Prices of Drinks and Wine packages.

deercottage

Both DH and I have bought the Prestige Select package and will be in a penthouse suite on Nautica. Can beers/glass of wine/cocktail be delivered to the room by room service , say as a pre dinner drink? Will we need to order food with it? How many can be ordered through room service at a time and how long do they usually take to arrive? Thanks

Both DH and I have bought the Prestige Select package and will be in a penthouse suite on Nautica. Can beers/glass of wine/cocktail be delivered to the room by room service , say as a pre dinner drink? Will we need to order food with it? How many can be ordered through room service at a time and how long do they usually take to arrive? Thanks

That's absolutely no problem.....and, as you are in a PH you can just ask your Butler to bring your drink automatically at the same time every day :)

We ordered a cheese plate and 2 glasses of red wine from room service. It took almost an hour to arrive. We called after 40 min. and they said the server had to go to a bar to get the wine and that caused the delay.

We ordered a cheese plate and 2 glasses of red wine from room service. It took almost an hour to arrive. We called after 40 min. and they said the server had to go to a bar to get the wine and that caused the delay.

Were you docked at the time? If it took them an hour I wonder if that bar they had to go to was in port. Or perhaps they had to get some staff out of a bar.

In any event an hour is not good. Hopefully just a one-off. Was it at dinner time? Seeing all the butlers in the hallways carrying trays esp. on embarkation day I suspect they can get backed up for room service

As someone considering a cruise of Oceania, all this information has been really useful (top marks all you guys!).

I am clear that the Prestige Package will enable my wife and me to most closely replicate the way we get our drinks on Seabourn etc.

But I'd like to understand the mechanics of the Prestige Package.

I ask the barman/waiter for a drink and convince him/her I'm in the PP program (by producing ship ID card, I guess). Assuming what I ask for is covered by the program (which sounds like pretty much anything I might actually want) he/she serves me.

Is that the end of the "transaction" (as it would be on, say, Seabourn) or must I sign a piece of paper for the Purser's Office?

As someone considering a cruise of Oceania, all this information has been really useful (top marks all you guys!).

I am clear that the Prestige Package will enable my wife and me to most closely replicate the way we get our drinks on Seabourn etc.

But I'd like to understand the mechanics of the Prestige Package.

I ask the barman/waiter for a drink and convince him/her I'm in the PP program (by producing ship ID card, I guess). Assuming what I ask for is covered by the program (which sounds like pretty much anything I might actually want) he/she serves me.

Is that the end of the "transaction" (as it would be on, say, Seabourn) or must I sign a piece of paper for the Purser's Office?

You just present your card, the bar tender swipes it for the first order in that bar or restaurant, and that's it....nothing to sign! The only difference with Seabourn, Silversea, Sea Dream etc is that first presentation of your "World Card" in each venue.

Early in this thread someone posted French champagne that runs 18.00 a glass but then later someone posted American sparkling wines which is NOT champagne. Could someone clarify?

Also can you wait a few days and then purchase for remaining days of cruise?

Early in this thread someone posted French champagne that runs 18.00 a glass but then later someone posted American sparkling wines which is NOT champagne. Could someone clarify?

Also can you wait a few days and then purchase for remaining days of cruise?

I can't recall the choices exactly, but I know Mumm Cuvee Napa was one of the American sparkling wine options....the $18 (I read some where it's now $20) champagne you speak of is Perrier-Jouet Grand Brut.....a very pleasant tipple! Two glasses and you've virtually recouped the Prestige select fee :)

I can't recall the choices exactly' date=' but I know Mumm Cuvee Napa was one of the American sparkling wine options....the $18 (I read some where it's now $20) champagne you speak of is Perrier-Jouet Grand Brut.....a very pleasant tipple! Two glasses and you've virtually recouped the Prestige select fee :)[/quote']

two? hmmmm....you haven't cruised with me have you:D

yummy, so worth it

we are not cruising til Nov 14; wonder how much the daily price will rise from 55

I can't recall the choices exactly' date=' but I know Mumm Cuvee Napa was one of the American sparkling wine options....the $18 (I read some where it's now $20) champagne you speak of is Perrier-Jouet Grand Brut.....a very pleasant tipple! Two glasses and you've virtually recouped the Prestige select fee :)[/quote']

the perrier jouet is not on drinks package now,just off riviera

Thanks for to all for the information on O offers of bottles of wine in packages of 3 since for me that sounds like the best way for traveling companions and I to get our bottle of wine for dinner at night without the ship wine packages. The premium package is more than I could or would drink in a day and the other package sounds like not enough at the time I want some wine. I will keep reading here however.

Do you recall the brand by any chance? :-)

sorry no, you can buy the perrier jouet still buy the bottle, If you like a drink the package still good value for money It still shows in bar menu as available ,but it wasnt on riviera on TA crossing

They must have just changed it because the Perrier jouet was available on the Riviera last month. Had many during my cruise and they were included in the drink package.

you maybe drunk em dry :)

Archived