Sagrada Familia Tickets?

cynbar

We just became "friends" of the Sagrada via an annual membership. For anyone planning to tour and possibly purchase the add-ons, this is a decent deal.

Regular fees per person are:

13,50 Admission

4,50 Lift/elevator ticket (per tower)

4,50 Audio Guide

However, an annual family membership is only 38,00 per year. For everyone you include in your online enrollment, you get free admission to the Sagrada, free lift tickets, 50% off audio guides, 50% off guided tours, 10% off gift shop purchases, and free admission to the Gaudi Museum in Parc Guell.

An email inquiry before purchasing confirmed that - most importantly, no queuing in line, no reservation time needed. You walk up, show your membership receipt and walk in.

The website link is http://www.sagradafamilia.cat/sf-eng/docs_serveis/amicsAmic.php Click on the blue Online Registration bar. After completing our enrollment, we received an email with our membership paperwork as a .pdf.

~ Sheryl

Hi Sheryl,

If I am understanding everything correctly this is a great deal for a family of 4 with two children....

The adult tickets are 13,50 € each

The childrens tickets under 18 are 11,50 € each

The tower admission is 4,50 € each

The Gaudi museum in Park Guell is 5, 50 € for adults and 4, 50€ for under 18

The total would be 88 € for two adults and two children.....

Its 38 € for the friends membership and you dont need to have timed entry!

Again if I am reading this correct it is a savings of 50€!

Can you confirm this?

Thank you in advance!

Question for English in Spain..... we want to become Friends of the Basilica. Wondering why they need our passport number and birthdates? HD refuses to provide this information and is convinced that the best way to go about getting tickets is to just purchase them on arrival. I do NOT want to stand in line, and don't know that we want to be pinned down to a specific time! Any ideas?

I would not worry about it. You enter that info in a secure website. (Plus it is a church site.) They just do not want you to go visit one day and then pass on your membership card to someone else, and then someone else, etc. for the next year. We were involved in high-level computer security businesses for many years and had no problem with signing up for this site.

Question for English in Spain..... we want to become Friends of the Basilica. Wondering why they need our passport number and birthdates? HD refuses to provide this information and is convinced that the best way to go about getting tickets is to just purchase them on arrival. I do NOT want to stand in line, and don't know that we want to be pinned down to a specific time! Any ideas?

Becoming a friend of Sagrada Familia is not really intended to be used as a way of getting tickets for a single visit.

I know that is what a lot of people here on CC have been using it for and I think in the near future the foundation will realise this is what is happening and will increase the 'friendship' costs

When you take out the friendship it is like joining a club and they want your ID for this.

I see no reason not to give a passport number and DOB but if you do not want to do this you either have to stand in line when you arrive or choose a time to visit and book in advance. There are no other alternatives.

Thank you for the "pep" talk. Well, we booked our Friends Family pass on line, but I haven't received anything yet (email) confirmation. I have also emailed the organization to inquire and haven't received any response. The charge has shown up on my credit card... how long did anyone else wait for a response? I did not incude our address as I don't trust that we would receive the tickets before we leave the US, but, according to an earlier email I received, they shold be at the information booth.

Becoming a friend of Sagrada Familia is not really intended to be used as a way of getting tickets for a single visit.

I know that is what a lot of people here on CC have been using it for and I think in the near future the foundation will realise this is what is happening and will increase the 'friendship' costs

When you take out the friendship it is like joining a club and they want your ID for this.

I see no reason not to give a passport number and DOB but if you do not want to do this you either have to stand in line when you arrive or choose a time to visit and book in advance. There are no other alternatives.

Help, I was all set to get the membership, had my passport and dob entered and then it asked for my husbands, he is NOT comfortable giving this info (yet he was okay if I did), can I just enter his name and DOB? Would that suffice? I love the idea of saving money and skipping line with no appt, this is the trifecta, any input would be greatly appreciated.

Help, I was all set to get the membership, had my passport and dob entered and then it asked for my husbands, he is NOT comfortable giving this info (yet he was okay if I did), can I just enter his name and DOB? Would that suffice? I love the idea of saving money and skipping line with no appt, this is the trifecta, any input would be greatly appreciated.

As I explained before, every member of the family you register as a 'friend' needs to give their passport number and date of birth (don't forget here the format is dd/mm/yyyy). If you don't want to do this you cannot become a friend.

This is a very common request here in Spain but we have to give our ID card number and DOB. If you do not have a Spanish ID card they need your passport number.

We have to carry ID with us at all times and are often asked to show it for even very simple things.

I don't understand what the objection is to giving ID/passport number and date of birth when, by buying tickets online, you are prepared to give your credit card details :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have a working link to the friends membership information and registration? All the links I have found redirect me to a basic information page with no links to membership. I can see obvious pages by googling, but all of those redirect too. Has this been discontinued?

Never mind. I found my own answer. It won't load those pages on a mobile device, and I was using a tablet. Pages worked fine on my PC. Thanks!

Does anyone have a working link to the friends membership information and registration? All the links I have found redirect me to a basic information page with no links to membership. I can see obvious pages by googling, but all of those redirect too. Has this been discontinued?

We used our membership card 2 days ago. The only frustrating thing was the tower wait. We got to Sagrada Familia at 10:45, and received a ticket (at no charge) for 12:45 tower. We didn't actually get up the tower until 2:30... The line was awful, and honestly, I thought it was no big deal ( passion tower). had I purchased regular tickets online with the tower visit, I wouldn't have had the 2 hr wait between entry and tower visit. I though I'd be saving so much time, but the line to get up the tower killed me..

I guess it's definitely a case of "your mileage may vary". We arrived about 10:30 on a Sunday a couple of weeks ago, bypassed the long entrance lines by showing our membership paperwork, and - after picking up our card at the membership window- got 12:30 tickets for the Nativity tower ( they didn't ask which one we wanted - we just got the next soonest open time). About 12:15, we went to check out tower lines and there were none. We got right on the elevator ( we thought they might make us wait til 12:30 but they did not). It was the highlight of our visit, such intersting views on the stirs down.

image.jpg.df671139cfbc56cb47cae7e2cbd4fe1f.jpg

Anyone having trouble signing up for the friends tickets, I fill in all the paperwork, it takes me to the payment page and there is no way to pay for it. Tried it last week and this week. Any Clues?

I had trouble and had to try a few times to get pages loaded correctly. I know it sounds strange, but try during hours you think they would be open. Can't explain why, but this worked for us.

We purchased the Friends and Family membership. We went in June and it was a nightmare. I brought my printed out email of the purchase, and it still took us over an hour to get inside.

The woman didn't know anything about the membership. Many phone calls later she allowed me in, and promptly tried to charge for my daughter. After 15 min, they decided my daughter was allowed in. When I asked about the 2 extra tickets the membership promised, they said to come back in 15 min.

When we did that, I was told to come back 30 min later, since they were too busy to help me. When we finally got the tickets, they were timed tickets for 4 hours later that same day. We just gave them to a couple at the end of the very long line.

We enjoyed visiting the cathedral, but the logistics were a nightmare!

Fabulous information ... thanks ever so much. We're visiting at the beginning of September and this is very useful information.

We just became "friends" of the Sagrada via an annual membership. For anyone planning to tour and possibly purchase the add-ons, this is a decent deal.

Regular fees per person are:

13,50 Admission

4,50 Lift/elevator ticket (per tower)

4,50 Audio Guide

However, an annual family membership is only 38,00 per year. For everyone you include in your online enrollment, you get free admission to the Sagrada, free lift tickets, 50% off audio guides, 50% off guided tours, 10% off gift shop purchases, and free admission to the Gaudi Museum in Parc Guell.

An email inquiry before purchasing confirmed that - most importantly, no queuing in line, no reservation time needed. You walk up, show your membership receipt and walk in.

The website link is http://www.sagradafamilia.cat/sf-eng/docs_serveis/amicsAmic.php Click on the blue Online Registration bar. After completing our enrollment, we received an email with our membership paperwork as a .pdf.

~ Sheryl

I used the Friends pass with no problems in June. We went early in the morning on a Sunday, so they were not swamped. There is an information trailer where you need to pick up your cards. I had to knock on the window. I had emailed the membership office and they had our membership cards and our two guest passes waiting for us. It could not have been easier. We got the passes and went right in. We had to show are membership cards and our passports. They barely looked at the passports.

By the way, you also get 10% off in the gift shop. They had some very nice things in the gift shop, so we took full advantage of this.

I really want to buy our tickets for the Sagrada Familia in advance, but I'm having a hard time picking the right source. One source, Ticket Bar, seems to say that you pick morning or afternoon, but the exact timeslot is not given until after your reservation. This makes me a little nervous ----- does anyone know of a source where you can choose your own timeslot? I also went to Viator, where they are selling 1 hr guided tours at 3 pm --- has anyone done this? All advice of how others have handled this will be appreciated.

Took your good advice, bought tickets but all directions were in Spanish so could not print. Now says I must pick up tickets ahead of time at ServiCaixa terminals of "la Caixa". Could anyone tell me where they are located or how to find them? Thanks!

Approximate taxi costs (depends on day of week and traffic)

1. Ship to Sagrada Familia : €16-18

2. Sagrada Familia to Parc Guell : €8-10

3. Parc Guell to Plaça Catalunya/top of Las Ramblas : €8-10

4. Walk down Las Ramblas

5. Bottom of Las Ramblas to ship : €10-12

Total taxi fares €42-50

Alternative transport ideas

1. Port shuttle bus to Columbus Monument (€3 pp return) / walk to Parallel metro (10-12 minutes) / metro to Sagrada Familia (€2 pp) – total €5 per person

2. Sagrada Familia to Parc Guell, I would do by taxi as it is a long uphill walk from the metro station – for 2 people €5 pp

3. Walk to Vallcarca metro (8-10 minutes) / metro to Plaça Catalunya (€2 pp)

4. Walk down Las Ramblas to Columbus Monument

5. Port shuttle bus back to ship (€0 if you bought a return)

Total cost €12 per person

This would mean 2 metro journeys so unless there are more than four of you it is not worth buying a T10 ticket.

Apart from the port shuttle bus, all this could be done on a HoHo bus for €26 per person (€23.40 if you buy in advance online)

Hi Carol

Thank you for all the information you've posted here! Hope you might offer guidance on what we should "attempt" to see during our very short stay in Barcelona in mid September. Anticipate arriving around noon & transfer to our ship. Hope to quickly settle in and then spend a few hours sightseeing. Ship is in port overnight and we have the next day until around 3 for more sights. MAIN QUESTION: Should we attempt to see inside Sagrada Familia or will we spend too much time and not be able to see much of anything else? I am torn because it looks amazing and appears to be one of the main Barcelona attractions. BUT I don't want to spend so much time there that we really miss much of all Barcelona has to offer. Hope you are still responding to inquiries and can offer some assistance. Thank you!

The cathedral IS amazing, and just the exterior has so much detail to see. The interior design, to me, was unexpectedly very different, but very beautiful in it's simplicity.

IMO, La Sagrada Familia is a MUST SEE!!

Hi Carol

Thank you for all the information you've posted here! Hope you might offer guidance on what we should "attempt" to see during our very short stay in Barcelona in mid September. Anticipate arriving around noon & transfer to our ship. Hope to quickly settle in and then spend a few hours sightseeing. Ship is in port overnight and we have the next day until around 3 for more sights. MAIN QUESTION: Should we attempt to see inside Sagrada Familia or will we spend too much time and not be able to see much of anything else? I am torn because it looks amazing and appears to be one of the main Barcelona attractions. BUT I don't want to spend so much time there that we really miss much of all Barcelona has to offer. Hope you are still responding to inquiries and can offer some assistance. Thank you!

Unfortunately Carol (English in Spain) is no longer posting on Cruise Critic.

The cathedral IS amazing, and just the exterior has so much detail to see. The interior design, to me, was unexpectedly very different, but very beautiful in it's simplicity.

IMO, La Sagrada Familia is a MUST SEE!!

Quite. Here's my video of it

(don't watch if you want it all to be a surprise). All the best, Tony

A comment : I was in Barcelona for the day off a ship. I had joined Sagrada Familia as a "friend" membership. I walked to the front of a very, very long line and was let in. I spent about an hour or so looking around (you can spend less or more)and going up the tower elevator (which was included in my membership). It was the greatest and time saving deal. I even got into the Gaudi house museum for free and 10% off in the gift shop (which is expectedly expensive).

We just used the Friends of Sagrada membership and it was a breeze. However, we didn't realize we needed to get the tower tickets when we went in, and we tried to just walk up to the elevator. (ha!) So we went back to the front to get our tower tickets and it was an hour and half away. Unfortunately, we had already spent a lot of time exploring. So we decided to take the tickets and go across the street for some lunch and then return. The towers were definitely worth it!

Side note, my kids were starving for some "normal" food after being such troopers all trip with regional fare, so we let them get Subway. I didn't want Subway so me and my mom ate at the Wok Street Chinese food next door. It was seriously some of the best Chinese food I've ever eaten. Soooo good. No flaming for not eating Spanish food (our cruise was a Spanish liner so we had plenty of Spanish food on our trip!)

I just looked to buy the family friends pass on the website and it says its for residents only and that the two extra tickets are not available until the second year of membership :eek:

Looks like they changed it? :(:(

Unfortunately Carol (English in Spain) is no longer posting on Cruise Critic.

My goodness, this is sad news. She was invaluable to me as I prepared for our trip last April. I hope nothing is wrong.....

Archived