Carnival Splendor - Mongolian

ja_martin

My first time on the Splendor and I'm looking forward to trying this out! What do they have? I heard that you chose from Shrimp, chicken or beef and then there are veggies and sauces. What kind of sauces? What can you add?

If I know ahead of time, I won't hold up the line so long!

It opens at 12:00.Go there about 15 minutes ahead of time and wait for it to open.It is worth the weight IMHO.I loved it.

You can also head there as soon as you board if you board early enough to miss the crowds.Lots of people don't know about it the first day.

Laura

My first time on the Splendor and I'm looking forward to trying this out! What do they have? I heard that you chose from Shrimp, chicken or beef and then there are veggies and sauces. What kind of sauces? What can you add?

If I know ahead of time, I won't hold up the line so long!

It is the best and, IMHO, it IS well worth the wait. The lines starts with noodles (usually two kinds), then add in whatever veggies you want. They usually have just about everything you can think of. Then, a cook will take your bowl of stuff, ask you what (if any) meat you want, and then what sauce you want. There are usually three meats a day. Chicken, beef, pork, shrimp, mussels. Sometimes I just go vegetarian. Then they have three sauces to choose from. Black bean, Thai BBQ, and Szechwan. I like it spicy, but I ask for all three. It's a great combination. Enjoy!

I know that the Mongolian Wok has been dropped from some Carnival ships, and replaced with a smaller Asian...uh, something. Anyone know exactly which ships, and what the differences are?

I really loved it on both of my previous CCL cruises -- well-worth the wait, which was never more than 10-15 min. even on a full Liberty -- and hope to have that option again!

I had the mongolian wok for lunch on embarkation day aboard the Splendor in December. This was the only time the line wasn't a mile long, so that would be my suggestion if you want to try it. To answer the other poster's question regarding the Blue Iguana Cantina, they assemble your burrito for you (like Chipolte or Qdoba). You can also get fish or chicken tacos, as well. Yummy!

I had the mongolian wok for lunch on embarkation day aboard the Splendor in December. This was the only time the line wasn't a mile long, so that would be my suggestion if you want to try it. To answer the other poster's question regarding the Blue Iguana Cantina, they assemble your burrito for you (like Chipolte or Qdoba). You can also get fish or chicken tacos, as well. Yummy!

So, both the Mongolian Wok and the Burrito are part of the buffet area or are they located apart from the main buffet area?

MARAPRINCE

So, both the Mongolian Wok and the Burrito are part of the buffet area or are they located apart from the main buffet area?

MARAPRINCE

I don't know about the burrito bar, but the Mongolian is usually a separate line by itself.

The Splendor has the "Burrito Bar" but its not the signature Blue Iguana Cantina w/the tacos, salsa bar, etc. Still pretty good and they make it for you to your liking.

About the Mongolian...either go on embarkation day or go 15 mins before they open. We were there 15 mins early and the line was already 20 people deep.

Its located IN the buffet area in a seperate station...

Maraprince, go to www.cruisedeckplans.com. On the right you'll see a box that says "ship menu." Click on Carnival, then click on Splendor. Then you can click on Lido deck and see where the Mongolian area is. It doesn't show the burrito area, so I am assuming that is included in the "regular buffet" foods. :cool:

The Mongolian BBQ is excellent on Carnival Splendor. Some days will be meat days where they feature meats and other days will be fish (including clams).

Quality takes time and there is usually a 10-15 minute wait. Get to know your fellow passengers waiting in line and the time will fly by. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did.

BTW Carnival Splendor is my favorite Carnival Ship and there is the only Splendor Class ship on Carnival. Splendor is a modified version of the Concordia-class cruise ships, operated by Costa. It is a very big ship but doesn't feel big and has so many options for everthying from drinking, sunbathing and eating.

But it is located in the Buffet area and not a separate restaurant in another location?

MARAPRINCE

The burrito bar is located in the rear area of the buffet area. There is a large sign overhead and it has a separate line.

Archived