Got to share...

tactic

We got off the MSC Lirica yesterday a day early, our choice, so we could stay in Sorrento for a few days. Having cruised before, but never MSC, we were like lots of other people, reading reviews etc.. But we went with an open mind. before doing a review when we get home, I would like to share this.... No problems with rude, pushing, non-queuing people. The only people who moaned were a group of British people and they expected English fayre on the menu.

Anyone who has reservations and hesitations about choosing MSC, from our experience we would not hesitate to book again.

Please don't take it the wrong way... It was my sarcasm... We are British but the group in question were moaning from day one, they would never have been satisfied with anything, food, service etc... Wrong frame of mind and tried to railroad other Brits into thinking the same. Interesting the lady said to my hubby..what do you think of this, it's not like P&O, hubby told her that was because it was MSC....... We walked away laughing to ourselves. They were like magnets either on ship or shore we kept seeing them..... It became for us another daily activity... Lets avoid them.....

In conclusion we had a fab time, as seasoned travellers we would like to defend MSC in the light of bad reviews we have read, we thought the service was good, food couldn't complain and overall fabulous value for money.

"Please don't take it the wrong way... It was my sarcasm"

tactic .... that was why i said they did not look close enough LOL .. :) Princess is not like P and O either! what a stupid comment to make, it is good to hear you guys enjoyed your cruise .... :D

I've met those types of Brits before as well. The moaning is bad enough, never mind their determination to get everyone else British to validate their opinion.

I do recall one couple going nuts about not being able to get a traditional British roast dinner with roast potatoes and Yorkshire pudding. These type need to either holiday in the UK or only travel on British ships.

Good job they were not on our Deliziosa Christmas cruise .... there was not a Turkey in sight on any day.

Maybe it is a good thing. I noticed that Turkey on the cruise ships is usually not very good. It is OK, but nothing like the ones made at home. Correct crispiness and temperature. :) And we tried it on various ships - Celebrity-Princess-NCL-Carnival.

Got off the Preziosa two weeks ago. Ship was fantastic, staff & service were great & the food was Italian, FAB. Message to moaners. If you get into a flat spin without your roast beef & yorkshire puds I suggest you don't go. If you like diverse foods & a break from our English fayre it's great.

If you go on this ship you must try Eataly. It's amazing.:)

I've met those types of Brits before as well. The moaning is bad enough, never mind their determination to get everyone else British to validate their opinion.

I do recall one couple going nuts about not being able to get a traditional British roast dinner with roast potatoes and Yorkshire pudding. These type need to either holiday in the UK or only travel on British ships.

And they probably removed their tips as well.

OP, so glad that you had a good time. I haven't been on MSC yet but have been looking at some summer itineraries very closely and would love to try them out. I have only been hearing great comments lately and you just added more reinforcement. Thanks for sharing!

Interesting the lady said to my hubby..what do you think of this, it's not like P&O, hubby told her that was because it was MSC.......

Only been on one P&O cruise and found it "ordinary" no WOW factor to the ship, Food very British and service just OK.:confused::confused:

I probably won't be troubling their booking office again especially now I've got hooked on the YC on MSC.

Shame Opera doesn't have YC as we are booked on her again a little later in the year. Black card very soon :):):):) Then we get the big 20% discounts (I don't think any oher loyalty card gives that perk)

We just got off of the Poesia in the Caribbean. It was our seconding sailing on her and have also been on the Opera.

In general most folks were well behaved. As an American, we also see the ugly side of folks if it isn't too their liking.

I think the big complaint of the Americans is - they want American food, fries, burgers, etc. Not quite sure they would do MSC if that is what they want. We were really happy with the food.

The trip was fabulous. Only wish they would keep another ship in the US. The Divina is coming, however I am not really fond of the large ships.

She looks like a gorgeous ship!

If you go on this ship you must try Eataly. It's amazing.:)

Mousehound do you have more info on Eataly? Charges, menus and the like?

Sailing on Preziosa for husbands birthday and wondering if we should have a special meal there or if its more cafe/bistro.

This restaurant is made up of two different areas. The more relaxed area has transparent perspex chairs with red backs. Very striking & funky. You also can sit at the counter & watch the chefs work. There is a smaller area where the furniture is all clear acrylic. Looks stylish. Here they do a taster menu, €30 including a glass of wine on arrival. The menu changes every day. Didn't have chance to eat there but ate in the informal area. Here you have a wide range of a la carte items. varying in price from about €7. I had the Steak Tatare. It was fantastic & a huge portion. Rather than the premium beef being minced it was hand chopped. Great texture & taste. I also had the Swordfish pasta. Very tasty & fresh tasting sauce. They give you warm bread in a brown paper bag, cute & it stays warm. The wines are well chosen & reasonably priced. The staff were great. Friendly, attentive & professional. They also have a shopping area where you can purchase speciality foods. A great experience & I will certainly go there again when I am the Preziosa next year. Hope this helps.

We got off the MSC Lirica yesterday a day early, our choice, so we could stay in Sorrento for a few days. Having cruised before, but never MSC, we were like lots of other people, reading reviews etc.. But we went with an open mind. before doing a review when we get home, I would like to share this.... No problems with rude, pushing, non-queuing people. The only people who moaned were a group of British people and they expected English fayre on the menu.

Anyone who has reservations and hesitations about choosing MSC, from our experience we would not hesitate to book again.

Thank you! :)

Archived