Upgrade Offers

cindilouwho

Please be sure to come back and tell us about your experiences (both good and bad) :)

Bon voyage!

I will try to post "live from" .... unless I am having too much fun and cannot be bothered with all y'all!!!!!

I will do a comparison for sure - All the other folks in my posse are past AZ cruisers - I met them on board different AZ cruises - and it will be a first on O for all of us...so I will get a consensus!

Well, maybe not a consensus! I really would be surprised if all of you decide you still prefer AZ or, conversely, that everyone wants to switch over.

(For myself, we've considered some AZ cruises but haven't found one that was a perfect fit yet.)

I would expect a mix and mixture of opinions as to preferred line, but I would be very surprised if anyone of your group hates O!

It remains to be seen. I'm sure you'll enjoy your cruise whichever line you say you prefer!

Of course, comparing Marina to the "R" ships is another question! Some diehards on O prefer the "R" ships, others have moved over. I wouldn't be surprised if your group has the same results. Marina is larger but has more options. It's still NOT huge, but tendering is more of a problem on Marina than it is on the "R" ships. (But my one cruise on Marina had far less problems leaving the ship than our NCL cruise a few years ago on a 2300 passenger ship.)

Mura

You will only be able to invite fellow cruisers whose reservation time is within the allowed period. If they cannot make their own reservations because their time period has not opened, you cannot do it either.

The simplest way to handle this is to wait until they can reserve and call Customer Service.

I was able to invite guests to my table, who were not yet eligible for making reservations themselves by calling customer service with my guest's booking numbers. They did that for me on my cruise last fall. Presumably they still do it. But as others have reported max number at a table is 8 in the specialty restaurants.

Bernie

I will try to post "live from" .... unless I am having too much fun and cannot be bothered with all y'all!!!!!

I will do a comparison for sure - All the other folks in my posse are past AZ cruisers - I met them on board different AZ cruises - and it will be a first on O for all of us...so I will get a consensus!

Cindi,

While making comparisons will be inevitable, I wouldn't spend too much time and effort on -"well, A has this but O doesn't (or v.v)". But you already know this :)

Just enjoy the cruise as is and compare at the end.

Paul

Cindi,

While making comparisons will be inevitable, I wouldn't spend too much time and effort on -"well, A has this but O doesn't (or v.v)". But you already know this :)

Just enjoy the cruise as is and compare at the end.

Paul

I will have fun no matter what happens...that's for sure. The whole group has come together through AZ so the comparisons will be enjoyable I am sure. It's not a group that nit-picks, all great folks with positive attitudes. I am sure that lively discussions will ensue!

I will have fun no matter what happens...that's for sure. The whole group has come together through AZ so the comparisons will be enjoyable I am sure. It's not a group that nit-picks, all great folks with positive attitudes. I am sure that lively discussions will ensue!

Send pics of the 11 of you dining (course by course from the specialties) in your PH LOL

The PH on the O ships is divine. The closet is huge. Feel free to overpack.

Send pics of the 11 of you dining (course by course from the specialties) in your PH LOL

The PH on the O ships is divine. The closet is huge. Feel free to overpack.

Hey Laraine

I travel solo with one carry-on and a tote. I am a packing Master!!!!!! I usually fly business or first (on points not $$$) so they are lenient about the weight (Bags not ME).

If I shop to excess, then I buy a cheap bag on the last day in the gift store and stuff it full and check my bags going home.

I will appreciate the room for my infamous "sailaway parties". Do you think the bed can double for a large dining room tables? Could we fit 11? Maybe open the CLOSET? Lots of room in there!!! LOL

I will try for the pics but they may be "deleted due to graphic nature".

Hey Laraine

I travel solo with one carry-on and a tote. I am a packing Master!!!!!! I usually fly business or first (on points not $$$) so they are lenient about the weight (Bags not ME).

If I shop to excess, then I buy a cheap bag on the last day in the gift store and stuff it full and check my bags going home.

I will appreciate the room for my infamous "sailaway parties". Do you think the bed can double for a large dining room tables? Could we fit 11? Maybe open the CLOSET? Lots of room in there!!! LOL

I will try for the pics but they may be "deleted due to graphic nature".

You are a hoot -- I'd love to sail with you some day.

We are off to Dubai on Monday and boarding Nautica on the 29th. I am the classic over packer -- like you, I'm in business class with almost no baggage restrictions so the airlines encourage me to overpack. Someday I will follow Arthur Frommer's mantra -- "pack everything you think you will need and take out half." I have never been able to do that.

I think the closet seats at least 8.

We've had pre-dinner hors d'oeuvres for our group of 12 in the PH - it's OK for a short time (or very flexible/undemanding people) - especially if you can use the balcony :D

We've had pre-dinner hors d'oeuvres for our group of 12 in the PH - it's OK for a short time (or very flexible/undemanding people) - especially if you can use the balcony :D

Our group would probably not mind squishing into an inside cabin....maybe the closet. We are an affable motley crew! Free booze, yummy eats and excellent company - who could be unhappy with that arrangement!

The cost of admission to my sailaways is a treat from shore. Everyone finds something to bring back to share with the group. It could be alcohol or snacks or candy or something wild and delicious!!!!! (not something in human form tho :cool:).

We travel as a couple and without a posse. Are we going to be welcome and able to meet and make new friends. This group of 11 is quite scary to us.

You'll be just fine. Most people are quite friendly and very nice.

We travel as a couple and without a posse. Are we going to be welcome and able to meet and make new friends. This group of 11 is quite scary to us.

We have found Oceania cruisers to be very friendly, active and intelligent. We always travel only as a couple, and have made friends with whom we stay in touch and visit. I just wish that more of them lived closer to Cincinnati!:)

What could you possibly find scary about us? We all met either through CC or onboard a cruise and our common love of travel and adventure brought us together. We are all very friendly and have always, either separately or together, been welcoming to others! It has always been my feeling that "good" travel stimulates friendships and interactions that enrich our lives.

I use the word "posse" loosely and just use it to describe our little "motley crew" of folks. Some of whom we have not even met yet. We had a great base for tours already with our 11 and some would have just kept that as the tour group and yet we posted to CC for more folks, not because it was more advantageous to us financially but because we sought to make more new friends. We are up to 21 on some of the tours and would gladly welcome more if the buses were large enough.

I/we have never sought to be exclusionary and have never found many folks on our travels that were either. Those wishing to keep to themselves, do and those that don't will mingle!

If you had ever met us, you would know that we are anything but scary - many, many people on this board have always expressed the desire to hopefully meet on our future travels one day. I find this the ultimate compliment.

I am sorry if you misinterpreted my posts. They were not meant to frighten anyone!

You will do fine and have a great time. Wes so travel as a couple and have met wonderful people on board. Actually, we've met wonderful people even before getting onboard. Arranging shared excursions with others on our roll call helped to get to know each other in advance of meeting. In fact, we formed such a close friendship with two couples on our last cruise (Australia / New Zealand) that tne six of us have booked an African safari together for next year. It's easy to meet people on board ~ have meals with others, join activities such as trivia, strike up conversations while sitting poolside, etc. In all of our cruises, I could count on one hand the number of people who were not interested in being friendly. Have a wonderful cruise.

Harriet

If a group of 11 people out of 1250 is scary to you :eek:

WOW is all I can say

I am sure they are not all joined at the hip all day/night

If a group of 11 people out of 1250 is scary to you :eek:

WOW is all I can say

I am sure they are not all joined at the hip all day/night

agree ..... actually we travel around the ship like a pack of wolves, howling at the moon and scaring everyone in sight!!!! LOL

I love all the comments! I had a good laugh at the photo and all the funny thoughts!

I should have used the word concern. I was thinking we would find Oceania filled with many big groups who take up all extra space!

Clearly, this is a fun group who will make the whole trip a heap more fun!

Thanks for enlightening me!

Truth be said, I have heard of very occasional cruises that were monopolized by large groups, but in general that is not the case.

And if you want to eat dinner by yourselves without company, you can! We ourselves like to join others because having dinner with other people is a good way to meet other people although sometimes you run the risk of a poor match. But in general we've had wonderful experiences.

Mura

AND THAT'S WHEN WE ARE SOBER! :eek:

I am sure we have all been places where there are groups of "attention getters" who do not know how loud they are, or how much of a spectacle they are making (especially after cocktails!)

I am sure you have witnessed this too.

Personally, my father is a "loud talker", and we have to gently remind him to use his indoor voice in more quiet places. Nobody wants to hear his (or anyone's) conversation from across the room.

Archived