Sagrada Familia Tickets?

cynbar

Hoping someone might know the answer to this. I purchased tickets to visit one of the towers at 10am but I was thinking that way I could see the actual basilica earlier by planning to get there at 9am. Did I make a mistake thinking I could do that? I would hate to have to waste an hour sitting outside waiting to get in. :confused:

If we purchase the friends/family membership how does it work to go up the lifts to the towers? Same as the basilica entry where you just show up, show your card and bypass the lines? Or do we need to show the membership card at a ticket window to receive a timed lift ticket once we get there? Thanks in advance for any info.

If we purchase the friends/family membership how does it work to go up the lifts to the towers? Same as the basilica entry where you just show up, show your card and bypass the lines? Or do we need to show the membership card at a ticket window to receive a timed lift ticket once we get there? Thanks in advance for any info.

I have the same questions. Does anyone know the answers?

I emailed Isabel at the Friends office and she said we had to show our card and get the timed tickets for the tower once we arrive. She indicated that arriving early was the best way to make sure we didn't have to wait long, if at all, between our basilica visit and tower visit. She is holding our membership card for us to pick up when we arrive, since we leave soon.

Thanks CCs and English in Spain (Carol) for all the wonderful information. I purchased the family membership and should have my packet in 2 weeks. I am very excited to see this Basilica!

Debbie

Hoping someone might know the answer to this. I purchased tickets to visit one of the towers at 10am but I was thinking that way I could see the actual basilica earlier by planning to get there at 9am. Did I make a mistake thinking I could do that? I would hate to have to waste an hour sitting outside waiting to get in. :confused:

Did you ever get an answer to this? I am thinking the same - get my tickets for entry into the Basilica at 9:00 AM and spend some time with the audio guide for an hour and have an entry time for the tower at 10:00 AM.

Also, does anyone recommend one tower over another? It seems to have to make a choice between the Nativity Facade and the Passion Facade.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I have been trying to reserve tickets through the website, with no success, for the last 3 days. After all of my information is in, I get a message about an "unexpected error...please try again later". We are soon leaving for our cruise, so I am getting a bit anxious about this. We will have limited time in Barcelona, so I would really love to avoid the lines. Is anyone else having this same problem?

I have been trying to reserve tickets through the website, with no success, for the last 3 days. After all of my information is in, I get a message about an "unexpected error...please try again later". We are soon leaving for our cruise, so I am getting a bit anxious about this. We will have limited time in Barcelona, so I would really love to avoid the lines. Is anyone else having this same problem?

The most usual reason people have problems booking things on European websites is the format of the date.

Remember the format of date we use is dd/mm/yyyy.

Could this be your problem? Try again and check this out and post back here if you still have problems. Let me know the date, time and type of ticket you are trying to book.

No, actually there's a calendar to click the day of the visit, so that is not the problem. I am trying to book 4 tickets for the basilica and towers. The date is June 28th. I have tried several different times, thinking that might be the problem. I'd prefer one of the morning time slots...I tried the 11:00 and the 9:00 so far. The site takes all of my information, including credit card number, but after the final submit I get the error message. Could it be that the date is too far away? Do they only book a week or so in advance? Thanks for your response, Carol. I have bookmarked your information pages, and I've printed off some of the transportation info to take with me. You are a great resource for so many people!

No, actually there's a calendar to click the day of the visit, so that is not the problem. I am trying to book 4 tickets for the basilica and towers. The date is June 28th. I have tried several different times, thinking that might be the problem. I'd prefer one of the morning time slots...I tried the 11:00 and the 9:00 so far. The site takes all of my information, including credit card number, but after the final submit I get the error message. Could it be that the date is too far away? Do they only book a week or so in advance? Thanks for your response, Carol. I have bookmarked your information pages, and I've printed off some of the transportation info to take with me. You are a great resource for so many people!

It is not too soon to book. I have looked at 28th June and it looks like there are tickets available.

What type of credit card are you using? Have you ticked all the 'I agree' boxes?

What is the exact error message you get? Can you post a screen shot of the error?

Did you ever get an answer to this? I am thinking the same - get my tickets for entry into the Basilica at 9:00 AM and spend some time with the audio guide for an hour and have an entry time for the tower at 10:00 AM.

Also, does anyone recommend one tower over another? It seems to have to make a choice between the Nativity Facade and the Passion Facade.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Glad you got it sorted. I hope you love Barcelona as much as I do :)

Hello Carol, thank you so much for providing so much information on Barcelona. Can give me your thoughts on my previous questions regarding ticket timing and which tower to consider?

Thanks

Hello Carol-

First, Thank you for all the wonderful information that you have shared with us it is deeply appreciated.

We will be in Barcelona at the end of Sept. and are staying in the airport area. Our plan is to take the bus to Placa de Cataluyna and then transfer to another bus to get us to La Segrada Familia. In previewing the Bus link you have I am not able to find which bus number to transfer to or do you suggest another mode of transportation to get from Cataluyna to the Gaudi's spectacular church.

TIA,

Claire

Hello Carol, thank you so much for providing so much information on Barcelona. Can give me your thoughts on my previous questions regarding ticket timing and which tower to consider?

Thanks

I am sorry but I cannot give you any information on the towers.

Apart from the fact that I have mobility problems, I hate heights so have never been up the towers.

Hello Carol-

First, Thank you for all the wonderful information that you have shared with us it is deeply appreciated.

We will be in Barcelona at the end of Sept. and are staying in the airport area. Our plan is to take the bus to Placa de Cataluyna and then transfer to another bus to get us to La Segrada Familia. In previewing the Bus link you have I am not able to find which bus number to transfer to or do you suggest another mode of transportation to get from Cataluyna to the Gaudi's spectacular church.

TIA,

Claire

I can't think of a simple way by bus from Placa Catalunya to Sagrada Familia.

Which bus are you taking from the airport? - Aerobus? If that is the case you could get off at Pl. Universitat stop and then take the metro (line L2) to Sagrada Familia. The journey would take about an hour.

Why are you staying in the airport area? Which hotel?

I can't think of a simple way by bus from Placa Catalunya to Sagrada Familia.

Which bus are you taking from the airport? - Aerobus? If that is the case you could get off at Pl. Universitat stop and then take the metro (line L2) to Sagrada Familia. The journey would take about an hour.

Why are you staying in the airport area? Which hotel?

Hello Carol,

Thank you for your response. We will be at one of the airport hotels (TRYP) for a meeting a few days before we have cruise line transport to board the ship. We have been to Barcelona several times but due to the time needed to explore Segrada Familia we have saved this for this trip. We thought we would take the Aero Bus into the city instead of a taxi ride.

Again, THANKS

Claire

As a "friend", can you go anytime without making reservations?? If this is the case, it seems like a no brainer for my family of 4.... Thanks for the info!!

We just became "friends" of the Sagrada via an annual membership. For anyone planning to tour and possibly purchase the add-ons, this is a decent deal.

Regular fees per person are:

13,50 Admission

4,50 Lift/elevator ticket (per tower)

4,50 Audio Guide

However, an annual family membership is only 38,00 per year. For everyone you include in your online enrollment, you get free admission to the Sagrada, free lift tickets, 50% off audio guides, 50% off guided tours, 10% off gift shop purchases, and free admission to the Gaudi Museum in Parc Guell.

An email inquiry before purchasing confirmed that - most importantly, no queuing in line, no reservation time needed. You walk up, show your membership receipt and walk in.

The website link is http://www.sagradafamilia.cat/sf-eng/docs_serveis/amicsAmic.php Click on the blue Online Registration bar. After completing our enrollment, we received an email with our membership paperwork as a .pdf.

~ Sheryl

Sheryl, did you find this to be a good deal for two people?

Sheryl, did you find this to be a good deal for two people?

I received our cards and receipts for our tickets. However, it asks us to go to the website and book a time. I was under the impression that we didn't have to have a specific time to tour the cathedral. Am I wrong? Should I go online and specify a certain time for us to tour the facility?

We will be arriving in the morning before our tour and are not certain when we will be able to tour due to arrival, checking into our hotel, etc.

Carol, do you have any advice?

Many thanks

Jimanne

I received our cards and receipts for our tickets. However, it asks us to go to the website and book a time. I was under the impression that we didn't have to have a specific time to tour the cathedral. Am I wrong? Should I go online and specify a certain time for us to tour the facility?

We will be arriving in the morning before our tour and are not certain when we will be able to tour due to arrival, checking into our hotel, etc.

Carol, do you have any advice?

Many thanks

Jimanne

They want you to book a time for the two extra tickets. You can use your cards any day at any time for the next year.

Question for English in Spain..... we want to become Friends of the Basilica. Wondering why they need our passport number and birthdates? HD refuses to provide this information and is convinced that the best way to go about getting tickets is to just purchase them on arrival. I do NOT want to stand in line, and don't know that we want to be pinned down to a specific time! Any ideas?

Archived