Docking place in Belize

forevertravel

Can anyone tell me where Norwegian Dawn docks in Belize. I understand there are two places one being Mahogany Bay. Any tips are appreciated. Thank you.

Mahagony Bay is in Roatan, Honduras, not Belize. In Belize all ships tender in at the same place in Belize City :)

Enjoy! I LOVE Belize :)

• 4 months later...
any ideas of seeing Belize and Roatan without using shore excursions off the ship??

Thanks!

Lucy

In Belize you can take a water taxi to Caye Caulker or San Pedro for less than $10 a person. Nice beaches and snorkeling at Caye Caulker. Much safer and cleaner than staying in Belize City.

any ideas of seeing Belize and Roatan without using shore excursions off the ship??

Thanks!

Lucy

In Roatan you can get a private tour thru Victor Bodden. You can set it up to see the areas you want to see. We were very pleased with our tour. In Belize you can do cave tubing. It is a better ride if you go private. We used VIV but there are a few different choices on the ports of call board.

In Roatan you can get a private tour thru Victor Bodden. You can set it up to see the areas you want to see. We were very pleased with our tour. In Belize you can do cave tubing. It is a better ride if you go private. We used VIV but there are a few different choices on the ports of call board.

We did the Victor Bodden tour in April on the Glory. It was excellent! We did the 5 hour tour, played with monkeys, drove around the island, spent some time at a wonderful beach at West End.........fabulous day and all for $30 per person! :)

This past February we booked a cave tubing excursion with cavetubing.bz operated by Vitalino Reye and family.

Not only was it less expensive but the actual time and distance were longer than the tour offered by the cruise line. The van ride out to the caves was informative and the guide was first rate. Afterward we were served a luncheon and the food was good although we joked if it was chicken or iguana, either way, it tasted like chicken and was very tasty.

A word of caution, the hike from the Federal Park parking lot to the actual caves upstream is a good mile or so. Wear good walking shoes as the path is made out of river rocks. DO NOT wear flip flops as your feet will hurt long before you get to the caves. The water is refreshingly cool and clear. You end up back near the parking lot.

This excursion was first rate and my wife and I both recommend it. By the way, for non-swimmers (like my wife) the water in the river in most places was waist deep or less. And no, their aren't any alligators in the cave section of the river.

Do they tender using the lifeboats like the Pride does in Hawaii? Please tell me they dont. That was pretty horrible. In great stirrup cay they used a ferry, which was nice.

No they don't use the lifeboats. They use huge tender boats that are based on Belize city.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I don't know about huge tender boats? We have always had local boats that are similar to a sport fisherman. Maybe 50-60 passengers packed in. One or two are somewhat larger. About a 15 minute ride each way. Depending on the sea and temps, it can be an ok ride or pretty stuffy. We always look for a seat near an open window!!!

Belize is a great port and I don't understand those that mention how bad it is or unsafe? We've roamed all around and never felt unsafe. Love the place!!!

Or maybe there are no alligators, because in Belize they have crocodiles.;)

Bill

Hullo Bill :D

Actually, I seem to remember reading that Belize has BOTH Florida type alligators AND --- you are correct --- crocodiles. lol That being said, we ARE planning cave tubing in December! :eek: I ain't sharing this conversation / thread with my teenagers accompanying me. :cool:

Archived