Sagrada Familia Tickets?

cynbar

Couldn't agree more Sheryl. We will definitely, absolutely be going back to Barcelona - there was so much we didn't see.

Look forward to hearing about your November Caribbean cruise - we are thinking of doing one for our silver wedding anniversary in a little over a year... well, actually, DH has his heart set on it, I'm still in two minds as it's over Christmas/New Year and I've never been away then.

Hi

Today we were at the Sagrada Familia, what an amazing experience, not to be missed.

We booked our tickets online with the audio guide and the visit to the passion tower. Printed it off , no problems there.

Our visit to the tower was scheduled for 12.45 pm We arrived at 11.30am but were told we had to come back at 12.00. This wasn't a problem for us as lots to do in the area. You had to be on time for the tower elevator but could then spend as much time as you wanted after that.

We walked past hundreds of people waiting to buy tickets to an area for people who bought tickets online and there was no one in that line. We saved over 2 hours waiting time by buying in advance.

Do not wait until you get to Barcelona to get your tickets. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
As noted, family membership is now only for locals.

A senior membership is still available to all. 20 Euros for a 1 year membership which avoids the timed tickets and waiting in line.

Does anyone know the age requirement for the senior membership?

We booked our tickets online, through Ticketmaster. When I got the bill on our CapitalOne no foreign transaction fee card, we were charged around $50, plus around a $20 service fee for ticketmaster. I mistakenly assumed the charge was around $20 per ticket total. So, for 2, with audio, the cost was around $70. Normally, I would called the credit card company to investigate, but I am just going to suck it up. Either I misunderstood, or they screwed up. Either way, I am not going to pursue it. I may have overpaid by $30, but it was worth it!!

Archived