I want to board early but she cant

Hi guys

I have a cruise next month and Im travelling with my family and friends. I usually get really early to the pier since i want to start my vacation fast but the person in my staterrom is not going to get to the pier at least untill 2pm. Can I board the ship even if she is not present? I'm the one putting the credit card for onbaord use.

Thank you guys:)

Cabin mates don't have to board together, but if you're supplying the credit card for your cabin mate I'm not sure.

You could board early, have your cabin mate sign up for a 'cash account' and then visit guest relations and get it changed. Your cabin mate may have to put some money down to set up their account.

I thought I had read somewhere on the website that all persons in a stateroom need to check in at the same time, but maybe not.

All people on the same Set Sail Pass, should check in together, but it is easy to print a seperate set sail pass for each person

My partner and I have boarded separate and used the same credit card. She prints our boarding passes separate and uses my credit card information. When I checked in they saw that she was linked to my card already so all I had to do was give it to them. Somehow it all worked out.

but the person in my staterrom is not going to get to the pier at least untill 2pm.

Just remind her she HAS to be checked in 90 minutes before the ship sails! A lot of times that is 3pm!

As part of the check-in process, however, she would need to present the credit card to be used for her onboard account. (The SetSail pass only requires the last four digits, so that's not enough to set up the account.)

If she's not going to check in with you and you're going to be using your credit card for her onboard account, she'll have to set it up as a cash account on her SetSail pass and then you can make your own arrangements to use your credit card with Guest Services after you board as M&M suggested. (No cash should be required to set up the account, though.)

Archived