Escargot?

floralscent

The shortage seems to victimize cruise ships more than land based eateries.

Plenty of cans of snails at our local super market and even the local brasserie has had them on their regular menu for as long as I can remember.

Escargots Provençale au gratin 5,95

http://lemanoir1.com/menu/regular?lang=en

Great photos. Why are the prices lower on Sunday and holiday?

I made escargot in mushroom caps just this past weekend. This is our favorite way to eat them. I slice cheese and place over them. Yummy :D

I HAVE noticed that the supermarkets are only carrying cans of tiny ones, not the large ones we used to buy. :(

Glenn

~~~~~

Sent using my mobile & Tapatalk

This sounds Delish! I will have to try and make this. Thanks for sharing.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news...On Reflection this month (June 7th-June 17th, 2013), the crab stuffed mushrooms were on the everyday menu in MDR. They were yummy, but I really, really would like to have both the escargot and the mushrooms - a combination plate would be ideal!!!:p

Blue Lagoon - thanks for the update. Looks like you are just off Reflection and still no escargot! I do love stuffed mushrooms, especially with crab though. I guess if they had to substitute something, at least it is good.

Great photos. Why are the prices lower on Sunday and holiday?

Who cares? :p:p:p:D

Blue Lagoon - thanks for the update. Looks like you are just off Reflection and still no escargot! I do love stuffed mushrooms, especially with crab though. I guess if they had to substitute something, at least it is good.

No snails on the Eclipse either... ON A MED CRUISE!!!!! (Glad you like the stuffed mushR's, I can't stand them.... give me snails or offer me caviar.... words to live by...)

Edited by A Sixth?

Who cares? :p:p:p:D

No snails on the Eclipse either... ON A MED CRUISE!!!!! (Glad you like the stuffed mushR's, I can't stand them.... give me snails or offer me caviar.... words to live by...)

Well - Caviar would be a much better substitute! I agree.

snail shortage is bogus. It is a $$$ issue. I am sure with the cheap lobster prices, they could sub for escargot with few complaints. Cost of mushrooms, get me a break.

Sorry, but what does this have to do with weather they are offered or not? It is a very simple yes or no question for people that have really sailed on a Celebrity ship in the past few months.

Sorry, but what does this have to do with weather they are offered or not? It is a very simple yes or no question for people that have really sailed on a Celebrity ship in the past few months.

It's a very simple thing.

Escargot are not offered much anymore.

They are readily available.

A decline of product/service.

No one who cruises any line wants a decline.

:cool:

PS They haven't been offered for the last 45 days plus of "X" cruises I have done. (They were on Princess)

Edited by A Sixth?

snail shortage is bogus. It is a $$$ issue. I am sure with the cheap lobster prices, they could sub for escargot with few complaints. Cost of mushrooms, get me a break.

Not true, well reported in many papers its an issue

Oh and currently on Infinity and plenty of escargot available

• 2 weeks later...
Just got back from the Equinox and were told by a waiter that they came back a cruise prior to ours (June 22 was our sail date). They were quite good and had them almost every night!

Thanks. That's good to hear!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Forums mobile app

Just got back from the Equinox and were told by a waiter that they came back a cruise prior to ours (June 22 was our sail date). They were quite good and had them almost every night!

:eek::eek::eek: We missed them by ONE CRUISE!!!!! (Ours ended June 11th)

Nooooooooooo@!!!!!!!! :eek:

We were On the Infinity June 2013. I had the Escargot every night. The stuffed mushrooms are good. The stuffed mushrooms are very filling. I can only eat 6 stuffed mushroom. I can eat 12 Escargot each night. I'm I the reason for the shortage?:eek: Richard

Escargot would totally MAKE DH's honeymoon experience awesome (aside from me being there if course) ;-)

Glad you got rated above the snails. ;)

Just off the Connie and they were available every night. The cruise prior the crab stuffed mushrooms were the substitute. Not sure why they were back on the menu for our sailing.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app