Balcony discounts?

Just became a platinum member and heard that I now qualify for balcony discounts on future cruises. Is this correct? How do I get one and how much can one expect to get? I'm sure it depends on the type of room reservation but I'm mostly interested in the process.

Thanks for your help.

Effective January 21, 2011....here is a breakdown of balcony discounts per cabin for Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Members as well as OBC being offered when booking on board.

Platinum Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:

$ 50 * for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$200* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$200* for sailings of 15+ nights

Emerald Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:

$ 75 * for sailings of 3-5 nights

$125* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$225* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$225* for sailings of 15+ nights

Diamond Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:

$125* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$225* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$325* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$325* for sailings of 15+ nights

Diamond Plus & Pinnacle Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:

$150* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$250* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$350* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$350* for sailings of 15+ nights

*When booking less than 6 months from sailing date subtract $25 from each dollar amount.

OBC From Booking On Board

$25 for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100 for sailings of 6-9 nights

$150 for sailings of 10-14 nights

$200 for sailings of 15+ nights

When you book if not by phone you have to call and ask them to apply your Platinum discount. They will call Crown & Anchor or you can do it by calling C&A directly to have it applied to your cruise.

Just became a platinum member and heard that I now qualify for balcony discounts on future cruises. Is this correct? How do I get one and how much can one expect to get? I'm sure it depends on the type of room reservation but I'm mostly interested in the process.

Thanks for your help.

The important part is you have to call, the discount will not be applied automatically.

Thank you so much. I wondered if you had to call yourself. I guess nothing gets done automatically, you have to ask.

Yes you have to ask. The booking agent well welcome you back as a Platinum member but usually will not volunteer to call Crown & Anchor for your balcony discount, you have to ask for it to be applied.

Yes you have to ask. The booking agent well welcome you back as a Platinum member but usually will not volunteer to call Crown & Anchor for your balcony discount, you have to ask for it to be applied.

Unless you have a relationship with your CVP and use the same one repeatedly. Then s/he does it automatically for you. :D

Unless you have a relationship with your CVP and use the same one repeatedly. Then s/he does it automatically for you. :D

I booked our cruise...a week ago this past Friday...and we are Diamond Members...I went through a travel agent...and she told me that my $200.00 discount was applied to our balcony...should I have received $225.00...since I booked it 6 months before leaving....:confused:

Thanks, Sheila

• 4 months later...
Effective January 21, 2011....here is a breakdown of balcony discounts per cabin for Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Members as well as OBC being offered when booking on board.

Platinum Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:

$ 50 * for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$200* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$200* for sailings of 15+ nights

Emerald Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:

$ 75 * for sailings of 3-5 nights

$125* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$225* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$225* for sailings of 15+ nights

Diamond Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:

$125* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$225* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$325* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$325* for sailings of 15+ nights

Diamond Plus & Pinnacle Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:

$150* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$250* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$350* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$350* for sailings of 15+ nights

*When booking less than 6 months from sailing date subtract $25 from each dollar amount.

OBC From Booking On Board

$25 for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100 for sailings of 6-9 nights

$150 for sailings of 10-14 nights

$200 for sailings of 15+ nights

When you book if not by phone you have to call and ask them to apply your Platinum discount. They will call Crown & Anchor or you can do it by calling C&A directly to have it applied to your cruise.

It's my understanding these balcony discounts are per cabin, not per person. Does that mean a solo traveler receives the full discount, or does RCCL reduce this perk by 50%?

Thanks for your help.

I just booked one as a new plat also 100$ if done outside 6 months a sliding scale from there

Does this apply if I'm only Diamond status because of reciprocal status since I'm Elite on Celebrity Captain's Club?

And if I already booked and paid in full for my cruise, can I still call and get that discount and if so, do they give it to me as OBC or what?

Can you get the platinum balcony discount applied to your reservation after final payment date? I thought the savings certificate was the crown and anchor discount...are they one and the same??

No they are not the same thing. If you use a savings certificate, you can't get the balcony discount. Usually the savings cerificate is better.

Does this apply if I'm only Diamond status because of reciprocal status since I'm Elite on Celebrity Captain's Club?

And if I already booked and paid in full for my cruise, can I still call and get that discount and if so, do they give it to me as OBC or what?

If I remember correctly, my son got an OBC after final payment.

Gregg

Archived