Allure: drinks packages - someone please clear it up !

Ok so we are sailing on the Allure next April and we are getting the Premium drinks package. We have worked it out as being our best option.

But what's puzzling me is exactly what it includes. How does it work? Do you wear a wristband or use the SeaPass?

What I don't find very clear in the terms and conditions is what exactly you're entitled to with the "Premium" package.

For example, if we're sitting poolside, on a deck, Rising Tide bar do we have to pay for drinks (alcoholic or otherwise)?

I ask because I've read reviews of people buying the "bucket of beer" while by the pool and stating its cost. Would this be included if you buy the drinks package ?

Sorry if this doesn't make sense, but I'm hoping someone can help me understand the logic of a drinks package on board a cruise ship.

They put a sticker on your seapass card as far as I know! Buckets of beer are not included. Drinks by the pool etc are included but not in the special glasses... You'll need to tell the waiter before ordering or go to the pool bar.

Do you know what beers are included in the drinks package ?

Would the "Premium" package allow you to get a gin and tonic ?

It says all beers except speciality beers as written on the bar menu. I think I read that these beers are the ones that are $6.95 upwards.

Gin and tonics are good until you burst !

Im not sure that document is accurate. Ive sen official webpages that show, for instance, that Gordans and Bombay Saffire plus all cocktails made from spirits on the all inclusive list are inclusive. That list shows only one gin and only frozen cocktails.

Forget that. The list is laid out rather strangely.

What is classed as a Specialty beer? I would have thought that meant branded beers.

It's an expensive package but hey if I can have a many gin and Tonics as I like then I'm a happy lady lol.... Oh and some Michelob too !!

Ok so we are sailing on the Allure next April and we are getting the Premium drinks package. We have worked it out as being our best option.

But what's puzzling me is exactly what it includes. How does it work? Do you wear a wristband or use the SeaPass?

What I don't find very clear in the terms and conditions is what exactly you're entitled to with the "Premium" package.

For example, if we're sitting poolside, on a deck, Rising Tide bar do we have to pay for drinks (alcoholic or otherwise)?

I ask because I've read reviews of people buying the "bucket of beer" while by the pool and stating its cost. Would this be included if you buy the drinks package ?

Sorry if this doesn't make sense, but I'm hoping someone can help me understand the logic of a drinks package on board a cruise ship.

12 of us have just sailed on Enchantment, 6 of us had the premium package which is the same on each ship.

A sticker will be put on your seapass which indicates that you have paid for the package. If your card stops working (which in my case happened 3 times) and guest services give you a new one make sure there is a sticker on it!

The drinks are included everywhere on the ship! The only drinks we had to pay for were coffees at starbucks and champagne cocktails! Don't forget that drinks such as coffee, tea and sodas are available free of charge at the windjammer at meal times. Sodas are also included in this package (IE pepsi/coke etc). Try the cocktail of the day each day- some days there will be an offer on where you get the souvenir glass free! As well as beers, wine, cocktails and spirits, the shots/shooters are included too!!

You can have all the g&t you want! Speciality beers include Peroni and Heineken amongst others!

We certainly got our money's worth!

I think the confusion with the list of brands (on the linked image) is because it is showing different packages (RCI do have a cheaper and premium package like X right?).

The title of what's available on the packages seems to suggest this as well as the odd layout.

I was told buy RCCL that if you pre-purchased a PREMIUM PACKAGE and did not like the choices listed upon boarding they would credit your sail/sign card for the package and you can pay separately, the first day only, before drinking, or course. They are willing to work with you if you don't see what you want on the offered alcohol selection.

Im not sure that document is accurate. Ive sen official webpages that show, for instance, that Gordans and Bombay Saffire plus all cocktails made from spirits on the all inclusive list are inclusive. That list shows only one gin and only frozen cocktails.

Forget that. The list is laid out rather strangely.

Why do you think the document is not acurate?

It was posted by someone who was actually on Allure.

12 of us have just sailed on Enchantment, 6 of us had the premium package which is the same on each ship.

A sticker will be put on your seapass which indicates that you have paid for the package. If your card stops working (which in my case happened 3 times) and guest services give you a new one make sure there is a sticker on it!

The drinks are included everywhere on the ship! The only drinks we had to pay for were coffees at starbucks and champagne cocktails! Don't forget that drinks such as coffee, tea and sodas are available free of charge at the windjammer at meal times. Sodas are also included in this package (IE pepsi/coke etc). Try the cocktail of the day each day- some days there will be an offer on where you get the souvenir glass free! As well as beers, wine, cocktails and spirits, the shots/shooters are included too!!

You can have all the g&t you want! Speciality beers include Peroni and Heineken amongst others!

We certainly got our money's worth!

Brilliant!

Does anyone know if bottled water is included in the premium package also?

Can you tell me how much does it cost for the Premium Drinks Package for one week ?:)

It is $55 a day per person, so for a cabin with 2 (btw all in the cabin 21 and over must purchase unless medically proven one cannot drink) the total for a 7 day cruise is $770.

Hi There

One more question. Are virgin cocktails included in the Premium Package? I figure that if I can have the flexibility to have a few of these during the day, and then move to the alcoholic versions in the evening, then this might sway me.

I know I might be pushing the friendship, but I also wonder whether RCCL might have an optional add on to upgrade for a nominal additional fee so that the freestyle machines can be used. While I'm at it, perhaps another nominal fee for the specialty coffees and bottled water. Better still, why not an all inclusive Premium Beverage package? Wouldn't that satisfy more of their customers?

Thanks, Jbaz

Archived