Sagrada Familia Tickets?

cynbar

I really want to buy our tickets for the Sagrada Familia in advance, but I'm having a hard time picking the right source. One source, Ticket Bar, seems to say that you pick morning or afternoon, but the exact timeslot is not given until after your reservation. This makes me a little nervous ----- does anyone know of a source where you can choose your own timeslot? I also went to Viator, where they are selling 1 hr guided tours at 3 pm --- has anyone done this? All advice of how others have handled this will be appreciated.

Here is the link to the Sagrada Familia website. You can purchase tickets on this site.

http://www.ticketmaster.es/nav/landings/en/mucho_mas/entradas_sagrada_familia/entradas.html

Note the option to print your tickets or pick them up at a Servi Caixia terminals in Barcelona. I printed mine at home.

Hope this helps.

I really want to buy our tickets for the Sagrada Familia in advance, but I'm having a hard time picking the right source. One source, Ticket Bar, seems to say that you pick morning or afternoon, but the exact timeslot is not given until after your reservation. This makes me a little nervous ----- does anyone know of a source where you can choose your own timeslot? I also went to Viator, where they are selling 1 hr guided tours at 3 pm --- has anyone done this? All advice of how others have handled this will be appreciated.

We just became "friends" of the Sagrada via an annual membership. For anyone planning to tour and possibly purchase the add-ons, this is a decent deal.

Regular fees per person are:

13,50 Admission

4,50 Lift/elevator ticket (per tower)

4,50 Audio Guide

However, an annual family membership is only 38,00 per year. For everyone you include in your online enrollment, you get free admission to the Sagrada, free lift tickets, 50% off audio guides, 50% off guided tours, 10% off gift shop purchases, and free admission to the Gaudi Museum in Parc Guell.

An email inquiry before purchasing confirmed that - most importantly, no queuing in line, no reservation time needed. You walk up, show your membership receipt and walk in.

The website link is http://www.sagradafamilia.cat/sf-eng/docs_serveis/amicsAmic.php Click on the blue Online Registration bar. After completing our enrollment, we received an email with our membership paperwork as a .pdf.

~ Sheryl

Thanks for the advice, I went to the website and it was easy to buy tickets for the time slot we want and print them out. When we arrive at the cathedral, is it clear where the line is for those who already have their tickets? Or do we go to the front of the regular line?

Glad to hear you printed yours at home! The first time I went to Barcelona, I didn't buy them in advance and the line was at least an hour long, so we didn't go. The 2nd time, I procrastinated and bought mine in the airport lounge and the printer option didn't work.....so I thought I could pick them up at the yellow machines....I couldn't get them to print (but the system showed I had), so I had to go to a local bank who called the Sagrada office. They told me I needed my passport to show at the office, but I only had a copy.....they made no guarantees....but when we arrived, it all worked out! She saw my confirmation # and let me in, no problems.

As I recall, there was a distinct line for ticket holders and it was clearly marked. You have nothing to worry about!

As a "friend", can you go anytime without making reservations?? If this is the case, it seems like a no brainer for my family of 4.... Thanks for the info!!

We haven't actually used ours but that's what the email from the Sagrada information contact stated. I just reviewed our .pdf document. It welcomes us as friends, lists the names of those family members included (strict rules on the website for who qualifies), and an "Important Note" section that states, "To get into the Temple you can present this receipt until you receive your membership card". The email exchange specifically indicated we did not need to make reservations. Again, we haven't used it yet but are basing this information from emails received from the Sagrada website.

The purchasing process required that I provide full names and birth dates for those on our membership. We're going to take photo identification that includes birth dates just in case they require it.

~ Sheryl

We received a confirmation letter from the Sagrada membership contact. She verified that no reservations are needed. We will be arriving in Barcelona before we receive our membership cards. She indicated we could just pick up our membership cards the day we intended to visit. We will be required to show our passports to verify our identity and the passport numbers used in our membership application.

The last two communications also included the information that our annual membership includes two free passes for guests. Those will be available when we pick up our cards.

So if you're going to be at the Sagrada on the 29th and happen to see us milling about taking hundreds of pictures, tap us on the shoulder so you can come on in as our guests... lol

~ Sheryl

We just became "friends" of the Sagrada via an annual membership. For anyone planning to tour and possibly purchase the add-ons, this is a decent deal.

13,50 Admission

4,50 Audio Guide

However, an annual family membership is only 38,00 per year. For everyone you include in your online enrollment, you get free admission to the Sagrada, free lift tickets, 50% off audio guides, 50% off guided tours, 10% off gift shop purchases, and free admission to the Gaudi Museum in Parc Guell.

An email inquiry before purchasing confirmed that - most importantly, no queuing in line, no reservation time needed. You walk up, show your membership receipt and walk in.

The website link is http://www.sagradafamilia.cat/sf-eng/docs_serveis/amicsAmic.php Click on the blue Online Registration bar. After completing our enrollment, we received an email with our membership paperwork as a .pdf.

~ Sheryl

Awesome....thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the advice, I went to the website and it was easy to buy tickets for the time slot we want and print them out. When we arrive at the cathedral, is it clear where the line is for those who already have their tickets? Or do we go to the front of the regular line?

There is a separate entrance to the right of the entrance for those standing in line. You just scan your tickets and you're in. Be aware that you cannot get in before your two hour time slot. We were early and had to wait a half hour to go in. The church is beautiful. Enjoy your visit.

What's it like climbing down 400 steps in one of the towers? Something to be avoided if you're a bit decrepit? (I may have done this once upon a time, not sure, but I was 21 at the time!)

Yes, it should be avoided if not in good shape. The stairs are very narrow. You can get great close up photos of the spires, though. When we went up in March, they were allowing people to go down in the elevator, so you may be able to do the same.

• 2 weeks later...
We received a confirmation letter from the Sagrada membership contact. She verified that no reservations are needed. We will be arriving in Barcelona before we receive our membership cards. She indicated we could just pick up our membership cards the day we intended to visit. We will be required to show our passports to verify our identity and the passport numbers used in our membership application.

The last two communications also included the information that our annual membership includes two free passes for guests. Those will be available when we pick up our cards.

So if you're going to be at the Sagrada on the 29th and happen to see us milling about taking hundreds of pictures, tap us on the shoulder so you can come on in as our guests... lol

~ Sheryl

Thanks for this information! Just starting to plan for our 2014 trip & this sounds like a deal, especially since we are going with friends the 2 free passes will help lower the cost overall for each of us.

13,50 Admission

4,50 Audio Guide

~ Sheryl

Sheryl-

Would love a report on how it went when you return:)!

• 2 weeks later...

13,50 Admission

4,50 Audio Guide

Great suggestion- let us know how it went when you return!

Do you know if we order these well in advance, will they mail the membership cards to the U.S.?

Lastly, do you think copies of Passports are acceptable, or would you have to carry the actual passports with you for entrance?

Sheryl-

Would love a report on how it went when you return:)!

When my jet-lagged exhausted body finishes unpacking and dealing with a return to the office tomorrow, I'll give a whirl to sorting through the 3000+ photos we shot during our trip. I know... craziness. LOL

The Sagrada was everything amazing we've been told. My husband and I were completely awe struck. For those with religious beliefs, I would imagine this church is monumentally moving. I don't know that I'll be able to find the words to convey the feelings that come over you when you enter for the first time.

On a side note, the membership worked beautifully! The line was queued around THREE sides of the church. With our cards, we bypassed the entire line and went through the members entrance. There wasn't another person queued in front of us. Amazing.

~ Sheryl

When my jet-lagged exhausted body finishes unpacking and dealing with a return to the office tomorrow, I'll give a whirl to sorting through the 3000+ photos we shot during our trip. I know... craziness. LOL

The Sagrada was everything amazing we've been told. My husband and I were completely awe struck. For those with religious beliefs, I would imagine this church is monumentally moving. I don't know that I'll be able to find the words to convey the feelings that come over you when you enter for the first time.

On a side note, the membership worked beautifully! The line was queued around THREE sides of the church. With our cards, we bypassed the entire line and went through the members entrance. There wasn't another person queued in front of us. Amazing.

~ Sheryl

Hi Sheryl,

Do you know if you have to be related family members to get the family pass?

Thanks!

Did you use the 2 free passes for guests when you went? Or was it just your family? We're going with another couple & I thought about purchasing the family package for my husband & I if we could use the guest pass on the first visit. If not it would be cheaper to buy the regular tickets instead of becoming "friends". Thanks for your help.

Archived