Cruise points. Just curious, how many do posters here on the Critic have?

A Sixth?

How many Celebrity cruise credits have you amassed so far? :-)  

535 members have voted

1. 1. How many Celebrity cruise credits have you amassed so far? :-)

• Zero, yet to cruise but can't wait!
    • Classic 1-4
    • Select 5-9
    • Elite 10
    • 11-20
    • 21-30
    • 31-50
    • 50-75
    • 75-125
    • 126+

11 cruise credits after sailing 38 wonder days on X. I enjoyed the days sailing and the cruise credits are what they are. I guess the perks will be nice but I don't use any of that for the reason to sail on X.

By the time that I sail again the perks will probably change or I won't have enough points to qualify so I can't really get that excited over it, when I finally reached the high levels on other cruise line the rules and perks changed so I never got to experience them either. Got grandfathered into one but the good perks were eliminated and replaced with useless fluff or something that cost to take advantage of.

43 nights, (33 in concierge or above) & I've only got 6 credits...:( we've got another 13 nighter coming up in AQ & we still won't be elite, wish X would go to days sailed instead of counting a 5 night cruise as the same as an 11

but I'm lucky to go on longer cruises, so it's all good! I just want my free laundry & internet :)

I've got 20 nights on Celebrity and a whopping 2 credits lol. Did 9 and an 11, so I missed the cut off each time for that extra point for the longer sail.

Now that would have been a nice inaugural perk, an extra cruise point for going on the inaugural of the reflection (or any other new ship). Didn't even get a mention of it being the inaugural while there really, it was weird.

8 sailings and 56 days brought me to elite. my husband rode on my coattails and and got his status because his wife did all the cruising :)

Well for Celebrity the reward program worked on us.

During our sails on Celebrity also cruised two other companies but since Elite.... 5 cruises and 47 days all "X" suites to balcony min. :o No other lines even booked... one maiden voyage was even cancelled

I've got 20 nights on Celebrity and a whopping 2 credits lol. Did 9 and an 11, so I missed the cut off each time for that extra point for the longer sail.

Now that would have been a nice inaugural perk, an extra cruise point for going on the inaugural of the reflection (or any other new ship). Didn't even get a mention of it being the inaugural while there really, it was weird.

I know, it's annoying to know that there are people with way less nights than us who are elite, but them's the breaks :)

Part of the reason we don't have many points is that when concierge class was first introduced, you didn't get the extra point for it.

I know, it's annoying to know that there are people with way less nights than us who are elite, but them's the breaks :)

Part of the reason we don't have many points is that when concierge class was first introduced, you didn't get the extra point for it.

Mine is just because my sailings weren't quite long enough.

We are trying concierge for the first time this fall on Summit, because we wanted the larger cabin and the extra cruise credit. Yay I'll be select after October LOL. I feel like I'll never make it close enough before they change the program and kick me down the ladder lol.

I'll take whatever perks they'll give me, but I'd obviously be more happy if they left us all with the same goals that we currently have, or maybe even switch to cruise days. I'll have 34 days after October.

But a few posters have argued the $$$$ spent reward structure.

Should 12 days in the least expensive interior be rewarded the same as 12 days in a Suite?

As it stands now the suite gets only a slightly better reward.

We have one cruise on Celebrity but due to our points on RC, we were Elite (for your poll, I said one). It was quite funny as several people we met in the Captain's Club were visibly unhappy with the fact that we were elite on our first cruise!:D While waiting to get into the officer's cocktail party, the women in front of us were complaining about Selects being included, and they also were not happy about "those RC people" getting the same perks!:D

Sherri:)

I don't begrudge anyone cross fleet credit for cruises accumulated but I do have a question. If we are Elite on =X= and book on RCI do we get any sort of cross recognition benefit?

Other than =X= we have only sailed on Princess and HAL so I am curious.

Everyone have a great day out there.

:):):)

So how many points do you personally have? This is an anonymous poll so lets see how many posters have zero to what ever cruise credits

I have never been on a Celebrity cruise - yet. However, since I am Diamond with Royal Caribbean I am Elite with Celebrity.

I don't begrudge anyone cross fleet credit for cruises accumulated but I do have a question. If we are Elite on =X= and book on RCI do we get any sort of cross recognition benefit?

if you are elite on celebrity you will be given diamond status on RCCL. i sailed them four times with only 19 days or so at sea which would make me platinum, but because i am elite on celebrity my status has been upgraded to diamond.

Yes, they have reciprocity, you will be diamond level on RCL.

I have never been on a Celebrity cruise - yet. However, since I am Diamond with Royal Caribbean I am Elite with Celebrity.

yes, but when you answered the poll did you answer as how many celebrity points you have, or did you just automatically select the points that would put you in the elite category? i think the point of the thread is to see how many actual points celebrity cruisers have, not what is your status?

yes, but when you answered the poll did you answer as how many celebrity points you have, or did you just automatically select the points that would put you in the elite category? i think the point of the thread is to see how many actual points celebrity cruisers have, not what is your status?

It wasn't clear, so I clicked the Elite box.

But a few posters have argued the $$$$ spent reward structure.

Should 12 days in the least expensive interior be rewarded the same as 12 days in a Suite?

As it stands now the suite gets only a slightly better reward.

I agree, but all but 9 of our nights have been in CC and above... at this rate, we'll have 69 nights, with 60 of them in CC or above before we reach elite... I'm hoping when they switch to days sailed instead of points that we don't get kicked back... if we do, I'll, deal with it, :) not interested in the cocktail parties, but I could really use the free laundry & internet, & the priority tender would be awesome! Tired of getting up at 5 am to get tender tickets!

It wasn't clear, so I clicked the Elite box.

Sorry, I thought I was clear when I asked :

How many Celebrity cruise credits have you amassed so far?

I guess I should have added a few more words:

"Please count ONLY your Celebrity cruise points, no other lines related or not in your answer." But there wasn't room to add much more

Sorry, I thought I was clear when I asked :

How many Celebrity cruise credits have you amassed so far?

I guess I should have added a few more words:

"Please count ONLY your Celebrity cruise points, no other lines related or not in your answer." But there wasn't room to add much more

This addendum will not work as most will vote before reading any or all of the posts.

This addendum will not work as most will vote before reading any or all of the posts.

The addendum wouldn't fit on the opening line anyway... too long... I thought it was a clear question until I realized that to some a point is a point no matter where they come from.

Oh well I tried. :o

The addendum wouldn't fit on the opening line anyway... too long... I thought it was a clear question until I realized that to some a point is a point no matter where they come from.

Oh well I tried. :o

If you want to make sure it is clear - have a lawyer write it. :rolleyes:

If you want to make sure it is clear - have a lawyer write it. :rolleyes:

You just have to take the poll first... so you can find out what's in it. :eek: :confused: :p

So this nation of lawyers, by lawyers, and for lawyers, shall not perish! :rolleyes:

I tried to register for Captains Club about three times after sailing Alaska in a Balcony cabin a few years ago-I still have all the details but never received any confirmation or membership numbers....seems very inefficient (in the UK anyway). Looks like will need to phone them....due to sail again in 6 weeks so would like it on our details!!

I tried to register for Captains Club about three times after sailing Alaska in a Balcony cabin a few years ago-I still have all the details but never received any confirmation or membership numbers....seems very inefficient (in the UK anyway). Looks like will need to phone them....due to sail again in 6 weeks so would like it on our details!!

I think ours came automatically... never had to register....

Archived