Club Quarters @Rockefeller Center?

psyfi

Has anyone stayed at the Club Quarters Hotel across from Rockefeller Center? The reviews seem positive, the location seems good and the price seems decent (for NYC). Thoughts for 2 nights in September?

What are your exact dates and what is the price? Club quarters are no frills business hotels with limited amenities and are not full service. The location is great, but my guess is that the hotel will have a small lobby and perhaps a self checkin with the credit card you reserved with. Typically these hotels have no food service but are attached to a restaurant and they tend to have small rooms.

I've stayed in these hotels in Boston and Washington DC and they were fine, but I knew in advance what to expect.

I think the location is perfect. You can walk up Fifth Avenue to Central Park or even the museums if it is a nice day. There is also an MTA bus you can take that will bring you up to the museums that runs along Madison Avenue, one block east. You are still on the Westside, so if you want to go to Times Square or the theater, Restaurant Row, it is all an easy walk. If you are really desperate for food delivery, I wouldnt be surprised if there were Chinese or Coffeshops in the area that delivered to that address.

We usually don't eat in hotel restaurants or hang out in the lobby so those losses would not be an issue. I can carry my own luggage and I know they dont have a pool. we will be out of the hotel except to sleep so as long as it is clean and in a good location, that works. Thanks for the thoughts.

From what you've said, I think it would be a good match for you. If you're happy with the price, book it. Typically September is the most expensive month in NY. I agree with Got2Cruise, the location is perfect.

This is a really nice hotel, I was able to see a couple of the rooms here and they are very well appointed, compact but, comfortable. There is a lounge here, a restaurant and you are very convenient to the Manhattan Cruise Ship Terminal.

Plus you are right across the street from Rockefeller Center. You can roll out of bed and head for the best view in town at the Top of the Rock or take the walking tour of the Art and Architecture which is very interesting as well.

Jonathan

Archived