How easy (or not) for Seattle to release certain stateroom for longer itin?

selma

No TA, went with HAL directly given some very specific special needs stuff (tends to always something fall down the cracks with extra chains in between) combined with the no real benefits a TA offers down here but does come with loads of extra limitations.

Unlike US TA's (which I fall down on when working with TA's and an option) down here it would just basically be shrugging it off. One call and getting the same message; oh well, can't anything be done. :rolleyes: Unfortunately not allowed by HAL (starts to get a recurring thing here, doesn't it) to book through a US-bades TA given my location.

Hopefully having a direct name WILL make a difference. As far as I know there is only one bigger TA here for HAL, but doubt if they make big enough numbers. Will definately check this very subject out though!

Am planning to add at least one more cruise next year and with my criteria of departure from the Netherlands HAL would normally be a very good option. Hopefully this sour taste will soon be made right and however many nights I end up cruising this june will end up leaving me with a much more positive overall experience balance. Huge lesson already learned though when considering HAL for next year.

I am sending positive thoughts to you that HAL NL makes this right and that you have a wonderful cruise!

I realized that in different countries, TA's benefits differ. Just thought that perhaps another voice on your behalf that had more clout by virtue of business volume might help.

Hoping this is all resolved favorably for you very soon!!:D

Let's touch wood, but it seems solved. And oh so simple and oh so stupid a mistake that nobody noticed for 10 days.

Turns out a supervisor at HAL NL made a "math" mistake. She did not add up both prices, but instead added the price on hold for the 22nd + remaining balance for the 29th. Which came to a price only euro's higher than the price for the 14 day collectors voyage. Decision -> can not price match, done!

NOBODY noticed this, but notition has been in there eversince. Have mentioned all prices each and every time, but nop did not make any bells ring with anyone. Until today. Got same agent as when first working on this and who started this all. Seemed surprised it was not solved yet, and as soon as she mentioned the noted price of that wrong math I stated "price must have gone up then, obviously I'm getting the price quoted on 6th right? This got the whole ball rolling finding where the problem was pinpointed. I mean; how difficult is this when you SEE that price a supervisor put in there and should see it differing not a huge deal but still differing from the price I would mention in each call repeatedly?

Anyhow, voiced my feelings about it all and it either being taken off today or be done with it. Got a call back with 15 minutes or so? Now HAL NL has decided to take it upon themselves. A new booking will be made for that collectors voyage itinerary, stateroom will be moved to that one, deposit will be transferred, special needs stuff will be transfered and then made booking will be cancelled and hold be done with. OK, fine, great, but I'm not at ease until seeing new confirmation and all details being on there correctly. Or not "standardly" being stuck with a cancellation fee because it was decided to solve it this way instead of going through ship inventory. Also will be contacting special needs department directly to make sure that also will be transferred correctly.

Let's hope on a smooth sailing from here on out. And again; all thanks for thinking along and helping!

Let's touch wood, but it seems solved. And oh so simple and oh so stupid a mistake that nobody noticed for 10 days.

Turns out a supervisor at HAL NL made a "math" mistake. She did not add up both prices, but instead added the price on hold for the 22nd + remaining balance for the 29th. Which came to a price only euro's higher than the price for the 14 day collectors voyage. Decision -> can not price match, done!

NOBODY noticed this, but notition has been in there eversince. Have mentioned all prices each and every time, but nop did not make any bells ring with anyone. Until today. Got same agent as when first working on this and who started this all. Seemed surprised it was not solved yet, and as soon as she mentioned the noted price of that wrong math I stated "price must have gone up then, obviously I'm getting the price quoted on 6th right? This got the whole ball rolling finding where the problem was pinpointed. I mean; how difficult is this when you SEE that price a supervisor put in there and should see it differing not a huge deal but still differing from the price I would mention in each call repeatedly?

Anyhow, voiced my feelings about it all and it either being taken off today or be done with it. Got a call back with 15 minutes or so? Now HAL NL has decided to take it upon themselves. A new booking will be made for that collectors voyage itinerary, stateroom will be moved to that one, deposit will be transferred, special needs stuff will be transfered and then made booking will be cancelled and hold be done with. OK, fine, great, but I'm not at ease until seeing new confirmation and all details being on there correctly. Or not "standardly" being stuck with a cancellation fee because it was decided to solve it this way instead of going through ship inventory. Also will be contacting special needs department directly to make sure that also will be transferred correctly.

Let's hope on a smooth sailing from here on out. And again; all thanks for thinking along and helping!

Sounds like things are finally working out for you. Fingers crossed that all goes smoothly from hereon in:D

Sounds like you finally have received good news and your situation handled.... at last.

Hopefully all is well now and you can start looking forward to your cruise without this sress.

Thanks for the update. :)

Selma, I am glad to hear that it is finally getting worked out and very unfortunately that it had to be this frustrating. Sadly dealing with HAL NL is almost like dealing with an independent travel agency. There is so much they cannot do because Seattle controls everything, I understand similar things have occurred with those that book with the Australia office of HAL.

Sounds indeed like a treat-them-like-a-TA-problem doesn't it, Lisa?

Let's keep on touching wood ;) but indeed enough got a right new reservation for that collectors voyage and at the right price. Right stateroom is on it. They're still in the process of moving over the special needs stuff. Seems like something was learned from it all, as now they ask me for checking if things are in order before actually going ahead with cancelling the old reservations.

Told them there is one more thing to be aware of; a reservation for Pinnacle Grill I already made. Hopefully I'll see that move across without problems either and the cancellation goes as should be. Will be checking up on that special needs stuff myself as soon as being told it has been dealt with.

We're getting somewhere, guess it's time I go and update my countdown clock. :)

Archived