Vatican Question RE: Credit card issue

originolsin

I received the same "authorization denied". Anybody know what to do now???

Anybody have any problems ordering tickets online?

I entered all the information, but I got a 'authorization denied' sign.

I had this issue , email them the number you got before authorization denied and they will email you the voucher. Tell them you got this error. Their email is on the page somewhere

we were there last week and had online reservations. There is a line for "regular", "groups" and "reservations". Just keep walking past the regulars up to the front doors and there are signs there. The reservations line has a security guy who scans your ticket and confirms that you are in the right line. Then you go through a much shorter line, get inside, go through the metal detectors, check any bags that are too big, then go to the furthest windows to get your tickets that are reserved (same windows for groups so the occasional tour guide is also lined up there as well). We paid with credit card no problem at that window.

It was very fast.

Once inside, the Rick Steeves method of getting into the Basilica worked like a charm! :)

Good luck!

I just got back from my evening in the Vatican Museum. It was perfect. No herd of humanity - maybe a couple hundred total. There were rooms where I was the only person. Maybe 6 of us in the Raphael rooms. In the Sistine Chapel, I'd be surprised if there were 100 people - plenty of room to move around and actually sit. St. Peter's was closed, but the square was not. To be 1 of maybe 50 people on the Piazza was amazing. Just to see it empty and imagine the thousands who were the when the new Pope was elected just boggled the mind.

If you want to visit the Museum without the crowd and the heat/sun, it is definitely the way to go.

we were there last week and had online reservations. There is a line for "regular", "groups" and "reservations". Just keep walking past the regulars up to the front doors and there are signs there. The reservations line has a security guy who scans your ticket and confirms that you are in the right line. Then you go through a much shorter line, get inside, go through the metal detectors, check any bags that are too big, then go to the furthest windows to get your tickets that are reserved (same windows for groups so the occasional tour guide is also lined up there as well). We paid with credit card no problem at that window.

It was very fast.

Once inside, the Rick Steeves method of getting into the Basilica worked like a charm! :)

Good luck!

Ditto to all for our visit, it was great to use the "secret" door which put us out right at The line for the cupola which only had four or five in it...we arrived at the museum at 9am, probably got to the cupola line at 10:30.

We did the Vatican Museum last Thursday. Had the vouchers and got right in, paying by credit card. We didn't enjoy the museum as it was hot and terribly crowded with many tour groups. We didn't get a chance to stand and enjoy the museum exhibits. We were just pushed along.

We just got back and had ordered tickets for the Underground Colliseum, just took the printout to the reservation window and got the tickets. No one else in line and we bypassed a hundred people waiting to buy tickets there.

Archived