Monsters of Rock 2014

TravelRocker

Hi, having just recently spent the best 4 days of my Rock and Roll life I am chomping at the bit for any information on next years cruise. So far this is what I know: New ship, the Divinia, New Port-Miami, 4 days, March 29th to April 2nd. Don't know which Ports and more importantly, don't know which bands! (BUT.....I do know that some of the bands from 2013 have been invited or are hoping to be soon). Waiting for the "official" list to start up shortly! My cabin deposit goes in shortly! What have you heard??? :)

Hi, having just recently spent the best 4 days of my Rock and Roll life I am chomping at the bit for any information on next years cruise. So far this is what I know: New ship, the Divinia, New Port-Miami, 4 days, March 29th to April 2nd. Don't know which Ports and more importantly, don't know which bands! (BUT.....I do know that some of the bands from 2013 have been invited or are hoping to be soon). Waiting for the "official" list to start up shortly! My cabin deposit goes in shortly! What have you heard??? :)

Have you joined the email signup? http://www.monstersofrockcruise.com/coming_soon.html

Also a very active Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Monsters-of-Rock-Cruise/144400955629944

YES, on both questions! There's lots of rumors and suggestions and I even heard Whitesnake but some say they are too big. I can guess that some of 2013's will be back and I am hoping for Y & T, KIX, and Tesla as they got a huge response for their sets.

I'd like to see more UK or Euro bands come aboard, Saxon just blew us away. I'm hoping for Accept maybe, they are so hard driving Rock n' Roll and generally nice guys, think they would enjoy the cruise experience. I had the pleasure of meeting them the first time in 1984 at Monsters of Rock in England and then seeing them on and off over the years.

Hope the first group of MOR 2014 bands get announced soon. :)

Oh, and thanks for posting that great BBC article. The Moody Blues cruise was the one just after ours, Monsters of Rock 2013, same ship, the Poesia, big and beautiful.. Same promoter too, Larry Morand. But from some of the reviews here our groups had vastly different experiences with the bands participating..........that's why I can't wait for Monsters 2014, :)

Well, the "Monsters" folks sure are keeping us in suspense! I haven't heard a peep about 2014 yet. In the meantime I'll be seeing "Y & T" at the ledgendary Fillmore on May 18th. This will be the 5th year I believe that they're going to sell it out, a wonderful evening every year. If you're in the San Francisco Bay Area, or even further out come on in and see "Y & T" on May 18th. Then hopefully they will be invited back to Monsters of Rock 2014! :)

• 3 weeks later...
I can't remember which member of Y & T I was talking to (almost think it was Brad) on the last night of the cruise and he said they would be back for 2014! Woo Hoo!

Yeah, it may have been Brad, he's pretty excited about "everything"! I know before they left they all expressed their interest to the promoter to return next year. Negotiations didn't really start till Larry was finished with the other cruises he had before and after Monsters. I'll see what I can find out tomorrow night at the Fillmore. :)

On their facebook page there is a 301 Day "Countdown" picture made of CD covers.....now I see some "hints" that make me very happy! Poison, Iron Maiden, KIX, Quiet Riot, Journey, someone also said Def Lepard. Others think Iron Maiden is too big, (I think that's a very good choice). I think Journey may be too big....would love to see them again. I can't make out the other covers though.....I think the MOR 2014 people are getting us ready for the first round of band announcements! Accept would blow my mind. Bout time! :)

Yeah, I guess Quiet Riot are still playing though I have not seen them since Kevin Debrow passed away. He was one of a kind. Many years ago I got tickets to see Vandenberg, the Dutch band. A friend of mine said I need top pay special attention to the opening band, Quiet Riot. WOW, we all were so blown away we quickly got tix for the next night at a venue about 3 hours away!

We saw them on and off over the years as well as at the US Festival in San Bernardino, Calif. in the 80's. I really hope they do play MOR 2014, I want to hear those songs again "live". :)

OK....So....the Powers That Be are now saying that we should have the first announcement any day now! Fans of MOR are chomping at the bit to get the first bands lined up and ready to Rock n' Roll! I know a secret....but am sworn to keep my lip zipped till they roll it out officially...can't wait! :)

OK all you Rockers! First band announcements came out this morning and I'm very happy with quite a few that I wanted to see again or wished for with fingers crossed. So far MOR2014 will feature-Y & T, Tesla, Ratt, Cinderella, (maybe 3 times is the charm), :), KIX, Winger, (Yes!), Quiet Riot, Great White, Eric Martin, John Corabi, Ritchie Koten, Faster Pussycat and Ron Keel. As you know over the next few weeks & months they will be adding around 30 more!

Looks like we are going back to Nassau again, that's OK, because we had to leave Atlantis way too early to run back to the ship for Saxon's 4:30 set. That resort is absolutely HUGE. Can't wait to have another Bahama Colada also, yum. I'm guessing that Monster Island, the other stop will be another sun & surf play day.

I've got my hotel all locked in for Miami Beach, 3 nights, would suggest you get yours book as well, huge music festival that same weekend. Can't wait for more band announcements, Rock On!

Hi Sidari, you should know about "Y & T" too! They've been playing the UK since 1982. They usually play at the 02 venues around the country. Back in 1984 they played Donnington, Monsters of Rock as well. They will be back this fall and Winter and I can give you the tour dates and hopefully you can see a show before the cruise, you will be hooked, Cheers.

TR .... Y and T i am not familiar with well not the Initials anyway, i was searching through Youtube yesterday and came across a song that had been recorded around 1979 by Slade (my fav group) but never used on an Album or a Single,it was also recorded by Status Quo but again never put out by them (Rossi and Parfit were on TV tonight about their New film and Album)

The song called Another Win was written by Bernard Frost and Andrew Miller who were both involved with Quo in the 70`s.

I have added the link for the song which i hope you can listen to.

http://sladestory.blogspot.co.uk/1984/09/another-win.html

• 2 weeks later...

OK then....let's get this thread off Page 3 shall we? According to the MOR peeps, this is "the calm before the storm", the 2nd announcement of more bands to play Monsters of Rock 2014 is coming soon. Any guesses??? I forsee at least 1-2 European bands, Saxon went over very, very well in 2013. And Loudness from Japan were as loud and entertaining as always. Had not seen them since the mid-80's when they opened for "Y & T" a few times, nice guys. Hopefully we will have some new info shortly, can't wait! Cheers! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi dcsham. If you had not gone on the two previous cruises then I think you should jump aboard, it was an experience not to be believed, (or missed). The MOR people have released 2 lists of confirmed bands and I thought they said that they were getting ready to give us more. (I thought it was last weekend.....)

For the most part I am pleased with the line up so far, several great, great ones from last year, Y & T, Tesla, KIX, Faster Pussycat, John Corabi, Keel Cinderella and some others. I'm also looking forward to the new additions, Ratt, Quiet Riot and Winger. I know there's some more surprises coming. Hope you book your cabin when they open up sales. You will not regret it! Yes, Eddie Trunk will be back, he is perfect for the job and a really nice guy as well. Cheers!

Yes, we too are going in on Wednesday for 3 days in Miami Beach before the cruise, have never been there before so am excited and doing my research on what's to do and see in the area.

As a previous cruiser we get to cabin-select tomorrow I think. We had a Superior Balcony last time and it was beautiful but I think anything you choose will be great. We weren't in the cabin that much to be honest, way too much to do and see! Let us know what you choose, Cheers!

Archived