Steakhouse Menu....Recomendations???

gram2trips

I love the Ahi Tuna Tartare appetiser

I had the tomato and Gorgonzola cheese salad - good, but I want to try the one with the bacon

Surf & Turf - fantastic

Chocolate sampler - amazing!

We are celebrating 2 birthdays on our next cruise, and plan to eat there twice. I will repeat the Ahi Tuna, switch to the spinach salad (think that's the one with the bacon). I will get the lobster - because I always eat lobster on my birthday. And either the apple thing or the cheese cake for dessert. Maybe I will see if I can get the cheesecake to go.

I want to try the soup but there is so much food I can't eat it all! Fantastic meal!

Husband decided to try something new our last cruise. He got brave and had the Double Cut Lamb Chop. Now let me say he has never even tried lamb before so he thought why not. He said it was so tender and wonderful. Said he would eat it again. Said the spicing on it was perfect.

Agree with the Cheesecake. It is so big 2 or 3 people could eat.

One sad thing is the Ceasar Salad. Do not get me wrong. My son and husband love it. The problem is the presentation. They use to make it from scratch at your table. Sadly no more.

Hope he enjoys his birthday dinner.

My favorites:

Escargot

Caesar Salad

Surf and Turf

Choc. Sampler or Cheesecake

(Nap)

My only problem is I get the same thing each time and should branch out

LOL...that was me - until we cruised the Breeze in February!

Usually I get the Lobster Bisque, Surf and Turf and the Chocolate Sampler. But, I have also tried the Lobster Ravioli.

This time - in a effort to try all new things - I ordered the New England Crab Cake, Chilean Sea Bass and the Caramelize Washington Apples.

ALL were fantastic and I would do any of them again.

OMG this thread is making me hungry, we didn't bother with the steakhouse on our first cruise but will be visiting once if not twice on our next one.....cannot wait

Quick question, I love steak but cannot eat it pink or rare... I know some steakhouses are really funny about cooking well done. Has anyone had a steak well done and if so was it as you expected or half raw?

You won't regret the Steakhouse decision. It was our favorite "on ship" experience when we went on the Legend. That was the first time we tried it.

I haven't ordered a well done steak. That said, maybe if they butterflied a filet it would be easier to get well done.

Enjoy the steakhouse!

OMG this thread is making me hungry, we didn't bother with the steakhouse on our first cruise but will be visiting once if not twice on our next one.....cannot wait

Quick question, I love steak but cannot eat it pink or rare... I know some steakhouses are really funny about cooking well done. Has anyone had a steak well done and if so was it as you expected or half raw?

They'll cook it the way you order it. :D I don't order mine well done but they're always cooked perfectly. From about ages 8 to 11 or so, DD ordered hers well done and they always were.

Love, Love,Love the Steakhouse on The Magic.

Last year I ordered:

Shrimp Cocktail

Baby Leaf Spinach and Fresh Mushrooms w/ Blue Cheese and Bacon (Yum)

Spice Rubbed Ribeye Steak

Chocolate Sampler

Amazing presentation and flavor.

I can't hardly wait for another month until I am enjoying my Steakhouse Meal.

Good lord, you guys are making me hungry...and the pictures made it worse! :D

I have to wait until July. I'm trying something different for my birthday.

And I really don't know why I'm asking because I'm not a chocolate fan, but what's in the chocolate sampler?

Looks like I'll be ordering the crab cake, lobster bisque, creamed spinach, grilled fish, and cheesecake.

They will cook it how you want it without trying to convince you to try it "the right way". You can always ask for a butterfly cut, seems the best way to get the meat cooked all the way through.

I completely understand, I only like medium or medium well done, and some steak houses give you "the look" or "the lecture".....I don't wanna hear any mooing when I cut into my steak! :D

I was on the Liberty in November and tried the Steakhouse for the first time. I had the Surf & Turf and it was delicious BUT as I was eating, a server walked by with a Filet and it was HUGE. Even though I enjoyed the Lobster, I could get that in the Main Dining Room on Elegant night(I know its better in the Steakhouse) or even at home. Next time, I'm going straight to the Filet.

Unfortunately, the Victory doesn't have a Steakhouse :( so I guess I'll have to wait until January on the Valor

[quote name='Kethry88']Yes, there's a rosemary chicken and a couple different seafood dishes. I've heard they can even do a vegetarian entree if you give them advanced notice.[/quote]

I can verify the steakhouse can do a vegetarian entrée with advance notice. Actually, they can offer a nice selection of veggie entrees, and they are all excellent. It's old school, but the mushroom strudel with truffled mac and cheese is my favorite of them. :)

The portobella mushroom appetizer is really good if you want to go a little lighter to save some room. I really like the lobster ravioli as well. The lobster bisque is tasty but they should give you a cup rather than a bowl, it's way too much. DH likes the crabcake, but I'm from Maryland so it doesn't cut it for me, lol!

I didn't like the escargot as much as what was served in the MDR. (I was on Legend 3/31--The BEST escargot I've ever had!) In the Steakhouse they are atop little pastries with little taste. The cheesecake is enormous but didn't taste very good. I had to take it back to my cabin and nibbled on it for breakfast.

The filet is very big and delicious.

[quote name='crusinpsychRN']I didn't like the escargot as much as what was served in the MDR. (I was on Legend 3/31--The BEST escargot I've ever had!) In the Steakhouse they are atop little pastries with little taste. The cheesecake is enormous but didn't taste very good. I had to take it back to my cabin and nibbled on it for breakfast.

The filet is very big and delicious.[/quote]

I agree on the cheesecake. People rave about it and I'm always surprised. I like my cheesecake much denser and more flavorful. But, then, taste is always subjective. I LOVE the escargot in the steakhouse and consider it far superior to what's served in the MDR. :o Then again, I don't care for the chocolate sampler and that is a favorite of most.

[quote name='Quilting_Cruiser']I agree on the cheesecake. People rave about it and I'm always surprised. I like my cheesecake much denser and more flavorful. But, then, taste is always subjective. I LOVE the escargot in the steakhouse and consider it far superior to what's served in the MDR. :o Then again, I don't care for the chocolate sampler and that is a favorite of most.[/quote]

The cruise I went on 3/31 on the Legend really did have the very best escargot I've ever had. Not sure what was different but it was just spectacular.

Is there any better night to go to the steakhouse rather than the MDR? Are ther menus posted around the ship to see what would be for dinner in the MDR at any given night? We are definitely going and thank you for the pictures!

Wow this thread is making me hungry! Everything sounds delicious! Assuming the menu is the same on all ships?

We're going to the steakhouse on the evening of our anniversary and a friend was gonna order us a cake. Maybe I'll tell her to send it to us on another night, now I want the cheesecake!

[quote name='crusinpsychRN']The cruise I went on 3/31 on the Legend really did have the very best escargot I've ever had. Not sure what was different but it was just spectacular.[/quote]

That's good to hear! We're on the Legend in June for a 12-night Baltic cruise. I've made reservations for three nights in the steakhouse. DD and I always love to eat there, and we don't have much red meat at home, so she always likes going. :D I hope the same chef is still there--I'll definitely be having some escargot.

[quote name='wannago35']Wow this thread is making me hungry! Everything sounds delicious! Assuming the menu is the same on all ships?

We're going to the steakhouse on the evening of our anniversary and a friend was gonna order us a cake. Maybe I'll tell her to send it to us on another night, now I want the cheesecake![/quote]

Yes, the menu is consistent on all the ships that have a steakhouse. As far as the cake, I would ask to have it another night. You'll be STUFFED after a dinner in the steakhouse! :D

Archived