Anyone changing plans do to Yellow Fever Information

Karysa

Mainly, they are referring to residents from areas that are targeted infestation zones.

A vaccination is not recommended unless you are going to an area that is in an infestation zone as the vaccination can have some negative side effects.

But again, if you have been to any infested areas and it shows on your passport, they may require you to have the vaccination. I doubt that they will look through everyones passport but would focus on any that have certain South American passports or African passports.

"While some countries require all travelers get a yellow fever vaccination, Barbados only requires a vaccination if the traveler is from areas infected with yellow fever, areas where yellow fever transmission has occurred (endemic areas), and for travelers having transited more than 12 hours through the airport of a country with risk of yellow fever transmission. If this does not apply to you, a yellow fever vaccine is not necessary.

Therefore, we strongly suggest all guests, traveling to or from Barbados, South America, or an African country visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website at http://www.cdc.gov/yellowfever/ for yellow fever certificate information, instructions, and country-by-country requirements. "

**See Table 3-21 here: http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/yellowbook/2014/chapter-3-infectious-diseases-related-to-travel/yellow-fever

Old post that I found that is helpful for me, too! Thanks!

Question - I have a passport - so they'll be able to scan my passport, but my friend that I am cruising with doesn't have a passport. She uses her birth certificate. How will they confirm with her? Or will she need to get the vaccination?

Will there be any questions asked onboard or is this just a notification from Carnival that we received and just make us aware?

Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks for your help!

Your friend will not have issues. They know what the itinerary is for this sailing. She will not need a vaccination assuming that you have not been to any areas that are designated a yellow fever zones such as a Caribbean only cruise.

Have a great time on the cruise.

Keith

Archived