise date all bets are off, and the prices are all over the map.

We love the flowers, say no thanks to the canapes and return the sparkling wine to Guest Relations for a red wine.

But, I don't think anyone has mentioned that there is a slight increase of about a dollar a day for gratuities per cabin in this category. Our service has always been exceptionally good.

We book Concierge because we don't care about Blu, and like the C cabin selections.

This works for us, too. After several OV cruises, we decided to return to balcony land. We chose an aft balcony on Silhouette in Mar 2014. (We have a cruise in 18 days on Summit.) We didn't book it because it was C1. We booked it because it was aft, and had room for a third passenger.

concierge class on a Millenium Class ship gets you 191 sf ft cabin vs 170 sq ft & a large shower & better cabin location if it is a concierge 1 or 2 not a concierge 3 area ,plus the other benefits. However ,we wouldn't book concierge for the extra cost on a Soltice class ship .Better would be Aqua class to eat in Blu restaurant on a Soltice class ship + the extra Aqua perks:D

We booked CC for our upcoming Med Cruise because it was cheaper than a balcony when we booked. The travel agent had blocked a group of cabins for a group and we got one of those cabins. The only cheaper balcony was an obstructed view balcony and we didn't want that (it was only a few dollars less expensive).

As others have said on M class the cabins are a bit larger. The other perk that is nice is the extra credit to get to elite. The flowers are nice and the canapes are usually ok but not great - sometimes enjoy them and sometimes just leave them. The champaigne is a great benefit for either our cabin steward or someone in a cabin around us as we always give it away :D.

Archived