CD on the Shadow

duct tape

I hear Jimmy Kovel is leaving the line. Too bad, I will miss him. Lots of fun. His replacement is Mike Witte. Anybody know him? Evidently he did 1 contract in 2010 and did not return until now. Also Kirk Detweiler is returning as a CD. Anybody?

We've been on 3 SS cruises in the last year, one on the Cloud and 2 on the Shadow and Jimmy was the CD on all three. We will miss him. We keep in touch with him via E Mail and I think he may come on the Whisper for a visit on May 4th when the ship docks there. We are on that crossing and we hope to see him.

image.jpg.b5c4b03f76b4c6e798a04ffae794b048.jpg

I hear Jimmy Kovel is leaving the line. Too bad, I will miss him. Lots of fun. His replacement is Mike Witte. Anybody know him? Evidently he did 1 contract in 2010 and did not return until now. Also Kirk Detweiler is returning as a CD. Anybody?

We sailed with Kirk for two weeks in January 2013 on the Spirit. He was on the Shadow prior to the Spirit and has been with Silversea for about 1 1/2 years. He is going back to the Shadow at the end of May for the Alaska season.

Kirk has a lot of energy, is very active, professional, personable, down to earth, good-natured, and a talented performer (singer, dancer with a good sense of comic timing--don't miss his show). He is a very experienced and active CD. We think he is the best CD we have sailed with thus far (we have about 100 days on Silversea). The guy is everywhere--we were wondering if he had a twin!

Oh...and we really enjoyed his trivia. He does a great job at trivia. Can't forget about trivia....

:)

I'm very sorry to hear that Jimmy is leaving SS...I thought he was a great CD and his trivia was awesome.

I have a feeling that Mike Witte was the CD we had on the Silver Spirit transatlantic in October 2010. I liked him.

Emtbsam (Victoria) - do u remember the guy I'm referring to on that voyage?

Cheers

Jennifer

We are also very sorry that Jimmy is leaving. We sailed with him twice last year, on the Cloud and then on the Shadow and found him to be an excellent CD, and a very nice guy. And his trivia was awesome!!

Kirk is a good CD if a little manic at times. He does good trivia and he is certainly into just about everything that is happening onboard.

Does anyone know what Jimmy is going to do next.

I'm very sorry to hear that Jimmy is leaving SS...I thought he was a great CD and his trivia was awesome.

I have a feeling that Mike Witte was the CD we had on the Silver Spirit transatlantic in October 2010. I liked him.

Emtbsam (Victoria) - do u remember the guy I'm referring to on that voyage?

Cheers

Jennifer

Yes, he was the CD on our TA in 2010.

Herman, With 100+ days on SS, have you never sailed with Colin Brown? In our opinion he is the best on any line. Ray Solaire on RSSC is a contemporary of his and ioo they head the list. Not to say there aren't other good ones like Judy-toodle oo- on SS or Jamie et ux on RSSC. The afore mentioned two, however, get our votes as best:)

Herman, we were on the Spirit for the month of February, just after you, and Kirk told us that he was going to the Whisper in the Baltic after his vacation. Wonder if his plans changed suddenly?

Hello Wellseasoned (Dieter?)

Yes, that is correct--Kirk thought he was going to be on the Whisper in the Baltic, but he got notification last week that he would be on the Shadow. Perhaps the sudden change of plans due to Jimmy's resignation? I emailed Silversea today to find out who would be the CD on the Whisper in July and they said they would let me know in June?!? Kirk has spent over 15 seasons in Alaska so perhaps they thought he would be good for those itineraries.

Herman, With 100+ days on SS, have you never sailed with Colin Brown? In our opinion he is the best on any line. Ray Solaire on RSSC is a contemporary of his and ioo they head the list. Not to say there aren't other good ones like Judy-toodle oo- on SS or Jamie et ux on RSSC. The afore mentioned two, however, get our votes as best:)

We have never sailed with Colin Brown!

As mentioned, trying to figure out who the CD will be on the Whisper in July. I assume Don Fluke will be on vacation, so that leaves Fernando, Allan King, and? So:

Spirit--?

Shadow -- Kirk

Whisper --?

Cloud--?

Wind--?

On vacation: Don Fluke

No longer with Silversea: Jimmy Kovel

Can anyone fill in one of the blanks?

We will miss Jimmy for many reasons, but know he will be successful wherever. Now is the time for him; land career now or forever on the sea. God speed, Jimmy!

Archived