Cruise points. Just curious, how many do posters here on the Critic have?

A Sixth?

How many Celebrity cruise credits have you amassed so far? :-)  

535 members have voted

1. 1. How many Celebrity cruise credits have you amassed so far? :-)

• Zero, yet to cruise but can't wait!
    • Classic 1-4
    • Select 5-9
    • Elite 10
    • 11-20
    • 21-30
    • 31-50
    • 50-75
    • 75-125
    • 126+

You just have to take the poll first... so you can find out what's in it. :eek: :confused: :p :rolleyes:

That line, is a line that will live in infamy. :cool:

• 5 months later...

Very interesting, Arno.

I did not realize the number of those with over 100 cruise credits.

DH and I were fairly new to X when we met a great couple through my being on their Trivia Team. Imagine our surprise when they were the top cruisers with 105 Cruise Points!! That seemed like so many cruise points to us. Still does!! Guess that was there was only one couple in that category.

Imagine all of the great cruises have been enjoyed by all of the top cruisers - and by all of us who are lucky enough to cruise on X!!

I agree, but all but 9 of our nights have been in CC and above... at this rate, we'll have 69 nights, with 60 of them in CC or above before we reach elite... I'm hoping when they switch to days sailed instead of points that we don't get kicked back... if we do, I'll, deal with it, :) not interested in the cocktail parties, but I could really use the free laundry & internet, & the priority tender would be awesome! Tired of getting up at 5 am to get tender tickets!

When RCL changed their point basis, they did not "switch" existing people to nights. They "converted" them using a formula. There are adjusting factors built in, but an approximation is that each point was worth 7 "nights". Going forward, points were based only on nights with suites getting double counts.

If Celebrity uses the same formula, your 6 points would translate to 45 "nights" and you would need to cruise for 35 nights, assuming 80 is the level for Elite. That would be 18 nights in CC or above (if they follow RCL's doubling at the junior suite level). So you would not be much further away from elite than you are now as it would take you 2 9+ nights in the current program.

When RCL changed their point basis, they did not "switch" existing people to nights. They "converted" them using a formula. There are adjusting factors built in, but an approximation is that each point was worth 7 "nights". Going forward, points were based only on nights with suites getting double counts.

If Celebrity uses the same formula, your 6 points would translate to 45 "nights" and you would need to cruise for 35 nights, assuming 80 is the level for Elite. That would be 18 nights in CC or above (if they follow RCL's doubling at the junior suite level). So you would not be much further away from elite than you are now as it would take you 2 9+ nights in the current program.

My upcoming cruise is for 13 nights, in AQ so I'll be getting 3 points, which puts me at 9 points.

If I hadn't been such a dope on our first cruise, I'd be at 10 after this next one, :) I didn't join Captain's Club till after our 2nd cruise (had to pay back then, but I do have a nifty plastic card) ;)

OMG. Brain just exploded.

There has got to be a better way....

:eek:

I didn't join Captain's Club till after our 2nd cruise (had to pay back then, but I do have a nifty plastic card) ;)

If you can prove that you were on the first cruise they will give you credit for it. We had video onboard and with the ship in the background with the date stamp. Used some SW to grab a few frames. Our first two Celebrity cruises on the Zenith in the early 90's. Helped reach Elite back when you got one credit no matter what:)

:o I so have no clue. We've only been on 5 Celebrity cruises. All were 10 nights.

HELP! Which poll thingy do I mark???? :confused:

LuLu

Each cruise you took would equal one point. If any were in Concierge class or higher, you would get an extra point per cruise. So you have somewhere between 5 and 10 points. Unless ALL of the cruises were in CC or higher, you would mark 5 - 9. If they were all in CC+, you would mark Elite 10. Note that the cabin category bonus started in about 2002-2003.

If you can prove that you were on the first cruise they will give you credit for it. We had video onboard and with the ship in the background with the date stamp. Used some SW to grab a few frames. Our first two Celebrity cruises on the Zenith in the early 90's. Helped reach Elite back when you got one credit no matter what:)

Thanks for the tips!

I have photos of us on the ship (Infinity) but no date stamp... I've contacted Celebrity about this, but there seems to be a record loss from back then, & we booked thru a local land based TA who is long gone.

The funny thing is, that I think I posted on cruise critic about this cruise then, i believe it was the same site, but very different, I found it under our (then) AOL accounts, but it was a very simplistic site... I posted questions about formal vs semi formal nights... I was really worried at the time. :)

My missing cruise is not the end of the world for me... hopefully we have many cruises in the future to make up for extra point.

We have one cruise on Celebrity but due to our points on RC, we were Elite (for your poll, I said one). It was quite funny as several people we met in the Captain's Club were visibly unhappy with the fact that we were elite on our first cruise!:D While waiting to get into the officer's cocktail party, the women in front of us were complaining about Selects being included, and they also were not happy about "those RC people" getting the same perks!:D

Sherri:)

They probably also support a "Cull" of Elites, with only those Elites having accrued 175 or more actual sea days (not points) with Celebrity, get the use and Elite benefits of the Elite Lounge.

Celebrity is looking forward, attempting to determine how to reward frequent cruisers while incentivizing both us and new customers to sail more often.

New levels with better perks will do that.

I look forward to the new tiers ...!

What specific new benefit would make you put down your remote and turn on your computer and book today? Or, book in the next few months?

I always struggle with that thought/question as I can't think of one thing (realistic new benefit that they would offer). We have in past sailed Royal in December and did book again for this December in hopes of the awarding of double sailing day points, but alas as of today, they are not offering this promotion this year.

As to booking with Celebrity vs others, I do tend to book Celebrity or Royal, but still have sailed Princess and HAL a lot based on price/itinerary/time of year.

Thanks for the tips!

I have photos of us on the ship (Infinity) but no date stamp... I've contacted Celebrity about this, but there seems to be a record loss from back then, & we booked thru a local land based TA who is long gone.

The funny thing is, that I think I posted on cruise critic about this cruise then, i believe it was the same site, but very different, I found it under our (then) AOL accounts, but it was a very simplistic site... I posted questions about formal vs semi formal nights... I was really worried at the time. :)

My missing cruise is not the end of the world for me... hopefully we have many cruises in the future to make up for extra point.

Sounds like not getting your cruise point will not effect your life in a negative way, but you are affecting the future by your positive attitude! :)

Each cruise you took would equal one point. If any were in Concierge class or higher, you would get an extra point per cruise. So you have somewhere between 5 and 10 points. Unless ALL of the cruises were in CC or higher, you would mark 5 - 9. If they were all in CC+, you would mark Elite 10. Note that the cabin category bonus started in about 2002-2003.

Thanks, Bob! Now, I've marked the poll.

Just 5 for me since we never had a cabin any better than a regular balcony on a Celebrity ship.

A couple of ours were back when Galaxy was doing those 10 night runs out of Charleston. It would be wonderful to have a Celebrity ship going out of Charleston again!

LuLu

~~~~

Archived